Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamal Krishna MaitiYour feedback matters!
When she was two years old she had pox which left deep marks on her face is it possible to get rid of these marks.
I am fair in complexion but becoming black when I travel in sun. Idnt use any creams etc not even a face powder also Worrying a lot becoming black when exposed to sun Pls suggest me solution homeopathy or any other is desirable.
Sir face per glow ke liye kon si cream use kr sakte hai, meri skin oily hai or acne ke karan black spots ho gye hai, face dull dikhta hai, please kuch suggest kre face per glow aane ke liye.
My skin is very dull.& pimples rash have in my face. My face is very oily. And my skin is very dark.
My lips are very sensitive and now it getting white in morning. It pain full if it touch any object. Please help.
Hi doctor, I am 29 yrs male, in last 5 months I have observed that the outer skin of my private part does not open properly. If I try to expand it, it gets stretch marks which pains. Kindly suggest me something. Thanks in advance.
I am 30 year old, my skin is having lichen planus pigmentosa. My skin is became dark brown in face neck hand. What to do?
I just want to look too smart and very young, what should I have. To do daily basis, I am 25, but I am looking like as 35 by face not by body wise,
I have deep tan over my face and arms. Also uneven skin tone and keratosis pilaris over my arms, back and thighs. Is there a permanent cure for all?
Am suffering from hyperpigmentation on my face and forehead so I underwent a chemical peel treatment despite it got worsen so I want to cure my pigmentation please help me to cure thanks.
The skin is the largest organ of the body and for our overall health, it is important to ensure that it remains in good health. In the last few decades various cancers of the skin have been on the rise which has become a point of concern for medical professionals worldwide. A simple spot on your skin could be the very first sign of skin cancer and thus it is helpful to be armed with knowledge about this subject.
Types of skin cancer
Skin cancers are primarily categorized into one of three types:
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Although the types of cancer are different, they have similar symptoms that you can look out for. Analyzing your skin spots or lesions for tell tale signs can tell you whether it needs to be checked out by a doctor or not. Let's look at some of them:
- The shades or colors of the patch: Cancerous skin cells will have various colors on them and may be pink or white in certain areas while being brown or black in other areas.
- The spot or lesion will always be changing: If the spot or growth on your skin is cancerous it will constantly change size shape or form as well as color.
- Almost always asymmetrical shape: Cancerous growth on your skin will tend to be irregular in shape and one side of it will not be similar to the other.
- The shape or borders of the spot: If the lesion or spot on your skin is jagged, quite irregular in shape or the sides are blurred then this may be a sign of a cancerous growth.
- Tenderness of the spots or the lesions: These spots can be painful, tender, itchy and also have redness in the area surrounding it. It could even be oozing or bleeding although this depends from patient to patient.
- Horn like growths: Certain form of skin spots or lesions will grow into small horn like growth on the skin and feel like nails. This is due to the excess presence of keratin which is found in nails and may be an indicator for skin cancer.
- Moles that change shape, size or color: If you have developed a mole and it keeps changing its color, size and edges it could be clear sign of melanoma. In such cases it is best to get it checked by your doctor.
Skin cancers are easily treatable if diagnosed early and have a high chance of being cured, but it is also important for you to self diagnose any spots or areas of concern so that you can take appropriate action in time.