Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kamal Hossain
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Kamal HossainYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old, I am having anxiety disorder and my heart beats like it will pop out and I thought too much and can't relate to what is going on and having unknown fear and zero excitement.
Feeling body pain in morning when I wake up, exactly in the area of the position I sleep, more pain in back, is it due t . Im 48 year old male.
Hi, I have Stress Hip pain and sleep problem. I am not interested to go out of room. When I Leave my home my heart beat Increases rapid. Please tell me Best medicine.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Kya mein ocd ki treatment bina doctors advice ki lena band kar sakta hu? Muzhe kamuk vichar aate rahte he. Abhi accha mehsus kar raha hu. Doctors ne muzhe clonil 25 aur risdone 1 goli di he.
Hi Sir/madam, My problem is lack of concentration, I want to study but I can not get the interest towards book, Please suggest me how to overcome this problem?
My father's age is 53 had undergone heart surgery last year what all the tests he need to do every year. He is still smoking. Can you tell the health tips he need to follow sir. Please answer sir.
My father is of 50. He was suffered from major heart attack on 18 april. Then angiography was done and 2 veins blockage came 90 % and 60 %. Before standing or surgery he suffered from tubercular meningitis, Pott's spine and sepsis. Now following medicine is going on : R cinex 450 / 300 Combutol 1000 mg PZA 750 Pyri 10 Deplatt A 75 Avas 20 Cardace 1.25 Meconerv forte Is this medicine ok? Can we do ayurvedic treatment to remove blockage of veins? What can be done to remove the blockage ? Which should not effect adversely, keeping in mind all the diseases.
Hi I m 30 years old I have anxiety I did not understand what I listen just now I marriage thats why my wife does not like me she blame me mental and all her relatives do not like me she ask me divorce please tell me any medicine for my brain I m insulted very much and too much stress I feel like to suicide please help me.
We generally use the word 'stress' when we feel that everything becomes too much to handle - we are overloaded and wonder whether we can cope with the pressures placed upon us. Nowadays stress is a normal part of life. Almost everyone has some sort of stress. Constantly reacting to stressful situations without making adjustments to counter the effects, threatens our health and well-being.
There are steps you can help you managing day to day stressful conditions and take to feel better.
- Be realistic: If you feel overwhelmed by some activities (yours and/or your family's), learn to say NO! Eliminate an activity that is not absolutely necessary. You may be taking on more responsibility than you can or should handle. If you meet resistance, give reasons why you're making the changes. Be willing to listen to other's suggestions and be ready to compromise.
- Shed the 'superman/superwoman' urge: No one is perfect, so don't expect perfection from yourself or others. Ask yourself, 'What really needs to be done?' How much can I do? Is the deadline realistic? What adjustments can I make?' Don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it.
- Take one thing at a time: For people under tension or stress, their day-to-day workload can sometimes seem unbearable. The best way to cope with this feeling of being overwhelmed is to take one task at a time. Make a list of things you need to get done and start with one task. Once you accomplish that task, choose the next one. The positive feeling of 'checking off' tasks is very satisfying. It will motivate you to keep going.
- Share your feelings: A conversation with a friend lets you know that you are not the only one having a bad day. Stay in touch with friends and family. Ask them how they have dealt with a similar situation that may be 'stressing you out.' Let them provide love, support and guidance. Don't try to cope alone.
- Be flexible: If you find you're meeting constant opposition in either your personal or professional life, rethink your position or strategy. Arguing only intensifies stressful feelings. Make allowances for other's opinions and be prepared to compromise. If you are willing to be accommodating, others may meet you halfway. Not only will you reduce your stress, you may find better solutions to your problems. Go easy with criticism. You may expect too much of yourself and others. Try not to feel frustrated, disappointed or even 'trapped' when another person criticises you.
- Hobbies: Take a break from your worries by doing something you enjoy. Whether it's gardening or painting, schedule time to indulge your interest. Exercise: Regular exercise is a popular way to relieve stress. Twenty to thirty minutes of physical activity benefits both the body and the mind. Meditate: Just ten to twenty minutes of quiet reflection may bring relief from chronic stress as well as increase your tolerance to it.
- Take Herbal Supplement: Herbs like Brahmi, Ashwagandha, Mandukparni, Shankhpuspi, Kaunch are very helpful in managing stress. These herbs work on the brain and help relax you which ultimately empowers you to manage your stressful conditions easily. There are many herbal supplements available in the market that can help you.
- Consult the Doctor: If your stress level doesn't seem to improve with above tips, it may require more attention and consultation with an Expert.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.