Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kalyan Kumar BoseYour feedback matters!
1. Salt water gargles
2. Turmeric milk
3. Light excersice
4. Good sleep will boost your immunity & help you stay healthy in season change.
Communication is the key. Talk to your family, friends and professionals telling them how they can help and how you are feeling. Accept offers of help.
Hi I hve white discharge problem with smell its start after 1 week of period n close before 1 week to start again of period with itching n pain I hve cnslt already Many doctors bt prob is continuing after some time wht to do.
Hi. I am 35 years old. I am overweight in correspondence with my height. I want to reduce it. For that I started drinking green coffee but not that much effective. Please suggest some medication.
Sir maine abortion pills li thi 5 din tk bleeding b hui h phr 6th day check kiya toh dusri line bilkul Halki Halki show ho rhi h iska kya mtlb h m abhi b pregnant hu ya kuch tissue rh gye h abhi.
My wife aborted on 1st july. She starts contraceptive pills MALA D last 5th july. Today we do direct intercross .any chances of pregnancy. Pl tell.
Hi I am 26 years old I want too ask my period date is 15 Dec and I am doing sex on 14 Dec is these chances of pregnancy.
Our endocrine glands work overtime to keep us healthy by secreting hormones which reach each and every cell in our body through the blood. These hormones evoke life changing responses in other cells to keep us alive and healthy. Endocrine surgery is a term for an operation in any one or more endocrine glands in your body.
Types of endocrine glands
- Thyroid gland: This is the most important endocrine gland in your body and it secretes thyroid hormone, which regulates metabolism.
- Parathyroid glands: There are 4 parathyroid glands and these are located behind the thyroid gland in the neck region. These glands secrete the parathyroid hormone which controls calcium levels in the body.
- Adrenal glands: These are located over the kidney. There are 2 adrenal glands and these secrete adrenaline, aldosterone and cortisol- the body’s fight or flight hormone. These also maintain salt levels in the blood and the blood pressure.
- Neuroendocrine glands of the pancreas: These are located in the pancreas behind the stomach. They work to control glucose levels and glucose metabolism.
- Pituitary gland is the master gland of the body: It secretes thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and other important hormones that control ovaries, thyroid and other endocrine glands in your body.
Depending on the endocrine gland being operated upon, there are different types of endocrine surgeries. The most important ones are-
- Hypophysectomy: This is the surgical removal of the pituitary gland. It is a very sophisticated and critical surgery that surgeons resort to, if there is a tumor in the pituitary gland - especially craniopharyngioma tumors. It can cause atrophy of thyroid, adrenal glands and the ovaries as the pituitary secretes hormones to control their function. In addition, it can result in sterility and sometimes results in a non-functional reproductive tract in both men and women.
- Thyroidectomy: It is an operation that involves removal of the entire or parts of the thyroid gland in the neck. Trained ENT or endocrine surgeons perform this operation, which is indicated for thyroid cancer or hyperthyroidism, goiter or Graves disease. Sometimes it is done for treating an enlarged thyroid gland or obstructions in the neck region, causing problems in swallowing or breathing. In cases of total thyroidectomy patients will need life long thyroid hormone supplementation. Sometime patient can have change in voice which is usually temporary.
- Since the thyroid produces several hormones like thyroxine (T4), triiodothyronine (T3), and calcitonin, you will have to take oral synthetic hormones all your life post surgery. The thyroid is usually removed through an incision in the neck. These days there is the option of minimally invasive surgeries too.
- Adrenalectomy: It is the removal of one or both adrenal glands to treat tumors of the adrenal glands. It is done using an open incision or laprascopic technique.
- Pinealectomy: It is a surgical procedure in which the pineal gland is removed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
My wife has pregnancy of 7 week but doctor said there is no heartbeat is observed. Doctor sail my wife has to take 8 to 10 injection in two month name y sact. Please give suggestion what to do? till now she had taken two injection. Doctor told we can see result after one week. We have to go for check up on 1/5/2015. Please give your suggestions.
Hello docs. My period is late by 4-5 days .this problem happens from last 3mnt.in March I got my period on 29. Them April 25th. Then may 28. Why this so happens. please suggest me some med. My HB is 9 .I know it is very low. please suggest me help me docs.
Last 3-4 years I am suffering from heavy bleeding and pain Dr. advised me to remove uterus but homeopathic Dr. said it can be cured by medicines. I want to know is it true or not? I am 49 years old no polyps or system the uterus.
Can somebody please explain me in simple words that what is likely hemorrhagic cyst right ovary and how to get rid of this.
The least detectable and most comfortable material available is Swiss Lace Hair Skin/Hair Patch/Toupee/Hair Unit. Swiss Lace Hair Skin/Hair Patch/Toupee/Hair Unit, totally disappears when attached. It’s of delicate nature and all Lace Hair Skin, it is not suitable for first time hair wearers.
Features of Swiss Lace Hair Skin/Hair Patch/Toupee/Hair Unit:
Highly Ventilated, Comfortable for Scalp
High Level of Scalp Hygiene maintained
Hair closer to scalp are bleached in skin color to give natural look.
Available in high and low density of hair
Best quality processed Human hair (Remy) used
Most Natural look, skin colored, very thin and fine net.
Undetectable appearance, most suitable for back combing style and for frontal baldness
Can be used for Weaving, Bonding, Microwefting and Full Taping methods.