Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kachhap ManjuYour feedback matters!
I am 18 weeks pregnant still suffering from vomit, acidity and gas. Also I can not take much liquid in any form hence can't take recommended 12 glasses. I have been taking ondem 4 mg and pan d since I was 8 weeks pregnant. Are these medicine safe to continue for so long. Is there any alternative?
I'm 31 years female there is no solution for unexplained infertility? Medicines will not treat this problem? One cannot conceive with this problem?
Im suffering from heavy periods bleeding how can I decrease blood flow naturally through home remedy.
My friend is 8months pregnant and she is having legs pain and backache what should she do? And she also want to know in winters now what should she add in hot milk except protein powder n drink?
Exposure to air pollutants arising from coal burning vehicle exhaust airborne dust and dirt can increase the risk of developing high blood pressure warns a Study.
Air pollution can lead to inflammation and oxidative stress causing changes in the arteries.high blood pressure has been identified as a major risk factor for Cardio vascular disease and stroke
Hello doctor I am 9 weeks pregnant I have constipation from 4 days my stool is hard what can do for this please suggest some thing.
I have PCOD since 4 years, and I have never taken any medications regarding this. But I get continuous bleeding since past 4 months and I have consulted 4 doctors concerning this, and they say it's due to hormonal imbalance, and I have been into Primolut-N since then. I have to take it continuously for being in normal condition or else my bleeding starts again. There is no permanent solution for this problem? Please doc help me!
We had unprotected intercourse last sunday (25th Jun) and since that same day I am suffering from pain in stomach at lower left side and some liquid discharge is there also. Its intermittent (like once or twice in a day) but Its been 8-9 days I am having this problem. Before that I was on periods from 20th to 23rd June.
Infertility: Causes and Treatment
I am Dr. K.D. Nayar. I’m a senior consultant and head of the department at Akanksha IVF center, Mata Chanan Devi Hospital. This center is there since 2002, more than 15 years. Right now we’re doing almost 700 to 800 IVF cycle every year with the success rate of 40 to 45 percent. Basically, infertility is affecting nearly 15 percent of the population that means one in every six couples is infertile and when we look at the causes of infertility 30 percent is reason because is in the wife, 30 percent is in the husband and 30 percent causes are in both the husband and wife and 10 percent are unexplained. Whenever we get a patient with infertility we have to first investigate them and find out what is the cause of infertility.
Generally speaking 5 percent of the patients land up in the IVF cycle. In a IVF cycle, before starting IVF cycle we have to check the husband’s profile, husband’s seminal traces, whether the husband got any problem in ejaculation or erection. He must be able to produce a normal semen sample. Once we have the husband’s profile then we will investigate along with that we investigate the wife and then we start the IVF treatment.
IVF treatment, basically we give injection to the wife, around 10 to 12 days to produce more number of eggs. We monitor her with ultrasound; see how the follicles are growing. Once the eggs are ready we take out this eggs through a very small procedure through vagina only, no cuts. We take out the eggs at the same time we take the husband’s semen, put them together in a dish, fertilize it. All this process is being done in our IVF labs.
If the husband’s semen count or motility is poor then we can catch hold of one sperm individually and inject into egg itself this is called ICSI. Once we have mixed these sperms and eggs, we leave it in the incubator and observe the further process of fertilization. We check next day they become two cell, day two they should become four cell and so on, they’re growing.
Generally speaking, we like to take them to day five when they become blastocyst and then we have the transfer. Embryo transfer is also a very simple procedure, done without anesthesia. It hardly take 3 to 4 minutes. So, that will be the most vital step in the procedure and patient has to be reassured that there is no pain limitation. There is no obligation to the patient, there is no side effect to the patients general health. Once we do embryo transfer there after 15 days we check whether this embryo is implanted or not. That is a brief summary of the ideal procedure IVF or ICSI which we are doing generally in our center.
You can contact me through lybrate or you can call me directly at my number which is 9810398765. Our whole team is there to help you in your endeavor to achieve pregnancy.
Hello sir, my age is 27, I was married at 22 I have a child 5 year old, now I am planing for second from few month. But no result.
Hello doc, my this month period is not not yet started my date was 7th Nd I checked pregnancy test but it's negative, I been to doc Nd she gave premature some kind of tab, she said after taking this my period will start, but it's been I week it's not yet started doc Nd suddenly I'm feeling that my stomach was bloating from fews days I have taken omee tab for gas I have taken from Medical store, even I feeling fever Nd cold from last week. Present cold is not there then also my feel my voice is like I have full. Please help me out doc. Or suggest me gud tab so my period can start. Even I have cough frm 1 week it's not curing.
I and my wife are trying for baby for last 8 months but she is not getting pregnant, what should we do for she can get pregnant?
The World Health Organization (WHO) calls infertility “a disease of the reproductive system defined by the failure to achieve a clinical pregnancy after 12 months or more of regular unprotected sexual intercourse.”
Infertility can occur in both women and men. Primary infertility is infertility in a couple who have never had a child, while secondary infertility is failure to conceive following a previous pregnancy. A woman who doesn’t conceive and/or is unable to carry a full-term pregnancy is labeled as infertile.
Causes of infertility in women
Infertility in women is caused by many factors like infections and ageing amongst others like the following:
- High FSH - Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) is a hormone secreted by the pituitary gland in the body. It stimulates follicle growth in the ovary and causes the eggs to mature for fertilization. FSH levels increase with age and high FSH levels in blood can mean that the ovaries are not functioning too well and hence it can be a likely reason for infertility.
- Blocked fallopian tubes - Blocked fallopian tubes or ‘fallopian tube obstruction’ is the biggest reason for infertility in women. We all know that fertilization happens inside the fallopian tubes, so an obstruction here means an absence of fertilization and pregnancy.
- Endometriosis - Women with endometriosis experience a drop in fertility by almost 12-35%. It is a condition where the lining of the uterus starts growing, not in the uterus, but elsewhere in the abdomen i.e. ovaries, fallopian tube and the pelvic area.
- Fibroids- These are non-cancerous tumours inside or around the uterus.
- Age- The biggest reason for infertility in women is their age. If a woman’s age is 35 plus, her ovaries do not function properly and release less eggs, which are not very healthy.
- Hormonal imbalance - These cause ovulatory malfunctions and poor egg development.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) - PCOS is a type of hormonal imbalance, which leads to production of excessive male hormones in a woman’s body, thereby causing infertility.
Can Ayurveda boost fertility in women?
According to Ayurveda, infertility arises when ‘shukra dhatu’, which produces eggs in women and sperms in men, is weak due to lack of proper nutrition. This could be due to poor digestion or an absence of a balanced diet or due to the presence of ‘ama’ or toxins in the body.
According to Ayurveda, sexual indulgence and promiscuity can also cause infertility due to the decrease in ‘shukra dhatu’.
Ayurvedic fertility enhancers for women
- Ashoka – It stimulates the endometrium found in the uterus and ovaries and aids in ovulation.
- Lodhra – It cures all female disorders that stop conception and regulates levels of reproductive hormones like FSH and LH, which are essential for conception.
- Shatavari – It nourishes the ovum or egg and enhances fertility as it contains estrogen-like compounds.
- Gokshura – This herb is helpful for both men and women. It works as a fertility tonic in women by stimulating the ovaries and thus cures PCOS, a leading cause of female infertility.
Ayurveda also recommends a diet rich in food items like ghee, milk, almonds, walnuts, sesame and pumpkin seeds to improve overall health and thus enhance levels of ‘shukra dhatu’ in the body. Since ‘vata’ dosha is closely associated with the reproductive system in women, Ayurveda also assigns a lot of value to its regulation for proper ovulation and stress control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I had sex with my husband before 14 days. Can I check my pregnancy result by pregnancy kit? After 30 hour of sex I take a pill unwanted 72 Is there any chance of pregnancy?
To remain fit and free from diseases, it is not just enough to make healthy lifestyle choices, but one should also make a conscious effort to convert these choices into regular habits. Healthy habits make our lives happier, reduce stress and help in keeping body and mind fit.
You can enrich your life by adding these habits to your life:
1. Exercise regularly - Starting a regular exercise regimen can help you in getting fit. Apart from the physical benefits, exercise helps release endorphins in the body which are also known as the feel-good hormone as they make you happier.
2. Eat a healthy breakfast - The breakfast is the first meal of the day, so eating a nutritious breakfast that contains a healthy balance of carbohydrates, protein and fibre will keep you satiated and provide energy. Eating breakfast also helps to curb binge eating which may promote weight gain.
3. Stop smoking - Smoking can cause damage to the cardiovascular system in the body which can lead to increased chances of blood pressure problems.
4. Take the stairs - Using the stairs instead of the elevator burns more calories and also increases your aerobic fitness.
5. Avoid the phone before bedtime - If you use your phone before you go to sleep, then it can harm your quality of sleep. The light of the phone screen contains certain wavelengths which disrupt the hormone melatonin that is responsible for regulating sleep.
6. Meditate regularly - Meditating on a regular basis reduces stress, enhances your concentration and promotes overall well-being.
7. Avoid processed foods - Eating natural foods such as fruits and vegetables reduces chances of gaining weight and getting affected by disorders of the digestive system. It also helps in improving the health of your skin.
8. Drink green tea - Green tea is packed with antioxidants and nutrients which restrict the formation of free radicals. It also increases the metabolic rate of the body which can cause fat loss.
9. Do balancing exercises - Simply standing on one leg for 10 seconds can enhance your mobility and balance which will be beneficial for you in carrying out your everyday movements.