Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kabikankan Dutta
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kabikankan DuttaYour feedback matters!
I have a small white scar in my neck from past a week after I went for hair cut. Is it infection or fungal growth or symptoms for any other disease.
Dry skin is a condition caused by the lack of moisture in skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are just some of the conditions, which may be caused due to dry skin. Dry skin can also be very uncomfortable. The condition is mostly caused by environmental factors such as exposure to harsh weather conditions or getting soaked in hot water.
People at risk:
- Age: People who are older than 40 years of age tend to be more at risk of dry skin than people who are younger than 40 years.
- Climate: As mentioned earlier, weather conditions play a pivotal role in causing dry skin. Therefore, people who live in areas where the climate is either very hot or very cold tend to get dry skin more often than people who live in temperate climates. Low humidity is another factor which causes dry skin.
- Profession: Some professions, such as nursing or hairstyling requires frequent usage of hot water all through the day, which can also lead to dry skin.
- Swimming: Swimming is one of the major causes of dry skin. This is especially true in pools, which have chlorine. This is because chlorine increases the itchiness on your skin.
- Lifestyle changes: Usually, lifestyle changes such as avoiding long, hot showers and putting moisturizers are good enough to make sure that dry skin goes away.
- Lactic acid: Creams with lactic acid and urea can be prescribed by your doctor, if the dryness of your skin does not go away with moisturizers. These creams are usually over-the-counter medications.
- Prescription creams: Prescription creams are given, only when conditions such as dermatitis, psoriasis or ichthyosis are present.
- Wet dressing: Wet dressing is given only when dermatitis has set in, as it mostly help in preventing the infection.
- Oiling: Oiling your body, especially with fish or flaxseed oil, ensures that your body does not succumb to dry skin.
- Hand sanitizer: Normal hand sanitizers tend to make your hands dry. Thus, dermatologists recommend hydrating hand sanitizers that allow your hands to maintain their moisture. Therefore, whenever you are using a hand sanitizer, use a hydrating one.
Prostate measures 46.7 c.c.Grade 2 prostatomegaly. PSA is 1.076.phleboliths seen in pelvis. Marginal anterior osteophytes are seen at L3 to L5. Feel lower back and hips pain. Is surgery needed for prostate enlargement? Doing normal day to day normal things.
Is minor rectal prolapse curable in Homeopathy or is it suggested to go for surgery? I experience it everyday after passing my motions.
Hello! Dr. I'm 20 years Dr. I can not sleep properly in night n am awaking all night even nowadays I hve headache n dark eye circle which is not gud 4 me please Dr. Suggest me a gud treatment?
I am 29 years of age and I had my c section delivery on 11th July 2015 off late I have noticed little light brown spots on both my cheeks what is it and how it can be cured.
I had fungal infection which is treated but spots are annoying. Please suggest me something to treat them.
Hi friends , I am Dr. Rohit Batra, from Derma World Skin and Hair Clinics in Rajouri Garden and New Rajendra Nagar.
Today we’re going to talk about fungal infections, or as you all call, jock itch . It is becoming very prevalent in our society where both men and women are suffering from itching in rural areas and other body parts. No matter what you have been using, it doesn’t go. The reason behind that is, just like the fungus grows on your bread in the household and the bread lies in a hot and humid climate, fungus can grow on your body, especially in inter tribulus area or the pores of the body, because it finds sugar that is available in our body, sweat, and there is no aeration in these areas which remain closed, so fungus can grow there rapidly.
Now because people have been using all sorts of OTC products that are available with the chemist without going to a dermatologist, then they apply these creams, which mostly contain steroids. Till the time you are applying these creams, the symptoms vanish, the itching goes away, but only to come back as soon as you stop these creams. So if you are having a fungal infection in any of these body parts, it’s better to go to a dermatologist and get rid of it for once and al, otherwise if you keep applying these creams, the fungus keeps on growing in the body, affects other areas, and can give rise to a very massive fungal infection.
The various creams that are available as an OTC product should not be used, because they just control the symptoms and not the cause. If you want to get treated for your fungal infections, you need to visit a dermatologist. You need to take the course for two to three weeks for oral antifungals, something like terbinafine, itraconazole or fluconazole, along with few creams containing other aliconazole, and once this thing goes off, one should take care that while you are bathing, you should make sure that after bathing you dry yourself properly and don’t use wet clothes.
If you are going out for any sort of sport or for gymming or running, make sure these clothes, which get drenched, are not worn without getting them washed properly. And once you use a towel for more than two days, it should be properly washed, and should be dried in sun, and then only used. Such things are becoming very prevalent in our society, and families are being affected with fungal infections. So don’t share your clothes, don’t share your towels, and make sure that you don’t spread these infections to your family.
So if you are suffering from any sort of fungal infection, maybe it’s jock itch, tinea floris, tinea corporis, visit us. You can either visit us through our Lybrate profile, or you can call us on Derma World Skin and Hair Clinics in New Rajendra Nagar, or Rajouri Garden, and we can help you get rid of this fungal infection for once and all. Happy healing.