Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K RoyYour feedback matters!
Hair loss or Alopecia is a problem common to both men and women. It can leave you feeling very miserable. But rather than getting upset knowing the cause will help you tackle the problem efficiently.
The following are few shocking causes of hair loss that you may not be aware of:
- Hair Loss can be a hereditary problem for some people. It can be common to both men and women. Males may encounter male pattern baldness and females can encounter female pattern baldness.
- Women can face hair loss problems for using hair styling tools. You must avoid hair strengtheners, curling irons and dryers in order to control hair loss.
- Hormonal imbalances can lead to hair loss. Thyroid problems or levels of estrogen getting reduced in cases of women can cause hair loss.
- Lack of protein in your diet can also result in hair loss. Insufficient protein intake according to your age may trigger hair loss.
- Intake of too much steroids like birth control pills can also be a contributing factor.
- Stress is also a major contributing factor for hair loss. Any form of prolonged anxiety or trauma can lead to hair loss problems.
- Sudden and excessive weight loss also sometimes may be the cause for uncontrolled hair fall.
In order to combat the problem of hair loss you must consult a doctor and undergo the required treatment.
The following are few treatments that can prove to be helpful for you:
- Many clinics nowadays provide hair transplantation treatment. You may consider hair transplantation if you encounter hair loss at an alarming rate.
- Increase the intake of proteins in your diet. Include food like fish in your diet which is high on protein.
- Massage hair oils like coconut oil, almond oil, amla oil as they will help nourish the roots of your hair.
- Onion juice is proved to be very helpful in growing back hair on your scalp. Apply it on your scalp and it may help you to grow back your hair.
- Applying henna at home can also increase the volume of your hair and make it look beautiful too.
Along with the above mentioned treatments, eating healthy and sleeping well will also help you to tackle your problem of hair loss. Normally a person sheds fifty to hundred strands of hair per day, but if it is more than that, consulting a doctor is highly recommended.
My sister's daughter is 6 years old she is getting white patches on her face when she exposed to sunlight and becoming normal after few days. Pediatrician suggested sunscreen lotion. Still it is coming on other places. Pls suggest.
Though most pimple patients remit spontaneously, for the ones that do not or are unresponsive to conventional therapy or have obvious cutaneous signs of hyperandrogenism,
Hormonal therapy is the next option in the therapeutic ladder. It is not strictly indicated for only those patients who have cutaneous or biochemical evidence of hyperandrogenism, but can be used even without any evidence of hyperandrogenism, for therapy-resistant pimple.
It can be prescribed as monotherapy, but when used in combination with other conventional therapies, it may prove to be more beneficial.
Hormonal evaluation is a prerequisite for hormonal therapy, to identify the cause behind hyperandrogenism, which may be ovarian or adrenal.