Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K K GhoshYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 28 years old. I had bacterial infection near groin area and buttocks years ago. Now the infection is not present, but skin is dark in color where there was an infection. About to get married soon. Will this in any way affect married life?
Is it good to use baking soda for skin whitening because my skin especially by legs n hands became very dark due to sun tan. And even I have yellow teeth so for whitening is good to use. Or is it harmful to use. If it good wat type baking soda we have to use any specific brands.
Hi, I have a half inch meter accident mark on left side of the face and one near forehead. I think plastic surgery needs to be done. Kindly tell me What would be the cost.
Dear doctor, , I am just asking about the problem which I saved hair under the stomach. This is my friend phone app. That's why I am asking this with my details. Please answer this question, I have allergies under stomach part like pimples, rashes, water liquid all the time. Pls suggest me best solution, I couldn't cutt my hair because I am amritdhari (complete sikhni) person. I will wait for the answer with complete medicine and its treatment.
I have skin problem like roundworm. For nearly 2 years. After taking medicine it goes away but returns after 3, 4 days. What to do?
Can you help me please doctor my face very dark and black spot I am using some many fairness creams but not gud results. Pls tell me fairness home remedies pack.
Hello sir, i'm 21 year old boy but looking like 30 years old man reason is my skin problem. My face is looking like very ugly with scratch marks and pimple marks. I used all most of cream and faceface but no result found. Please help me.
Lips and skin around mouth are turning so dark these days. How can I get bright skin in those areas?
My neck and arm pits are black I think it's aganthosis and the black colour is due to pigmentation can you suggest me some good depigmentation creams.
Yesterday in morning when I passing stool I saw little brown blood after passing stool. My stool colour is clear. But when I clean I saw brown blood few drops. My stool was not hard. But from past three days my stomach was not completely clear.
Rosacea is a skin condition that is characterized by redness and the appearance of pus filled red patches on the face. Small bumps that are red in color and filled with pus may also be present on the skin. This condition can last from a few weeks to a few months. However, because of its appearance, this condition may be mistaken for acne or other allergic reactions.
It mostly affects women who are middle aged or have a fairer skin tone. This disorder does not have a cure but treatments can help in limiting the symptoms of rosacea.
The symptoms of rosacea are:
- Swollen red bumps: Bumps that look like pimple and contain pus can develop on the skin; the skin tends to feel tender and hot.
- Facial redness: Facial redness is caused by swelling of blood vessels on your cheeks and nose.
- Problems in the eye: This disorder may lead to problems in the eye such as irritation, dryness and swelling in the eyelids.
- Enlarged nose: The skin on your nose may become thick and swollen, making it look enlarged.
Causes of rosacea:
There is no exact known cause of rosacea. Contrary to popular belief, poor hygiene does not cause rosacea. There are certain factors that trigger increased blood flow to the skin, them being:
- Environmental factors
- Spicy foods
- Various medications that dilate the vessels that carry blood
- Chemicals present in cosmetics
Treatment options available for rosacea are:
- Oral antibiotics: Antibiotics are used to fight bacteria and reduce inflammation resulting from rosacea.
- Medications that reduce redness: Certain medications which come in the form of gels, when applied on the affected area, help in constricting blood vessels thus reducing the redness.
There are certain measures that you can take to prevent rosacea, some of them are:
- Use sunscreen: Use a sunscreen to prevent damage from sun exposure, make sure the sunscreen has a SPF count of 25 or more. However, the SPF measure should be determined by your skin texture.
- Use gentle products on your skin: Use a mild cleanser to clean your skin and make sure to moisturize on a daily basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.