Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Joydeep Roy
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. Joydeep RoyYour feedback matters!
My mother is 46 year old and she have diabetes. She use to take medicine 3 times a day but diabetes is not in control what medicine she should take?
Antibacterial, medicated soaps and washes are majorly advertised to be the best for maintaining a healthy, bug-free skin. You might think anti-bacterial washes and soaps kill harmful bacteria and germs lurking on your skin. However, antibacterial hand and body washes containing certain chemicals have recently been banned by the FDA (US Food and Drug Administration). They may be causing more damage to your skin, body and the environment and are no better than ordinary non-medicated soaps and washes.
A few valid reasons why you shouldn't use antibacterial washes:
- Antibacterials may lead to the growth of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria: Bacteria cannot be killed by the very low doses of antibacterials present in these so-called antibacterial products. Moreover, these products are typically washed off in less than 30 seconds, not enough time to kill any microbe. Remember, to kill any germ effectively, your physician normally administers antibiotics round the clock for at least 5-7 days! Bugs are smart and with exposure to small doses and short durations, learn and quickly adapt to become resistant to these antibacterials. Later, during actual infections, even high doses of antibiotics are unable to kill these bugs.
- Antibacterial washes have the potential to perturb the environment: The common use of these products by millions of individuals causes a huge amount of antibacterial products to flush down the drains. These reach natural waterbodies in lakes, rivers and groundwater. This disrupts not only other natural microbes, algae and fish but many other natural aquatic organisms, resulting in damage to many natural systems.
- Antibacterial washes disrupt normal body functions: In animal studies, some of these antibacterial chemicals are found to cause disturbances in hormones, heart muscle, sperm, brain, and bone. Though these changes have not been thoroughly studied in humans yet, they may still result in minute changes which may have a larger impact over time.
- Risk of allergy increases: Your skin contains many kinds of good microbes which not only protect your skin from other harmful microbes but are also good for your overall health balance. By altering the normal flora of human skin, antibacterial washes may alter the immunity levels of our bodies. This may result in development of allergies.
- Antibacterial Washes are no better than normal, non-medicated, regular washes and soaps: Plain regular soaps and washes are as effective in washing of germs and for maintaining personal cleanliness as any other specially formulated and expensive antibacterial soap or wash. Also keep in mind that products labelled, organic, or 'natural' are not necessarily safe. Simply use ordinary, inexpensive, non-medicated soaps or washes of your own choice.
I am suffering from diabetic last 10 years. Also gastritis my age 42 weight 74 kg. When gas filler in my stomach I am afraid then I am anxiety. Then run to hospital doctors give lesuride inj and I feel relaxed within half hour. Many doctor I visited all types of medical report done like endoscopy ,angiography, nothing comes in. Some doctor says visit phycratist. Give guide whom consult and which drug take.
1) Well I have been working out for almost 8 months. I also seem to be following a proper diet but even though I getting stronger every month my weight doesn't seems to be changing I have in 70 kg for an year is this is an problem 2) what can I do to have a six packs 3) how can I find that whether my diet is proper or not.
Is food helps us for longer period of sex .Sir? Mam what food should we eat before sex for longer duration of sex?Please suggest.
Doms- What Is Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness?
Is DOMS stopping you from workout?
The pain or the numbness which you feel post workout is not a pain. It is DOMS! DOMS is typically begins within 12-24 after exercise and it can last up to 72 hours. What happens during DOMS? DOMS develop as a result of microscopic damage to muscle fibers which are involved in the type of exercise you are doing. This damage can be because of the excess stress on particular part of the body during the exercise regime. DOMS is basically a side effect because of damage to the repairing process of the body.
What causes DOMS?
Activities which leads to lengthening of muscles with excessive force leads to DOMS. These are the most common examples of activities causing DOMS:- – Jumping exercises. – Aerobic exercises. – Jogging. – Cross fit. – Strength training exercises. – High intensity interval training. Severity of DOMS completely depends upon the type and intensity of force applied on that muscle during that activity. Higher number of repetitions causes more DOMS then lower number of repetitions.
Can DOMS occur to everyone?
Well, yes DOMS can occur to everyone who is exercising. It is a myth that DOMS can occur to only those people who are new to exercises. It can happen to people who are working out since ages as well but, the only difference will be the severity of DOMS. If you are exercising since long time, your body gets adapted to it as a result your performance will not be affected completely. If you keep training yourself for the same activity for years, you become less susceptible to DOMS in that particular exercise or activity.
Is soreness the only cause of DOMS?
Well no. Here are some most common symptoms of DOMS other than soreness:- – Swelling in the area of extreme pain. – Stiffness of joints. – Tenderness. – Reduced strength. Should you workout the next day with soreness? Most of the people say, they just can’t workout because of the pain. If the pain is extreme and unbearable it is okay not to do extreme exercise but, it completely okay to do some light workouts or something as simple as stretching. If you try and workout the next day, the symptoms of DOMS will start vanishing while you are performing the activity but there are chances that they might reoccur post workout (In your recovery process). Don’t work out on the same muscle groups after DOMS. For example, if you are having severe soreness post jogging then you can workout on your upper body the next day. There is absolutely no need for – NO WORKOUT! If the symptoms are extremely unbearable and excruciating then yes, do not workout.
How to ease DOMS?
To reduce the symptoms, apply ice pack on the area where it is paining. Gentle massage. These are just to reduce the symptoms but the complete healing can take place only after the exact diagnosis. How to prevent DOMS? If you undergo severe DOMS on your first day of your workout you probably have might done something wrong. Check for these points before doing your next workout:- * Proper form:-You need to be extremely careful while doing exercises especially the one with weights. * Progression should be extremely personalized:- It should always be started at a slow pace and it should be light with least repetitions (2 different people cannot do the same intensity exercises- It should be personalized) * Intensity plays a very important role:- It should be started with low intensity depending upon the muscle strength and then it should be gradually increased. Once you start taking care about these points and train yourself, your body will start preparing itself for the same exercise in future. Remember the old adage that says there is NO GAIN, WITHOUT PAIN! DOMS cannot be completely avoided but, the severity can be reduced by taking care about the points mentioned above! – Light pain cannot stop you from working out. – Sometimes working out the next day makes you to recover faster! So the crux of this entire article is, please do not skip workouts because of your soreness! Go ahead and do some light exercises or target a different set of exercises!