Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Joydeep Roy
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. Joydeep RoyYour feedback matters!
Top 10 tips for you to celebrate, stay safe and stay healthy this Diwali.
1. Sweets are hard to resist and during Diwali, when there is plenty of colorful sweets everywhere, it becomes even harder to resist. Remember the fact that Indians are genetically prone to diabetes and so it is always advisable to keep the intake of sugar and starch minimal.
2. Stay away from sweets that use
chemical preservatives , because the intake of such preservatives can cause damage to our kidneys and liver . It can also cause asthma attacks and cancer.
3. Avoid sweets that have ‘silver’ coating . Such foils are often
adulterated by aluminum and aluminum being a hazardous metal can accumulate in our body tissues and can also enter the brain.
4. In times of increasing air and noise pollution that we are witnessing today, it is important that we be responsible while using firecrackers. It is good to buy as little firecrackers as possible, because that can help us spend less and can also stop us from polluting our environment.
5. While using firecrackers we are definitely faced with the risk of burn injuries and so a few precautions are necessary. Always wear slippers during your fun time with firecrackers and never try to do anything to a firecracker apart from lighting it from a safe distance. Kids should be allowed to burn firecrackers only under adult supervision.
6. Do not light firecrackers in crowded areas or on the roadsides, because that might prove to be dangerous for bystanders and the general public.
7. Wear earplugs while exposed to explosive firecrackers. It might sound a bit fancy, but if we ignore it the excessive noise might damage our ears in the long run.
8. It is better to say ‘No’ to alcohol, as any excess is easily possible on this day of celebration. You can avoid a hangover and also the risk of driving while intoxicated if you must drive your car and visit your friends and family.
9. Diwali is a festival that brings a lot of gifts to people, so use the occasion to choose sensible gifts for family and friends. Try gifting fruits or low calorie sweets and snacks instead of ghee-laden sweets.
10. Diwali is also the festival of joy so
make it special especially if there has been any unpleasantness with your family or friends in your past. Shed all your inhibitions and misgivings and make a fresh start. Wish them a ‘Happy Diwali’ and embrace them in joy.
Make your Diwali special for yourself, your family and your friends.
Both my armpit has swelling and discharge. Which arm gets the swelling, there is a immense pain the arm. Then it dries up. And then again after sometime this issue continues, swelling followed by discharge. With some intervals this recurs. Not able to bear, had undergone surgery. For 4 years it was fine. Now the same issue is recurring. I am 40 years old. Please suggest remedy for this issue.
He is my grand father, he is about 90 years old and he has dibetese and heart disease from many years. He is under treatment. The queston is from 3 to 4 days his feet swelled. What is its cause either it is from disease or ankle sprain.
Sir , I am 21 year old my question is how to shed my body fat and I am also going to job daily 6: 00 am to 8: 00 pm.
Diagnostic tests- Females
We provide testing for fertility by all modalities ranging from reproductive hormones to diagnostic ultrasound to ascertain the cause. It is advisable that we make you undergo these tests before your final treatment/ plan of management is started.
- Blood tests – These include a whole array of blood investigation ranging from CBC , Urine routine microscopy, RBS, TSH, PROLACTIN, VDRL, HIV, HBSAG, HCV, AMH. And any other test depending on the history of the couple.
- Transvaginal ultrasound- A complete ultrasound of the uterus an adenexa is done to diagnose any anatomical disorder.
- Specific tests – In cases of recurrent implantation failure and recurrent pregnancy loss or if required other tests are also advised.
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy – For many, this test is an important part of a fertility evaluation .Laparoscopy takes place under general anaesthesia with small incisions made at or just below the navel and the pubic hairline. A laparoscope (a small-diameter telescope) is passed through the incision, which enables one to view the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and pelvic cavity for abnormalities. We can check that the tubes are open (tubal patency) by injecting dye through the uterus and observing it spill or not through the ends of the fallopian tubes.
Hysteroscopy uses another small-diameter telescope called a hysteroscope. This enables to assess the uterine cavity for abnormalities such as polyps, adhesions or fibroids.