Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Joydeep BasuYour feedback matters!
My age is 19 I have a dates problem can I involve in sex by using the condoms. By do this sex I can have a any problem please give me the solution to do sex or not.
I newly join a gym. I do thigh exercise 1st time .i have a pain in my thigh but on same night I do sex. Now my does go. Is it harmful? Or how to cure?
I am working women. I am working as assistant professor. My job timing is 10: 00 am - 5: 30 pm. I have 16 month old baby. I feel always fatigueness. What can I do so I become more energetic everyday. My age is 31 year.
My last period was September 27th and regular period of 28 days. Its my 29th day. Still I didn't get my periods. I have pain on my lower abdomen and also around my naval. Am I pregnant or any issues?
Dear sir, My question is if pregnant lady can't eat properly because she always get vomit sence what we do can you please tell me the answer sir.
My belly is not loose after my pregnancy. My delivery was 10th april 2016, what can I do now, please help.
Deciding to have sex can be a big step for many in a relationship. It can be scary, nerve-wracking and at the same time enjoyable. Practicing safe sex ensures that you will be able to enjoy it more with your partner, being confident that you are protecting your body and health, and exploring your sexuality with a partner you trust. Here are 3 ways of having safe sex:
1. Staying safe against STDs - Visit a doctor regularly to get screened for HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases or infections. Go for the check up with your partner before entering a new relationship to be on the safe side, and also, if you feel nervous. If your partner is not willing to practice safe sex, its best to try and counsel him/her on the importance of protection. Get vaccinated against HPV and HBV to reduce the risk of getting a STD.
2. Use latex condom - Use a latex condom while you have sex of any kind, including vaginal, anal or oral sex. Latex condoms are easy to use, efficient, cheap and widely available at all locations. Consistently and correctly using latex condoms during sex can reduce the risk of STD and pregnancy up to 99%. If your skin is allergic to latex condom you can use polyurethane condoms, which offer protection against STIs. Natural condoms are reliable against pregnancy but the material is not fine enough to ensure protection against STDs, making them less reliable for that purpose.
3. Consider using hormonal birth control - The hormonal contraception method regulates a woman's fertility cycle to prevent pregnancy. The most common type of hormonal birth control is referred to as 'pill' and is taken orally every day. If taken consistently and correctly, a pill is 99% effective when it comes to protection against unwanted pregnancies.
Hormonal patches and implants can also last for several weeks and are equally effective. Injections of estrogen and progestin can also be used. Vaginal hormone rings can also be worn during the month and removed during menstruation, offering 99% reliability.
Related Tip: 6 Special Sex Tips for Diabetics
• Accept there is a no exchange-no return policy where your body is concerned! You have only one body – so make the most of it.
• Start with the top of your head and list the things about your body that you like – your hairs, eyes, shape of your nose, skin, ears, length of legs, ankles, shape of your fingers, etc.
• Look at ways of enhancing your best features and dressings to suit your body and size.
• List the things about your body that you would like to improve.
• Now list those improvements that are within your own control and require the intervention of a reasonable diet, or some lifestyle changes.
• Start making those changes and celebrate each step towards improving your body images.
My usg report impression is GRAVID UTERUS containing GESTATIONAL SAC WITHOUT ANY FETAL POLE INSIDE OF APP. 9 WEEKS 1 DAY WITH HISTORY OF? POLYCYSTIC ovarian DISEASE. KINDLY ADVICE ME WHAT IS THE position OF MY pregnancy?
I am 18 years old and I am releasing squirt unnecessarily without any intimation or without any feeling. Could you tell me is this natural or is this a problem? Why girls squirt unnecessarily?
Chances are you make plenty of resolutions each year, but don’t stick to them for various reasons including that some of them are unrealistic or not in your capacity that year: resolutions are easily made and with good intentions too but not easily kept. This time around, why not make some healthy resolutions you can not only actually stick to, but that will also transform your life for the better? Choose what is suitable, but when you do, stick to it like your life depends on it: today that is not an understatement but a fact of life. Good health is equal to a good life. Here are a few gems towards that goal:
1. Include more healthy foods into your daily diet
How often do you find yourself munching on junk food compulsively, just because you are hungry? You may be fully aware of the fact that this affects your health adversely, but still are unable to change your habit. This new year, be strict with yourself and choose healthier options. Abstain from fast foods and have more home cooked meals containing colorful vegetables: the more colorful the better. Replace chips with fruits for snack time.
2. Increase your amount of water intake
Drinking about 8–10 glasses of water every day is necessary to cleanse and detoxify your body, but do you actually drink that much honestly? With the onset of the New Year, make it a habit to drink water instead of quenching your thirst with soda or any other artificially sweetened beverages. If you don’t like having water every time, you may opt for freshly squeezed fruit juices or healthy tender coconut water as well. When we want to wash our bodies externally, we take a bath. To bathe the body from the inside, we need to flush out our system drinking lots of water, everyday.
3. Ensure that your body gets some physical activity daily
You may have set unrealistic workout targets for yourself in the previous years, but this year set more achievable targets. Design a routine for yourself, which consists of some fun and easy physical activities like swimming, dancing, jogging or simply climbing the stairs instead of taking a lift, apart from joining the gym, which can be tedious for some. Do these simple things daily and watch the positive turn your health takes.
4. Stay away from multitasking - at least while eating
If you check your Smartphone while eating, make a resolution this year to never do it again. Abstain from multitasking at least while you are sitting with your family at the dining table. Studies suggest that people who observe their surroundings while eating rather than concentrating on their phone, tend to choose healthier food options and do not overfeed themselves. And people who are present with the food while eating are able to appreciate what they eat and eat just short of being full!
5. Pick up a new hobby
Your health depends on both your mental and physical well-being. So, it’s essential to ensure that you have a peaceful mind besides a fit body. This new year choose a hobby that makes you feel happy, fulfilling, productive, interesting, and fills up your leisure time. It can be anything like reading, singing, photography, blogging or travelling as long as it helps you de-stress. Too much of television wastes the mind by bombarding it with predigested mental foods that do not provoke it to think.
6. Express your feelings
Every feeling, without exception, must be expressed. Unexpressed feelings pick the most vulnerable organ and express themselves in that organ to either lead to malfunctioning or total dysfunction, resulting in your having to finally have the organ surgically removed! When emotions are vented out in appropriate ways, you will feel healthy and stress-free. In fact stress is nothing but the effect of bottled up emotions.
7. Relax, relax, relax
The paradox in life is that the easiest thing to do is to relax. We become tense for little or no reason and create a huge burden on our health. Meditation and deep breathing are the best aids to calm ourselves, and to be at harmony with our inner selves. And a strong connection with this health facet is to have a good night’s sleep and wake up by 6 AM irrespective of whatever time you go to sleep. Retiring to bed should ideally be at around 10.30 pm every night.
Besides considering all these resolutions, make up your mind to stay optimistic this coming year and distance yourself from all types of negativities. This will not only lead you towards happier times, but will also keep you in great health throughout the year.
Remember that in the past diseases chose people, today we chose our disease. The choice is really ours: chose good living over misery and suffering.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
One of the most common scenarios that most people are faced with is a constant feeling of tiredness and lethargy even after you have had a full night’s sleep. The questions popping in your mind right about now is, why is this happening? Why does the lethargic feeling fail to leave you even after you had a proper 8 hours sleep? Why is your sleep getting into the way of your professional productivity? Though there are a number of different explanations to this constant feeling of cloudiness throughout the day, hence, experts in the field have listed down some of the factors that prove to be the major causes behind this condition.
Some of these most common and powerful reasons are listed below.
- Thyroid: The moment your thyroid levels start soaring, you will automatically find it difficult to keep up with the pace that your day to day life demands. The thyroid gland, which is placed right in front of the throat, is the size of the knot on your tie. This gland produces a hormone. When the activity of the thyroid gland, it starts secreting more and more of the hormones, leading to a condition termed as hyperthyroidism. The same gland when underperforms, it starts holding back the hormone secretion, leading to a condition called hypothyroidism. In both the cases the metabolism of the body slows down, leading to an increased level of tiredness even after proper sleep.
- Anaemia: Another leading cause of that nagging feeling of sleepiness and draining energy is Anaemia. Anaemia causes a certain amount of fatigue in an individual. The main cause influencing this situation is the lack of presence of enough red blood cells. The main function of these red blood cells is to transfer oxygen constantly from the long to the cells and tissues. A break in this process leads to you feeling weak and also short of breath.
- Diabetes: Diabetes poses a serious threat to the all over functioning of your body. It is termed as the slow killer and constantly works towards undermining the level of energy a normal individual can hold. This adversely affects your day to day life, including your performance at work and also performing your daily chores at home. The glucose in your body serves as a fuel for your daily activities. Since patients with type 2 diabetes cannot use this rising glucose in their blood properly, they end up being more tired than they ought to be.
Other conditions that lead to the same draining feeling and constant tiredness even after lot of sleep are depression, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue, sleep apnea, sleep inertia, periodic limb movement disorder, constant exposure to computer screens, tv screen, monitors, etc. There are a whole bag of other factors that lead to the constant feeling of tiredness that you are feeling. Before the end of the day, you are drained, your productivity drops and you cannot wait to hit the bed, and the same is the condition when you get out of bed. Consulting a general physician will not only help you put a finger on the cause, but also cure it with proper treatment.