Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Joydeep BanerjeeYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 17 year old and observed that both the foot near ankle area heavy swelling especially more in the months April and may. Kindly advice necessary diagnostic tests and remedy with details.
I have pain in the hand fingers, feet, both knees & shoulders. Dr. Said I have Seronegative Arthritis. Which treatment - Ayurvedic or Homeopathy or Allopathy will give permanent cure without any side effects. Please advise.
My leg pains a lot many times due to weakness may be. Please suggest a solution which can be done at home.
My mother, 52 year old working lady, is experiencing body pain specially in left hand near elbow. Doctors say its case of tennis elbow, but because she is also a patient of bp, I am not sure. Please tell me if is it dangerous for her?
Since a week, whenever I wake up at morning, or even after I wake up from sleep during day time, I find that my left and becomes little numb and then the area from my fingers to the heart seems to b pumping little blood and uneasy kind of feeling .heart beat seems to b connected with the left hand's movement .i fear of heart attack that too from nowhere. Pls help.
I am having arthritis for the past 4 years. There is a slight joint space diminish on the medial side. I do exercise very regularly. But I am noticing that I get swelling on the back of the right knee which is causing problem. This happens on prolong sitting and diminish on walking. Please advice how to cure this symptom.
The human hand has multiple bones, tendons, ligaments and muscles which in unison help us to grip things and manipulate other objects to do our work. Within the wrist lies a narrow passageway on the palm side which houses the main nerve for movement of the nine tendons. These tendons help us to move our fingers individually and grip things or accomplish any task we want with our hands.
What is carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where this nerve gets pinched due to a variety of factors and may have adverse effects. Some of the symptoms include tingling, numbness and pain with movements of the arm.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
The nerve within the wrist which is known as the median nerve can be pinched due to a variety of factors:
- Movements where the wrists are always higher and in an angle: Repetitive movements of the wrists where the hands are always at a lower angle, can increase the chances of carpal tunnel syndrome. This is usually a workplace related problem and thus be caused by bad hand posture.
- Medical Conditions: There are certain medical conditions that may also trigger the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome such as diabetes, thyroid, menopause and other problems.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy has also known to cause carpal tunnel disorder as it can alter the balance of fluids within your body. However, other factors could also put your fluids in imbalance and cause problems with the median nerve.
- Conditions that may cause inflammation: Certain conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis can cause the inflammation within the joints which might lead to the median nerve being pinched which in turn might lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Some Preventive Measures from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Breaks from repetitive work: It is important for your wrists to have a break when you are doing repetitive tasks that might cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Relax and stretch your muscles within the break time
- Wear wrist splints: These are support devices which can help correct problems for repetitive actions throughout the day while you are sleeping.
- Take pain reliever if you start having chronic pains: If your wrist pain is not letting you functions normally, take a pain reliever such as ibuprofen or aspirin and go to a doctor as soon as possible for a more thorough treatment.