Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jhuma BhaumikYour feedback matters!
I am 29 male & my wife 25, we try to get baby, we try to 4 to 5 times, but failed. Can you give me the solution please.
If we try to think about the most consumed drink in the world, then tea will come second to none but water. Interestingly, all types of tea, be it green or black, comes from the same plant i.e. Camellia sinensis. The difference only lies in processing and oxidation that makes the difference.
Without adding anything to it, tea or it’s leaves contain hardly any calories, fat, sodium, carbonation or sugar. Tea contains antioxidants and is known to have many health benefits, including reducing the incidence of diabetes.
Which Is Healthier Diet Drink?
GREEN TEA -Green tea leaves do not undergo fermentation and hence, don’t go through the oxidation process which black tea undergoes. This retains an extremely rich amount of EGCG (epigallactocatechin gallate), a popular antioxidant known for fighting heart disease, strokes, cancer and more.
BLACK TEA -The EGCG in black tea is destroyed during the fermentation process which makes it low in this powerful anti-oxidation.
We have unprotected sex 5 days before for pregnancy. Now my wife is saying that she has some pain in vagina. She is having vaginal discharge also. Are these symptoms of pregnancy?
Last month I took unwanted 72 pill after 10-20 mins of unprotected sex, he didn't ejaculate. But I wanted to be sure, the next two days, I took ipill again I was stressed out. Then my period was 5 days early. On 15th November, usually I get at 21st every month. Now it's 17th December, I still don't get my period. I'm scared. Is my period gonna go back to date 21th again? And my belly fats is increasing a bit, sometimes hard sometimes soft. Is this because of lack of sleep and inactivity and eating too much junks? Because I heard it's possible to gain belly weight if we are doing those. Anyway, my belly button area is sometimes hard after meal. I can't be pregnant in this situation. Please give me answer I think I'm going crazy. Im so scared. Please help me.
Hi Mam I am first time pregnant of 25 weeks. I am feeling weakness and I have RH factor my blood group is A negative - and my haemoglobin level is 9%. And I feel pain in my vagina. Please help me by suggest. And one thing more can I do intercourse.
What should to be procedure cost, consultation and material cost for Copper T excellent quality umbrella end TIA.
Hi, My daughter who is almost 11 years old has small bulge (swelling like a hump) in breast which when she touches feels hard but no pain, the other breast is normal. It's not paining her. If she presses breast feel little pain. I am afraid of what it would be. Please suggest me what to do.
Hi Dr. I am 43 years with one child one year before I got heavy bleeding nonstop at leat for one month which is not stop by traxilate then Dr. advice me to take 6 month overall l course bleeding stop Then two month I discontinue and I was OK abt two months next two month I was delayed by 20 days thickness wad 11 mm Dr. give me meprate and one month course again. Next month again delayed by 20 days I done lsh fsh tsh which was normal so Dr. advice me do to dnc. Then I go to another Dr. she listen the whole story and advice me to do amh which show results 0.46.then should told me y you in menopause I am still confused which Dr. is right pls explain.
I am having unsafe sex with my girlfriend while she is in periods. By mistake I ejaculated inside is there any chances of pregnancy. Or what I have to do for avoiding that pregnancy.
Vaginal yeast infection occurs when too many yeast cells grow in the vagina, causing inflammation. It can spread by sexual contact but is not considered as a sexually transmitted infection. A yeast infection results in soreness or itching in the vagina with a burning sensation while urinating.
Causes of yeast infections in the vagina:
The vagina contains a balanced mix of yeast and bacteria; but if the balance is disrupted, it can lead to yeast infection. The reasons for overgrowth of yeast infections are:
- If antibiotics are used more than usual, they can decrease the level of lactobacillus bacteria present in the vagina, changing the pH of vagina
- Having high estrogen levels during pregnancy by using high dose birth control pills and hormone therapy can lead to the overgrowth of yeasts.
- Having diabetes, especially when the blood sugar level is not checked and tends to be high
- Having a weak or impaired immune system
- Being overweight and having poor eating habits, including foods high in sugar level
Risk factors associated with the condition:
A number of factors can increase your risk of getting a vaginal yeast infection.
- Using antibiotics heightens your risk of developing vaginal yeast infection as it disrupts the balance between yeast and bacteria. Excessive intake of antibiotics can kill healthy bacteria, leading to overgrowth of yeast organisms.
- Having a weak immune system with conditions such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV can lead to an overgrowth of yeast in the vagina. Corticosteroid medicines also weaken the immune system.
- Wearing pants that are tight-fitting, nonabsorbent and undergarments that trap warmth and moisture
- Having high estrogen levels due to an imbalance of hormone levels during pregnancy or menstrual cycle can also lead to vaginal yeast infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Sirs/madams. Good evening. My wife is 40 yrs. She has been using depressive tablets for two yrs. Right now using Bupran sr 150 at morning mirtaz 7.5 at nights. Her period are almost regular. But this time for two months no period found? What will do now? Please tell us?
Is it ok to sleep after lunch in the afternoon for 1-2 hrs. Will I put on weight if I take a 1-2 hrs nap in the afternoon?
Sir, I am a 30 year old married 6 months ago. We are trying for a child for last 3 months and couldn't succeeded. Kindly give me solution n advice please.
Mine gf suffer from white liquid comes out frm vagina on her periods date but still now it has been note came wht I should (v hd nt dne anything tht effect it)
I just had some queries on my mind about sex. Actually I have had sex with my boyfriend for over ten times in our 11 months relationship and everytime we had it I had I pill as a contraceptive. I just want to know if its safe to use I pill once a month? and now if not having sex for a year will cause any health issue?
Endometriosis is a common gynecological disorder where the tissue lining of the uterus grows outside the uterine cavity. Endometriosis is caused most commonly by menstrual blood flowing back in the Fallopian tubes, instead of leaving the body. This endometrial tissue may then leak into the abdomen through a surgical scar or cut in the uterine lining, leading to endometriosis.
Here are five things you should know about this condition:
It is hard to diagnose
The first roadblock to diagnosing endometriosis is that though it is a very common condition, there is a lack of knowledge about it. The classic symptoms include heavy periods, painful bowel movements and urination, depression, fatigue and pain all over the body. The only way to correctly diagnose endometriosis is through a laparoscopy or keyhole surgery.
Endometriosis is not equal to infertility
One of the myths surrounding endometriosis is that it causes infertility, however, this is not true. When treated properly, endometriosis does not affect your fertility, and it is still safe for you to have children. At the same time,you should also know that being pregnant does not cure the condition.
It can reduce your sex drive
One of the symptoms of endometriosis is chronic pain all over the body. This, coupled with fatigue and depression can reduce your sex drive drastically. Additionally, the act of intercourse itself also becomes painful for women suffering from endometriosis. This pain can be managed with the use of pain relievers, or by experimenting with positions, which is most comfortable for you.
Some women have a higher risk of endometriosis
The exact cause that triggers the endometriosis is still unknown. However, certain factors are said to raise the risk of endometriosis, such as:
1, Genetics: Endometriosis may be passed genetically from generation to generation.
2. Pelvic infections: Scarring of the uterine walls via infections or surgeries can give the menstrual blood that falls back to the Fallopian tubes a way out of the uterine cavity, and hence, lead to endometriosis.
3. Short Menstrual cycles: Women with menstrual cycles that are shorter than 27 days, or those who have periods that last longer than 7 days are more susceptible to endometriosis than others. However, myths that suggest delaying pregnancy as one of the causes of endometriosis are false.
There is no known cure
The treatment for endometriosis addresses its various symptoms as there is no known cure for the disease itself. Even a hysterectomy will not cure this disease unless it includes the removal of your ovaries as well. Over the counter pain medication may help deal with the muscle aches, while hormonal treatments that slow down the production of estrogen can help with the painful menses. Light exercises such as walking and swimming can also help deal with the discomfort of endometriosis.
I am a 22 year old guy. Last month my girlfriend is pregnant but we dont want a baby yet. Give me solution.
- Wear light-weight, loose-fitting cotton clothes.
- Exercise outdoors during the coolest parts of the day.
- Try to keep your skin cool by cool showers.
- Keep skin as dry as possible, remove all traces of perspiration, especially from the folds of the skin
- Avoid heavy creams or ointments that might block sweat ducts
- Avoid harsh soaps during the hot season.
- Wear loose clothing while sleeping and ensure your bedroom is well-ventilated.