Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayoti Nandi
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jayoti NandiYour feedback matters!
If I have to say anything about Jayati Nandi perhaps I will write write and write as I will not finish my words to express!but yet I have to say few things as I have come to this format .Dr.Jayati Nandi is the best doctor In kolkata,India perhaps in the whole world !!More than she is a great doctor she is a great human being , a great personality, a great person and a charitable person !!One should visit her for any shot of dermatological problems
I am 20 years old nd vegetarian experiencing hair fall but it's not there for any in my family. Can you suggest me tips how to stop hairfall.
I am nishitha. 22 years. Am suffering with black patches on my forehead since 5 days. Today it appeared on my left arm also the same black patch. Actually I was dieting past months to loose weight so I did not care about proper diet I reduced food completely. Please give me a solution.
Hello Doctor, I am 22yr old male and having huge hairfall since last 2 months. What should I do? Please suggest any medicine which can control this.
I have grey scars on my forehead which seem dirty when seen in sunlight although there is no problem of itching. What should I do? Please help me.
How get away pores in face? Is cosmetic surgery is best? I have pores in my right and left side of my face. So how to ride away that.
Hi I'm 28 male and I'm 98 kg the problem is I don't have a proper beard and mustache for my age I got a beard and mustache that grown un properly so it's make me feel complex in front of others with my age. So can you please suggest something for me please.
I am 25 years old. I have non uniform skin colour on my face. Somewhere complexion is dark brown somewhere a bit light. Below neck very fair. Above neck a bit darker as compared to lower body. I don't know. What is the problem?
Which shampoo or soap should I use on daily basis. So it can stop itching and dandruff of my scalp. I have tried many shampoo including antifungal. But it make my hair thin. please any suggestions.
Hairfall is a condition, which is also known as Alopecia and is known to include the aspect of thinning of hair as well. Genetics and hormones play a vital role in hairfall in both women and men. Few other factors are also responsible for hairfall. The hair growth consists of 3 phases.
- The anagen phase-active phase in hair growth. This phase lasts for 2-7 yrs.
- The second phase - catagen phase. This phase immediately follows the anagen phase. It lasts for around 10- 14 days and the hair stops getting blood supply and this leads the hair to become dead.
- The last phase is telogen phase. It is a resting phase.
The entire cycle is repeated after the last stage and it continues. Every single hair undergoes this process.
Causes/ factors to hair loss
- Genetic factors
- Skin diseases such as fungal infection, seborrhea (dandruff), tinea capitis ,eczema of scalp and lichen planus etc.
- Nutritional deficiencies like iron (leading to anemia) and protein
- Hormonal changes after childbirth, during menopause
- Drug in treating high blood pressure, cancer, joint pains or depression. Hair loss due to chemotherapy in a cancer patient is called as Anagen effluvium
- General diseases like Tuberculosis, diabetes mellitus, AIDS, Hypothyroidism
- Auto-immune hair loss
- Hairstyles and frequent usage of hair straighteners and hair colors
- Recovery from erysipelas and typhoid leads to diffuse hair loss
- Physical trauma or injury to head
- Emotional trauma - loss of a family member / close friend
- Trichotillomania, -a mental disorder of the affected person voluntarily pulls out his / her scalp hair
The treatment for the disease could be based on the cause of the disease. Understanding the cause and treating it accordingly will increase the effectiveness of the medicine.
- Psorinum is the medicine useful to treat the hair fall that is caused due to skin diseases in scalp.
- Mezereum is also another medicine that is good in treating hair fall due to dandruff and other skin disease.
- Mercurius Solubilis is another homeopathic medicine that plays a wonderful role in treating the hair loss due to eruptions on scalp.
- Kali sulphuricum and Thuja occidentalis are best medicines to treat hair fall due to dandruff exclusively.
- Pulsatilla pratensis, Natrum muriaticum, Pulsatilla pratensis and Sepia officinalis are medicines used to control hair fall in women after childbirth.
- Cinchona officinalis , Calcarea phosphorica and Borax are medicines that helps in treating hair fall problem for anemic patients.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!