Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jaydip Deb
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jaydip DebYour feedback matters!
It was neat and clean. The doctor was very friendly and listen concerns with due Diligence.
Rarely when I spit in morning, sometimes there ll be little blood with the phlegm, what may be the reason? By the way I have been smoking for 4 years.
Sir I am suffering from one year my stomach acidity after body pain up to chest. and breathing problems.
I am a 62 year old male, have a past six month suffering from asthma, I have use Duolin Respule daily three time continues one month. Can a side effect or problems?
I do not have tonsils but since last 4 - 5 days its like someone is pinching in my throat. At very particular left side of my neck. What it can be?
I am 34 years old male, cold turkey since march16. Since then shortness of breath and on and off chest pain primarily left side. Regular runner and workout 5 days a week. Had 4 times ECG, EKG, stress treadmill test, Lungs test, XRay all normal. I still have shortness of breath in milder form, chest pain that is on and off and lot of gas. In evenings I feel bloated and get belching as well. Not sure what I am going through.
Please suggest me. I have cough. Throat pain. Eyes are wet. I am felling like I do not have energy in body. Please guide. Thanks.
Ma husband s recently diagnosed to have pulmonary TB. He is 30 yrs. He s on AKT4 since 10 days. His weight was 65 kg 10 days back now he is 64 kg and he is feeling of losing weight. Anything serious consideration to be done or losing weight during ATT is nothing serious?
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.