Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jaydip DebYour feedback matters!
I have sinus problem and my nose is block n cough fill in nose And partial head is paining What home treatment should I do now to get relief?
I'm having the throat ache and having a dry cough and cough wen starts it goes till 5 - 10 mins and I feel the rough Ness in the throat .And not able to swallow water or food please help me.
Hello I'm a male 21, I have this coughing problem for almost 6 months now, there is no sputum at all but I also have this nasal block in every morning with which comes a lot of nasal secretions. It also affects my eyes as they get watery and I can't open them well. I did my CBC and chest x-ray but everything is normal. Please advice me something.
Hello sir, I'm having sinus since past 19 yes and above none of the medicines work put for me. How it cause and how to get rid of it please help me.
I have cough. I have done x-rays and other tests. Everything is normal, still the cough is constant. What must be the problem? Any solution for this?
She can't breath easily its very difficult to take breath easily she is suffering from her childhood so please give me. The answer what to do?
There is a sudden felling of uneasiness in my mothers chest.She feels as if her heart has started jumping.This usually happens when she thinks on some serious matters.She has already undergone angiography but there was no problem found in her heart.
Hi I am saurav my sister is having high fever from five days. She also has body pain. She is having difficulty in breathing also. I want to know that what is this.
I am having tb from last 10 month. But now my tb course is about to finish. I am having tb in chest. My all reports are normal from past 8 month but still I am taking medicine for 12 month. Now recently for few days I am having cough. Earlier I thought its seasonal but now from few days I am having cough with sputum. Sputum I call cold mein joh nose niklta hai vo aa aa rha hai Din mein do teen baar jab tez khansi ho. Cough bhi mein khus krta hu as throat mein irritation si hoti hai like koi tingling kr rha ho. I do all test chest xray, sinus test but all are clear. Now I am very much tensed is this is due to tb. I am facing all sputum or irritation. As I took many anti allergic medicine but nothing work Please tell.
I am 22 year old male. I have a problem of cough since last 20 years. Please suggest me. Because of these I have facing problem when I talking. Before talking I just give thrust to my throat. Then after that my voice comes out.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have chest pain and head pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what I had done?
Hello Doctor, I have a problem since many days. But I didn't tell this to anyone because I was not experiencing it much. But now it's too much for me. I feel very difficult to breath at night. It's like. I dnt know hw to explain it. U know, I feel like whatever I inhale is not sufficient. Something like whatever I inhale is not upto mark. Something like Dat. I feel like taking more breath in. And when I do it. Der is a weird sharp sound from my throat when ever I breath. I get cough too sometimes. When I was in my native I didn't suffer from dis. It's hot Der. But wen I came to bangalore it started. It's cold here. It happens specially at night for me. Let me tell you anything. My father had Asthma before. Nw he s fine. Did I get Asthma too. Am so scared. By coughing a lot my chest pains. What to do if it's asthma. Doctor I don't want to be dependent on anyone. Neither on asthma pump nor on anyone. please help me to get rid of dis wheezing sound and breathing problem.
Hi I am avinash poddar aged 38 years from Kolkata (India). My father had a heart attack 20 years back. For past couple of months I am suffering from breathlessness and throat chocking effect on physical exertion. Recently I had undergone a TMT test which is positive. Attaching my reports along. I consulted few doctors they are suggesting to go for Angioplasty why I am not in favor of. Request you to guide me future course of action.
I am having cold and cough from past 2-3 days. Also my ear has been blocked due to the cold weather and also I am facing problems like throat pain and dry throat. Suggest some ways to unblock my ear nd also to get relief from cough nd cold.
You must not let the cold and dry air worsen your asthma symptoms. The air that blows during winter time greatly affects people with sinus and respiratory troubles, and all these factors contribute towards worsening asthma attacks. But thankfully, there are a few tips that can be followed to curb down asthma and enjoy a lovely winter.
- Washing your hands: Doing this frequently with soap and water is one of the easiest and most effective ways of avoiding the spread of cold and other diseases. You must also inculcate this habit among your children, and when you are outside, you should practice using a hand sanitiser and sanitising wipes.
- Getting a flu shot: The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advises that all people over the age of 6 months should get their dose of the annual flu shot for protecting themselves against the flu virus. This will help keep your asthma in check.
- Avoid sitting by the fireplace: Though it sounds cozy, you should refrain from sitting by the fireside if you have asthma. Burning wood is quite similar to burning tobacco and it can irritate your lungs to a great extent.
- Keeping your mouth closed: Though most people are taught this since they were children, they tend to forget it or ignore it. Keeping the mouth opened is more than a social disgrace, and it even affects your lungs adversely. You can wear a scarf for covering up the nose and mouth as it would help in making the air you breathe warm.
- Replacing filters: The heating system of your home may be blowing out dust and debris throughout the house, particularly when you operate it after a long time in winter. Therefore, it is imperative to clean and check the condition of the filters and replace it if necessary.
- Exercising indoors: The days when it is bitterly cold outside, it is recommended to exercise indoors in a fitness club or a gym instead of a doing it in the open air.
- Warming up before exercising: People who are affected with asthma are able to recover faster and have a greater lung function after working out when they are warmed up. Therefore, you should try to warm up for at least 15 minutes before exercising.
- Preventing asthma flares: Before you head outside, take a dose of your asthma medication and your inhaler as these will help in opening the airways and give you the necessary protection.
- Having an asthma action plan: Regardless of whether it is summer or winter, you should be aware of what you should be doing in times when the symptoms flare-up.
- Taking your medications: Finally, you should work with your doctor towards understanding the cause and symptoms of your asthma conditions and follow his recommendations closely to avoid recurrence of such problems.
With all these tips, you can expect to spend a happy winter. But if anything goes wrong, seek medical assistance immediately.