Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jaydeb Roy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jaydeb RoyYour feedback matters!
My baby suffering from chest infection. I.e pneumonia. Antibiotics have been given by doctors. I jus wan to knw in hw many days my newborn will be cure. Completely.
Hello doctor, I am 33 weeks pregnant. Doctor says my baby size is small than normal. Taken nutritious diet and im in rest completely. Please suggest how will I increase my baby weight within last 2 month.
Sir mere baby 2 months ka h. Usko gas ki prob h gas pass nhi ho rhi h. Hmesha pet mai pressure sa lage rhta h. To sir koi medicine bata dijiye please Dr. Ne superpas medication bhi di h but jyada sharad nhi pad rha h usse. Bootle se feed kar rha h Buffalo milk. Aur dexolac special care formula milk bhi le rha h.
My son has HB 6.2%g. Doctor has advised me to drip 100 ml blood in him. Is it Ok to do so? He is 8 months old. Please advise.
- Hypospadias is a congenital anamoly in which uretheral opening is under penis rather than on tip
- Dont circumcise your kid before hypospadias surgery.
My baby's fetal hemoglobin is 72% is it normal range of a 12 months old and any risk of thalassemia disease?
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.