Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayanta Malakar
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Jayanta MalakarYour feedback matters!
Mere shoulder joint, or hand joint me pain hota h ,15_20 din pahle muje chikenguniyaa huaa thaaa, to ab me kyaa karu left shoulder me to bahut h.
My father having knee problem. We consulted the orthopedic doctor. He suggested should be replace knees. We are OK with that but we have a doubt his age around 62 if we go for knee replacement it will use for future or not. Please let me know. We have seen few after knee replacement still there are suffering and unable to walk also. Kindly let us know for knee replacement.
I am 19 year old boy. I use to play basketball regularly from past 2 weeks m having pain in my both knees, as also suffered from calf muscle cramp during past weeks. So help to overcome this problem.
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica.
I got a back injury on 6.4. 2016. I have been diagnosed with D12 vertebra compression fracture thru X RAY CT SCAN AND MRI. Doctor advised me to take bed rest for three weeks. Again on 30.04. 2016, Due to pain, doctor advised me to take another 3 weeks bed rest. Since there is pain in the area and surrounded adjoining area. Another Doctor has suggested me with physiotherapy for 2-3 weeks. Fanatic simulation at back. I have started today. Please guide me on further course of action.
I have back pain and also I have headhack in nights please give me the suggestion please and iam not well all the times.
I have one problem that my legs are getting pain while I was riding the cycle what is the main problem that?
I am suffering from lower back pain from the past 15-20 days. I can walk sit do all works but the pain is consistent. Also some times left part of the back starts paining so I sleep the right side, then right part starts paining. I feel the pain is not going because I not taking complete bed rest as suggested.
It is advised to remain mobile within your comfortable limits even in acute pains.