Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Jayanta BasuYour feedback matters!
Am feeling alone in my home, am not interact with my parents. Now days my parents got some proposals for marriage. But I will not marry anyone, now days am so depressed when am wearing a new dress or smthng if that day proposal came I will not wear those dress again. I thinks if I wear that dress same thing will happen again. Can you help me?
My daughter is 4 years old she doesn' t talk and she is mentally challenged she doesn' t walk properly I have already consult with so many doctors since last two years but there is no improvement in her condition what should I do ?
I am suffering from acute anxiety, hypertension and stress. Due to which frequently I suffer from stomach upset, sometimes boils appear in my tongue and white deposits over my tongue. Sometime it is accompanied with neck pain as well. Pls suggest me a remedy to relieve myself from stress and over anxiety.
I am 30 years old. My son is 8 years old. He behaves very aggressively even with the elders of house. I am worried because of his disrespectful nature, disobedience and foul language. Even when he is happy he finds a reason to be sad. Also does not want to study, always starts crying. His father completes his all demands but he has no value of it. I am afraid to take him along to somebody's place because he might behave rudely. please help me understand the cause for his behaviour. His grandparents also live with us. When he is in aggression he is not aware of what he is speaking.
I am feeling scared of sleeping alone because I feel that because of yesterday I told Bloody Mary in front of the mirror 3 times ?Please suggest any solutions to sleep without fear.
Sir, memory is related to understanding. Understanding better =stay in memory for longer. But my problem is that I take time to understand it better n i'm not good in memorising either. Sir I am slow in analysing and make myself confused which I takes time to understand to clear confusion. The correct word to describe my problem is perplex. Help.
Sir I'm 25 years old. I'm love failure. Im very stressed and even shivering of my hands and body. So what to do.
I have early simtums of depression. I feel insecurity and every time ready to weep almost. Any little emotional scene or even song, it's hard to stop my tears. I think this is happening for over a year to me. I am a self employed OK business man/bread earner. Is there anyone who can guide me to fight this. My Life is at stake and fell helpless
I have excessive yawning, fatigue, anxiety, weight loss, headache from past 1 year. Done CBC, blood glucose, liver, chest x-ray, thyroid, Blood Pressure and all is fine. Please help.
I'm 21 year when I was at my place I had regularly sex with my gf but now I'm apart from her it is very difficult to live without sex what should I do?
I am 19 year old and having JUVENILE MYOCLONIC EPILEPSY. I went to a neurologist. I had EEG test and doctor prescribed VALPARIN CHRONO 200 tablets twice a day. And said there will be life long treatment because it can be controlled but can't be cured. Also my any of my family member or relative don't have any neurological issue. I am first to have a disorder like this. Doctor said it might be due to weakness. I am underweight and too weak since childhood.
I am 57 years old, asthmatic, diabetic with psychiatric problems. I am taking ayurvedic treatment for asthma and Theo-asthalin 1-0-1 as a backup. I also use Asthalin inhaler and Budecort inhaler regularly and hence the attacks are under control. For a mild attack I use Albutamol tabs 1-1-1 for three days and I get relief. If there is an acute attack, inhalers do not work. Then I use a nebulizer with Asthalin and Budecort respules and get good relief. If there is an infection, like having fever, then only I rush to a doctor, who will put me on an anti-biotic (azithromycin 500 mg 1-0-1 for 5 days), bronchodilator syrup, a de-constant and paracetamol for fever. At the present moment, I am free from attacks even though the weather in Bangalore is un-predictable. Due to the history of 57 years of asthma, my lungs are not functioning to its full capacity and hence I feel doing breathing exercises a bit tiresome, even though I am on it. During an asthmatic attack, I usually sweat, probably due to the fact that enough oxygen is not supplied to my body. Once, the attacks are controlled, sweating disappears and I will be able to do my day to day duties without any problem. But this malady has certainly made me handicapped and my moments and activities are restricted. Ayurvedic medicines are of great help to me. Coming to my psychiatric problem - I am having Depression, Anxiety and Schizophrenia. For depression cum anxiety I am taking Venlor XR 150 mg 1-0-0, Mirtaz 15 mg 0-0-1 and Clonazepam 0.25 mg 1-0-1. The symptoms are under control. For Schizophrenia I am taking Sizodon plus 0-0-1 and Sizopin 0-0-1. The symptoms are under control. There is a certain relationship between my asthma and my psychiatric illness. I get asthmatic attacks usually when I am disturbed and depressed. This is due to the fact that I lost my mother at an young age and was brought up by my grand father whose death in 1986 meant a trigger for asthma. Once, I took psychiatric treatment in 1987, the attacks became less frequent. Is my asthma psycho-somatic in nature? Please advice. Do the above mentioned anti-psychotic drugs trigger an attack and which of them are habit forming? Please confirm.
SMy question is about the constant unbearable pain in her right hand with the constant pricking of needle (trying to find veing) by the nurse in one of the hospitals.
Feeling stressed out? Don’t reach for the pills just yet; there is a better option out there. Almost all conventional methods of treatment come with side effects, no matter how effective they are. Why not opt for an equally effective method, but without side effects, yes you heard it right! Homeopathy is a method of treatment that is effective and free from side effects.
Here are some homeopathic remedies that can help you de-stress:
1. Be active: Feeling stressed of late? Time to get your running shoes on. Research proves that exercise is one of the best remedies for stress, activities such as running and swimming release ‘endorphins’ in the system, which uplift your mood. So go for an early morning jog or a late evening swim, whatever suits you just make sure that you get some exercise on a regular basis.
2. Diet: Stress can result from an improper diet where the body is not well nourished. The body needs its share of various vitamins and minerals to function optimally. So it is important to eat a well balanced meal and avoid eating junk food. Eating unhealthy food can cause reactions in the body that lead to various diseases.
3. Be connected: Being connected does not mean being connected on social media, rather forming and nurturing ‘people to people’ connections. Talk to people, getting involved in team activities and participating in various sports. Form meaningful relationships with others so that you have someone to listen to you when you feel weary and low. Staying isolated can cause symptoms of stress to aggravate.
4. Start a hobby: If you don’t already have one, spend some time doing things that give you pleasure. It can be something that gives you a sense of accomplishment. Doing such activities will keep your mind active and reduce stress levels.
5. Medications: Apart from the above, homeopathy has medications such as Nux Vomica which is used to reduce anger and impatience. For people who are stressed due to overwork, Kali Phos is an effective remedy. In case of prolonged grief such as the one resulting from a sudden demise in the family, Natrum Mur and Ignatia are advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
My father is now 52 year old. They are in last ten year not working. In 4 to 5 year back they came out of from. Mental treatment. He is a tabaco habit. Ipko. We are three brother sis. Two bro one eldest sis.(married now) I have not underatand how to cure up my fathers mental depresion. At young age he was a very intelligent and about to discover his new research. He builded a factory at early age of 22 but due to lack of families support he is not able to handle that. He was on the way to being multi millionaire I m describing this in detail bcoz. I wants you to get clearlity of real prob. So you can judge more accuretly my father is very much driving butt he is in depression they dont listion to us. About tabaco please help us.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed prefer keeping myself all the time. Please help me.
I m smoking and eating tobacco from last 2 year n I seriously need to leave it bcc it's harmful and I m too young. What should I do that I can leave this idiotic habit.
Namaskar sir mera bahut Kathin samasya hai. Mera bahut depression anxiety tention hoti hai. Meh bar bar man meh ek hi chis k liye bolta reheta hu. Mera jab depression anxiety hoti hai tab sar meh bahut dard hoti hai aur pura sar tightness lagta hai, bahut kuch chis vhul jata hu, Nind thik nahi hoti hai, mera ye sammasya 7 year se hai. Meh Himalaya ka Mentat ek dabai leta hu but ye dabai avi thik se kam nahi karta hai. Sir kuch medicine ap bol dene se meh apka avari rahunga.
Dear sir, I am in a problem my girlfriend broke up the relationship with me and I am like a mad now what is the solution? Please advise.
If someone in your family or your partner is suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder, your mental health is at stake too. You will have to take care of yourself and your emotional needs first. Life can be frustrating for you all the time. But, you need to identify your ‘feel good’ activities and take some time out of your daily life to relax and calm down. Remember, you can succeed in the critical task of appeasing or pleasing your dear one with BPD, only when you are at peace with yourself first. Destress yourself to fight back the depression or emotional drainage caused by handling a BPD patient.
Here are few things that can help you have a better life while being in a relationship with a person suffering from BPD:
1. Don’t isolate yourself: You must be in touch with people you like to be with. You need emotional support from friends and family to deal with life. Spending some quality time with friends and family members can add little happiness to your life. It will boost up your energy level to fight back the dark side of life. You must remember that you have a life as well.
2. Take care of your health: Sometimes, relatives of BPD patients forget to take care of their physical health. They forget basic stuffs like having proper meals, exercising, etc just because they are caught-up in a stressful relationship. But, remember you can help your loved one better only when you are physically fit.
3. Manage stress: Don’t get anxious or depressed with the ongoing stress in your life. It will only add to your existing problems. Keep your nerves cool to have a better life for yourself as well as your sweetheart with BPD.
4. Believe in the 3c’s formula: Well, it is a formula recommended by most of the mental health practitioners. Don’t blame yourself for the irrational behaviour of your friend or dear one. The patient with BPD is solely responsible for his or her destructive behaviour or abnormal outburst. You will have to remember these 3c’s: I didn't cause it; I can't cure it; and I can't control it.
5. Careful communication: You have to be very careful while communicating with BPD patients. Don’t argue or try to convince them, when they are already in a disturbed frame of mind or agitated. They might end up getting destructive. Listen to their words carefully and patiently. Occasional nodding in between a conversation is advisable to let them feel assured about the fact that they are being heard and understood.
Don’t forget to acknowledge their feelings. It is also important that you stay calm when the patient is angry and has turned destructive.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.