Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. J C. DasYour feedback matters!
I am 44 years old man, when l walk 100-200 m feel chest pain and my breathe was going slow. L feel uncomfortable and just sit down, after 5-10 min l feel comfort to walk. My bp is always 130/100.
I am 25 years old. My symptoms are heaviness in head, headache, trembling, palpitation, deep breathing, incontinence of urine, nervousness, restlessness, pressure in eye, problem seeing in sun light, forgetfulness, dry lips etc. Please help me.
I am 68, diabetic and controlled BP. Why my head is heavy in the evening at 7 pm, when I cough horrible heaviness on both sides if my head. It will be reduced if I take nap or relax on bed. Advise please. Thanks.
I have a heart burn problem whenever I eat chillies and not eat chillies .I feel like heartburn and its irritates me a lot .I have taken medication as well .But medication only for few days again heartburn get started. May I know what prevention I can take to avoid it in future.
I am 34 male got thrombotic disease in lad on jan 9 2017 my 2d echo showed distal ivs &apex hypokinesia Mild lv systolic dysfunction .lvef 45% No pulmonary hypertension. Rvsp 22mmhg. Adv coronary angiography angiography was done on jan 10. After that I am always afraid of life only one taught come always in mind wat if you got again heart attack while you get other chance. please help me.
Pain in centre of chest, after some time it's transfer to same place on back, this process continues, kabhi chest pe, kabhi back pe, what type of trouble is this?
The heart is a muscular organ that helps to pump blood through the circulatory system by periodic contractions and relaxations. The heart is one of the most important organs of the body so much so that a single cardiac arrest or a heart attack can lead to fatal consequences. Even so, a heart attack is one of the most leading causes of death in the country. But there are some earlier symptoms that could alert you ahead of time. The following are signs of an unhealthy heart:
1. Sexual problems - Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most predictable reasons for cardiovascular conditions. Today, patients who are diagnosed with ED are also considered as cardiovascular patients. This is because the heart is supposedly not able to pump enough blood to the genital area. In case of women, reduced blood flow can hamper arousal and delay orgasms.
2. Snoring and sleep apnea - If one snores loudly enough to prevent their partner's from sleeping or resort to using earplugs, one may be at a risk of having a weak heart. Restricted breathing during sleep is connected with a host of cardiovascular diseases. Sleep apnea, a condition where breathing stops for a brief span of time, is linked with higher cardiovascular risks.
3. Swollen, sore and bleeding gums - Swollen and bleeding gums are not only symptoms of dental conditions but also of cardiovascular difficulties. Medical experts believe poor circulation of blood arises due to underlying heart conditions. Recent studies are focusing on bacteria that are believed to cause gum disease as well as plaque inside the arteries of the heart.
4. Heart Arrhythmia - Irregular heartbeat or heart arrhythmia is a common sign of a weak heart. It is characterized by both fast and slow beating of the heart. Restricted blood flow to the heart strains the electrical signals that maintain the normal beating of the heart. This is one of the common causes of coronary artery diseases.
5. Chest pain - One of the most apparent signs of coronary artery diseases is chest pain. The cause of the sharp, clutching pain in your chest can be build-up of plaque in the arteries, which could lead to fatal consequences.
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful consequences of brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or rupture of a blood vessel causing brain cells in the affected area to die or become disabled. Stroke is a vascular disease, so anything that keeps the blood vessels healthy can reduce the risk of stroke. Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, lots of fibre, reducing salt and saturated fat intake can keep blood vessels healthy and reduce the risk of stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly keeps the heart and brain vessels healthy.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of suffering a deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: The ideal blood pressure for a healthy person is 120/80 mm of mercury. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can directly cause a brain hemorrhage.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume. Chronic alcoholics suffer from malnutrition and liver problems which compound the chances of stroke and its severity. Alcoholic liver disease causes blood clotting to be impaired, increasing the chances of stroke.Consulting a de-addiction specialist is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can deposit in the wall of arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Reducing saturated fat like red meat, dairy fat etc., and increasing MUFA like mustard or olive oil can help reduce cholesterol.
- Diabetes: uncontrolled high blood sugar over long periods is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his sugar level checked regularly, especially if there is diabetes in the family.
- Stress: Prolonged stress generally leads to high blood pressure and reduced body immunity, and hence becomes a reason for stroke.
Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from stress or depression. Ultimately, improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored at any cost. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
I have lungs problem by birth that is pulmonary hypertension. My oxygen level in blood is only 78. I can't do any physical type work can't walk fast or run. Fatigue easily. I have to take oxygen daily minimum 2 or 3 hours at night. Doctor has advised assurans tablet. I am taking this tablet from last two years. I just want to confirm is this tablet has side effects. And please tell how I can increase my oxygen level and improve my condition.
Sir my name is ranveer singh. I am working in delhi. Basically I am from chandigarh. I am having skipped heart beats. I have all my tests done. But nothing is found. Please guide me or tell me if can meet you and get consultation. Regarding this. I am so disturbed because of this problem.
I am 65 year old. diabetic since 1998. BP with medicine 140-160/ 58-75 and pulse 58-65. Thyroid TSH 7.85 (taking 100) Heart problem: Stunt inserted in year 2010 Sometimes feel tired and heaviness in chest on moving upstairs.
I fell down a couple of days back and hit my head on the floor. Since then I have chest burn. What should I do?
I am 56 years old and suffering from high BP for over 12 years. I am taking 1 tablet daily Nebistar 5 mg. My 3 month average of Hb1ac test is 6.5%. My weight is 83 kgs. I want to enjoy better sex life where my erections are hard and long lasting. Can you please prescribe a course of medicines that I can take for long period which has no side effects which increases my sex drive and solves the problem of erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
I have many problems - Chest pain in the left side. Shivering in the jaw ,head ache, not able to do any work. Heart is not well.
My mother's heart is working 25%. She is getting treatment from Apollo hospital. They have restricted liquid for better heart function. How can be increase her heart efficiency naturally. One of my friend suggest "Arjun ki chhal" Please suggest.
Hi madam this problem is related to my mind. One of my close friend is failed in his love his lover loved him a lot but she attracted by some other person and she now rejected my friend so he told every thing about his girl friend to me because he want some relaxation from those thoughts and tried to reduce the stress but in this way I was addicted by his behavior and caring then I loved him a lot but now he rejected me so my mind diverted unexpectedly that some one must love me as my loved one loved his lover and this leads to my time pass love actually now the person who loving me have so many hopes on me but my heart doesn't want him only my mind satisfied by his words I know I am wrong but what can I do? the person who is my close friend loved her lover so I want that type of love from some one of course but my heart doesn't accept any one except my close friend what can I do to reduce my wrong thoughts.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done.
Here are Causes, Symptoms, Tests and Precautions of Coronary Artery Disease.
A big Hi to all the viewers. I am Dr. Hardik Thakkar an MB physician practicing in Mumbai. I would like to take this opportunity to talk to you about coronary artery disease.
As the word suggests coronary artery disease is a lifestyle disorder which affects the blood vessels of the heart. What happens in you is there are these cholesterol throbey blocks as we call them in layman’s term which deposit in the arteries and then they cause blockage to your micro circulation in the heart. So because of this what happens is the patient complains of pain in the chest, breathlessness, leg swelling, and sometimes even palpitations and a lot of diabetic patients may just get asymptomatic MIs which is these blocks will be there but they may not have any symptoms as I mentioned before.
Now this disease is dreadful because a lot of times these episodes come suddenly in the middle of the night and you may not have enough time to respond and a lot of these patients if they have a very significant amount of block like more than 90 or may be a 100 percent block. They may even die within hours of reaching the hospital. This is the gravity of the situation and hence one has to act very very fast if it all you get a chest pain.
But to begin with since we are talking about lifestyle modification we want to know what is in the lifestyle which leads to the coronary artery disease. As we all know a lot of people from the urban areas who are having sedentary who are not eating right. They are not sleeping right and they are not even working out so all this puts a huge oxidant stress and the wrong diet along with high fi diet which leads to cholesterol deposition and the plagues in the coronary arteries. So what should be done? I mean we need to start at a young age because it is not as we have to wait till 40 and start acting because this plague starts developing as early as 15 years of age. To begin with to prevent the coronary artery disease you have to start early, eat healthy right from your young age. Workout regularly and have an active lifestyle and avoid smoking and alcohol. Smoking is one of the major confounding factors which predisposes to lot of damage to endothelium of your arteries.
So leading a good lifestyle right from the beginning is very very important to you know take care of your coronary artery disease and diabetics as a matter of fact are at a very high risk of having coronary artery disease as compared to the general population. And I would also recommend the public I mean the regular people at least above 40 years to have a stresses done at least once a year along with your lipid profile sugar. This is just to make sure you are on a right track and you are not missing a coronary artery disease. I would like to talk a little bit in brief on this stress test which is you know a test which used to diagnose Angina.
So what we do we make a patient run on treadmill for ten minutes and we record ECGs of all the ten minutes along with the BP changes and if it all if a person has a hidden heart disease not reflected on his symptoms we pick it up and this is followed by the angiography. Once the angiography is done depending on the amount if blocks that are found we treat the patient either medically or with stents or by bypass. This is dictated by the number of arteries the location of plague and the extent of the block. So that’s about it for coronary artery disease at the moment.
If you wish to have more private consultation with me you can reach me through my website which is www.drhardikthakkar.com or also through the lybrate website which is www.lybrate.com. Thank you very much for your time.