Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Iman NeogiYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old female. I am relationship from 4 years. We both love each other. Due to different caste the boy mother is not accepting me. And the boy also now asking me to leave him as he can't go against his mother. I am going into depression and not able to live my life. Crying while night. Please help me out from this. What should I do that I can get him back or should I move on.
Hello doctor, I feel like nobody wants to talk with me? Because of this I talk rarely and most of the time I sit alone. And some time I think about suicide.
I have depression I realize this and anyone hurts me go for bad I can't sleep over night and how should I reduce angry can you please help me on this.
Hi, This is regarding someone I know, Male 29 years old and currently pursuing his masters. I wanted to ask whether he needs any kind of treatment for mood disorder, depression, etc. There are mood swings and sometimes he is very confident to discuss about the opportunities he has got in the business plans he is making but this lasts for a short span of time and later he would be regretting about the life decisions he has made till now and not being able to do anything of his life till now and wasting the parent’s money on some worthless college where he is not being able perform. He is unable to take any decision on his own and would a consultation a thousand times to take a step forward. He has not been able to concentrate on his assignments and now fear failing in assignments and examinations, for which his excuse is that he is just thinking about it and when it comes to transformation of his thoughts, I think he is not been able to perform to his maximum threshold. He always has a fear that he is not doing worthy enough and has not done anything in the past also. He would keep to himself in the college and not talk much to anyone during normal course but when excited he would share ideas to many people and talk to people he hasn’t during years of time, but will also be very sensitive to get aggravated on small matters also and would then spoil the relations sometimes. I hope this leads anywhere to you, if you need any-more information regarding this, let me know. Thanks in advance.
I cont stop smoking. Can you help me to stop smoking. Also tell me how to increase my blood level in my body.
I retired from Indian Air Force on 31 St Dec 2009. I feel like to be at home only. I do not feel happy to go out of my home. I go out only when it very necessary such as visit to hospital etc. I always search a company when I go out. I get anoide and irritated on very small small things such as while taking bath when soap fall down etc etc. I feel and it seems that I am very selfish and self-centered person. Please advice.
Iam having body pains from 1years and iam 26 years old what is the problem for me please give solution.
I hv been married for 8 months and unfortunately this is my second marriage. The guy who I married now has many problems. But due to social status am not thinking to come out of this marriage. 1.He has got sexual erectile dysfunction& premature ejaculation. 2.he says he earns less money so I have to take care of all needs like maintenance and household needs etc. 3. He doesn't show even a gram of love and affection on me instead always cross enquiries about myself like where I go out with whom I talk etc. 4. He doesn't care me like the way he takes care of his mother and father. Up on the whole he threatens to me that he'll leave me one day. What should I do? As I said I am only considering this marriage because it is my second marriage and I loose my reputation in both family and society. But it is really hurting me paining me its horrible. . please plz please help me. . I am mourning for help! Please.
Having a healthy brain is equally important as is staying physically fit. Good mental health is absolutely essential. Apart from regular exercises there are certain foods also which can help you to maintain good mental health. Below mentioned are few foods, essential for having a healthy brain:
- Include Fish in your Diet: If you are a non- vegetarian then include oily fishes like salmon, sardines in your diet. These fishes are replete with omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA. All these are essential for the brain to function efficiently.
- Munch on Nuts: Nuts are rich sources of Vitamin E. Vitamin E can help you prevent your brain from Alzheimer’s disease. Nuts are also beneficial for elderly people and can help them combat the problem of memory loss.
- Keep Preparations with Green Leafy Vegetables on your Menu: Vegetables like cabbage; broccoli is abundant in anti-oxidants. Broccoli is also a good supplement for Vitamin K. These help to develop your memory and also keep brain diseases like Alzheimer's, Dementia at bay.
- Have a Sweet Tooth for Blueberries: This fruit is rich in anti oxidants, vitamin C and K. It helps to deal with problems like memory loss, Alzheimer's and Dementia.
- Add Eggs to your Breakfast Menu: Eggs are rich in choline and also protein. It acts as a very good food for developing a healthy brain.
- Get Addicted to Avocadoes: Avocadoes help to tackle problems like hypertension, blood pressure and also help in smooth flowing of blood. They also contain Vitamin K and C which help in memory development.
- Go for Whole Grains: Whole grains like wheat flour, flour, oatmeal provide energy to your brain. They supply glucose and are thus considered to be very good brain foods.
The above mentioned foods are easily available and can help you to develop a healthy brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Dr. My Husband get lot of tensed. What can I do. I want to share lot of things sir. We are love marriage. 3 months only we are married. 9years we loved then marriage. But still he did not understand me. Like we are working same office. So he said" you don't know why behavior like office. And he said compare to another one guy but that guy I totally hurt. My office staff s all are known I am good character and speakly friendly. But he said wrong. I can not bearable Dr. Last 9 years that same problem, was continued Dr. what can I do. And I got a new job. He said do not go here. Any other boyfriend have this office he asking. Totally I hurt for my self Dr. He totally damaged my self Dr. So I can not bearable thats why I attempt a suicide Dr. My mind is restless Dr. What can I do. I try to spoke with him but he started very bad words. How can I try to understand him. Please Dr. help me.
I am like a dead body living a worthless life. Don't know it is because of depression or because of other thing. Please help.
I was in a relationship with a girl. Suddenly it ended in an abrupt manner and I am not able to take the depression .I m not able to focus on my internship and work and I feel stressed out always ,my moral has come down I feel pathetic abt myself, and my mood is always off.
I am a male, 79 years old. I have recently contracted parkinson' s disease. I get a very strange feeling in the head which is difficult to describe. It makes me very uneasy. Also I feel very sleepy. Any remedy?
My chewing paan masala without using tobacco in it, M using tobacco free pan masala Is it have any harmful affect? before it about 6 months ago m a adductor of smokeless or smoke tobacco but I left it.
I want to quit smoking what shud I do some time I just stop smoking then later again I start smoking I want to stop completely.
Hi! Today my mother was taking care of his brothers daughter who is 2 years old. My parents call her everyday to our home and take care of her, they are in deep attachment with the kid. It's our responsibility to take care of the kid. My mom and the kid where claiming the stairs and the kid missed her steps and fell down had a small bleeding in her nose (minor incident) .And after a while kid is alright but my mom was so shocked and she was crying very badly. She has lost her mind. The kid was alright but my mom did not keep the issue down. She was crying with panic. Her voice was breaking and she was not in her present mood. I never saw her like that before. She is very humorous and smiling all the time. Looking at her behavior I was very upset and I did not know how to convince her to stop but I fear for what happened, she is more compassionated with the kid and I fear I can't see my mom her tears and everything when she bust out her self. What should I have to do? Should I tell the kids parents not to bring her kid home and to maintain distance (kids parents know her kid fell they are fine with it) I fear about my mom behavior it's not at all normal. How to deal with it? I want to keep my mom happy.
PTSD is a neurological disorder which affects individuals after experiencing severe traumatic situations. The individuals find it difficult to cope with such situations and often have flashbacks of those moments of trauma. Stress, as a result of the trauma wrecks the normal nervous functioning of the individuals. PTSD can have the following symptoms:
- Flashbacks of the traumatic event
- Nightmares, which are repetitive and severely distressing
- Images from the traumatic event intruding during the day
- Reminders of the event provoking distress
Avoidance or rumination:
- Those suffering from PTSD avoid being reminded of the trauma, such as people, situations or circumstances associated with the event. They try to suppress memories associated with the event.
- Many others ruminate excessively and prevent themselves from coming to terms with it.
Hyper arousal or emotional numbing:
- Hyper vigilance for threat
- Exaggerated sterile response
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep problems
- Difficulty experiencing emotion
- Emotional detachment from others
- Giving up activities which mattered before the trauma
- Amnesia for salient aspects of the trauma
How to manage PTSD?
The following tips will help to come to terms with your traumatic episode and ease stress:
- If symptoms are mild, then observing the patient is preferred
- If symptoms are chronic, then trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) proves to be beneficial
- Alternative treatments include eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Comorbid symptoms such as depression, general anxiety and alcohol or substance abuse are secondary to PTSD. PTSD should be treated first and then the associated symptoms should be addressed.
- Mindfulness meditation (not a treatment option) helps in recognizing cognitive dissonances and affected thought patterns and aids in recognizing and overcoming their influence.