Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Humayun Shah AliYour feedback matters!
I am having a pain in my chest and left shoulder for quite some time now, ie from about two years. Is it a problem to worry? I am a eggtarian and don't smoke or drink alcohol but I am obese by hereditary. Please advice.
I m 42 yrs old, 75 kg weight, 5' 7" height, having pain in my both leg and thigh. Getting relax by applying tiger balm only for 2, 3 hours, what to do.
My father age 70 n diabetic. He felt in home and having fracture in hip femer. Dr. Ask for surgery n rod fix req. How many days require to recover and what will approx expense for such surgery.
I have knee pain from about 1year. I met many docs but no got relief. please consult, The pain starts more when i am running or after long walk (about 2-4 Km).
I am 25 year old male and have joint pain for last 3 months I have used pain relief ointment cream for 3 days but it's not work please Help me.
I had a acute upper back pain one month back along with numbness in fingers now it is better with acupressure and medicines but not fully cured there is numbness in fingers still. What should I do.
I do regular skipping n heels up m down but mai calves still remain same pzzz help me lower part of knee is very heavy pzzz suggest mei smthng.
I am a 42 year old and having problem of backache from last 15 days. Please advise medicine & therapy.
Sir in my back at right side bone was slightly bended and I need clarity that it comes to again back to initial position and please provide me the precautions need to be taken to solve the problem.
I am 19 years old. I am having pain in my neck. I am not feeling well. I am also feeling serious head ache. What should I do?
I am 45 years old, now from many months, I am much feeling weakness specally in evening after closing my duty timings, at when I in the way and to going my place. And also I feel back pain after complete daily work in the night as made cook and I feel much pain in back.
I am 25 years old. From 3-5 day I am observing that there is severe pain in my back. First I thought it will ho automatically, but it is not going.
Fibromyalgia is a condition characterised by chronic widespread body pains and increased responsiveness to pressure. Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this disorder than men. Fibromyalgia can be treated with physiotherapy, pharmacotherapy and combined efforts of physician and the patient.
Some of the symptoms that characterize this disorder are:
- Pain: Fibromyalgia is characterized by pain that has no apparent reason. It can affect different parts of the body and presents itself in different ways. Some people may experience a stabbing pain while others complain of a persistent dull ache. This pain may be affected by climate changes or stressful situations. There is reduced threshold to pain, because of certain chemical ( neurotransmitters) abnormalities in brain. Pain is generalized, felt above and below the waist, right and left-side of body, arms, legs, neck and back.
- Abnormal Sensitivity: Fibromyalgia patients are extremely sensitive to environmental changes that involve sight, sound and smell. For example, cigarette smoke can make a fibromyalgia patient extremely nauseous while loud music can give the person an instant headache. Lights that are brighter than normal can also make such a person feel uncomfortable. Patients have an abnormal sensitivity to pain, which leads to generalized aching of the body and tender points.
- Muscle & Joint Stiffness: Fibromyalgia patients often experience stiff muscles and joints without any form of strenuous activity or other reason. This may be localised to one group of muscles or affect the whole body. For some patients, this pain is worse in the morning or when sitting for extended periods of time. However, moving around does not provide any significant relief.
- Chronic Fatigue and Exhaustion: There are two main reasons for a Fibromyalgia patient to complain of tiredness. Firstly, the condition itself drains a person of energy even without overexerting themselves. Secondly, the pain and joint stiffness can hamper a person’s sleep and lead to sleep deprivation. Over time, this can become a vicious cycle of tiredness and insomnia. Chronic fatigue also affects a person’s immune system causing his or her energy levels to drop.
- Cognitive Impairments: Fibromyalgia patients also complain of a compromised short term memory. They often face difficulties recalling names of people they have recently met or other newly acquired information. These people may also have trouble concentrating on tasks for extended periods of time and experience mental sluggishness also known as fibro-fog.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Bowel disturbance is another common symptom of this disease. Passing stool may become difficult due to a combination of pain and muscle stiffness. With time, this problem can worsen unless addressed with laxatives. However, an over-dependence on laxatives can lead to further problems.
Apart from pain, patient experiences unrefreshing sleep and fatigue throughout the day. Other associated features can be depression, abdominal cramps, chest pain, tingling.
Lab Tests: Fibromyalgia is a clinical diagnosis. There are no definite laboratory tests. In fact, most conducted tests will turn out to be normal.
Treatment: Foremost important is an education of patient and caregivers, regarding nature of the disease. The patient needs to indulge in recreational activities and undergo supervised physiotherapy. There are potent medicines to correct the chemical imbalance in the body thereby increasing the pain threshold and leading to better quality of life. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist and ask a free question.