Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Himadri MondalYour feedback matters!
My wisdom tooth is growing and sometimes the pain gets unbearable, is there any way by which the pain can be reduced?
My teeth are slightly outside. I do think of braces but feel its painful. Please suggest me anything nice.
His mouth always smells very bad even after he had recently brushed. What should he do to prevent this bad odour?
Could chewing too much gum have caused the white patch on my mouth? I chew gum all day, almost every day. I noticed I have a white patch on the inside of my mouth on one side. Could chewing too much gum have caused this?
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.
. I have red and white spots inside my mouth on one side, I guess it is due to smoking, is it curable? Could I wait for its treatment till I start earning? Please help me.
Hello doctor, I am facing problem on my tongue as well as on penis. Kuch time se tongue pe pain ho rahi n jalan b hoti hai ye continuously halka ho raha hai or penis ma front (cap) ma jalan hoti hai week me ek bar ho jate hai aur chote chote dots aur redness ho jati hai Please reply for remedies with FULL detail.
I have sharp pain in my front 2 teeth and one of that teeth is milk teeth and behind that milk teeth one more teeth is present what I do to stop this pain or will my teeth come in sequence of other teeth after break of this milk teeth and how?
If you have diabetes, you have a greater risk of developing certain oral health problems than people who don?t have diabetes. Controlling blood glucose (blood sugar) levels can reduce the risk of these effects.
A veneer placed over a tooth surface can greatly improve a tooth that is stained, badly shaped, crooked, or injured.
A balanced diet, limited number of snacks, brushing and flossing each day, and regular dental checkups are the keys to a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums.
If you are nervous about going to the dentist, tell your dentist and the dental staff. They may be able to adapt the treatment to your needs.