Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hemchandra Majumdar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hemchandra MajumdarYour feedback matters!
I have dark spots your my eyes I used Himalaya product for few days but I didn't observed any change my age is 22 help me regarding this.
Sensitive skin can make life miserable. Factors, such as environmental and climatic changes, certain beauty products and medications can affect individuals with sensitive skin. There may be skin inflammation, irritation, rashes, redness, dryness and flakiness. The extent of the sensitive reaction can vary from one individual to another. In many cases, it has been observed that sensitive skin appears to be thinner than the normal skin. Thus, people with such delicate skin type need to be extra careful. Do not try self medication. It will make things worse. Always seek an expert advice. A dermatologist knows what is best for your skin.
People with sensitive skin need to follow some basic skin care regimes:
- It is very important to keep a sensitive skin hydrated and moisturised all the time. A dehydrated skin not only appears tighter, but also results in extreme skin dryness and irritation. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily. It is very important to flush out the toxins and maintain the alkaline skin pH. Avoid taking very hot water or ice baths. The extreme temperatures will do your skin more harm than good. A warm water bath is an excellent option. Apply generous amounts of moisturiser, whenever your skin feels dry and itchy.
- It is best to avoid products that are harsh on your skin. Consult a dermatologist before using products containing alpha hydroxyl acids. These are strong acids and their application can lead to skin irritation and rashes. It is a healthy practice to keep your skin clean. However, not all soaps are suitable for sensitive skin. Soaps (strong alkali) are a big no. It is best to use a medicated soap, specially formulated for sensitive skin. To cleanse your face, use a mild (soap free) face wash or a cleanser.
- For people with sensitive skin, it is best not to experiment with the skin care products. Play it safe, stick to the brands you have been using for long. Certain beauty products are strongly fragranced. These can trigger severe skin and allergic reactions. Lanolin, artificial mineral oil and alcohol containing products are no better. It is best to use natural and herbal skin care products.
- Do not use cosmetics and beauty products beyond a certain period of time. Face powders, silicone based foundations, sunscreen (titanium oxide or zinc oxide based) are best for sensitive skin. These products are known to be less harsh and thus have little or no side effects.
- Before using any products, know the ingredients and chemicals that goes into its manufacture.
Which is better for covering up during a sunny day, light or dark clothes? Also, is there a danger from tanning sprays rather than tanning beds?
I have some spots on my face due to chicken pox which was infected 2 months back. What should I do to remove those spots.
I used skin light cream fr whitening my face. I get result quickly. If the cream create any problems to my skin after I stop this cream?
I have pigmentation on my face and I have been using different medicines including herbal med, etc. But its not gone. I have gone for a check up to different doctors still not good. Suggest some treatment that can cure forever. Maybe laser treatment, etc. Give me the address and I want a guaranteed that it can be cure. I will surely go for a check up if its guaranteed. Thank you.
I am 22 years old male. I have a white spot or I can say white mark which is approx circle in shape on my right chick near my beard. It is small in shape and it is there from more than 10 years probably. I want to know is it possible to remove this spot from here and make that skin normal body colour of mine through surgery. I have tried medicine but it didn't helped me out. Please tell me if it is possible to remove it through surgery and if possible then what would be the cost for this. Suggest me the steps kindly.
After my delivery my skin had turn down pale and face is full of blemishes and visible black spots. Tried many doctors but no results.
Fractional laser or Fraxel as it is commonly known in cosmetic surgery terms, is a non-invasive technique to treat various skin problems. A beam of laser is divided into thousands of treatment zones, which are focused on a particular spot on the skin, giving it the name fractional laser.
Conventionally, ablative laser works on the epidermis while non-ablative laser works on the collagen or the dermis layer. Fractional laser is unique in that it works on both these layers. Therefore, in problems involving both these layers, Fraxel works extremely well.
How does it work?
The skin has two layers – epidermis and the dermis. The epidermis is the protective layer and has the melanin-producing melanocytes, which gives the skin, its color. The dermis has collagen and elastic fibers, which gives it skin the elasticity. With age, the skin loses its elasticity and becomes pale, as the collagen degenerates. Less of new collagen is formed, and so aged appearance including sagging, fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, etc. appear.
What Fraxel does is produce 1000s of columns of laser which act on both the dermis and the epidermis and improve collagen formation and removing old cells. The surrounding skin remains intact, and only the area of focus is treated.
What to expect?
- Before the procedure, the doctor will validate if you are a candidate for the procedure.
- Photos will be taken of the area and in people with darker complexion, bleaching or chemical peel may be used
- With face cleaned with soap and water, an anesthetic cream is applied to the skin.
- The laser beam is then applied, usually about 30 minutes.
- The procedure could be painful if the laser beam is strong which makes the use of anesthetic essential
- A cooling device is applied at the end of the procedure, and the area is then washed off
- One may experience redness, swelling, and tenderness for about a week
- New skin will develop in about a week’s time
- Skin peeling can happen in some people, which can be easily removed off without pain
- Adequate use of moisturizer and sunscreen is advised
- Clothing should be protective, include sunglasses, wide hat, and scarf
- Most people require a repeat of 3 to 4 sessions to complete the treatment, with a gap of a month usually.
- Unlike with other skin treatments, the effect from Fraxel takes time. It may take up to 3 to 4 months for the complete effect to show, as it involves complete collagen formation.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.