Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Hamida BegamYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr, I m not able to get a job in my field. I feel very depressed and upset. I'm married with three kids. I can't sleep at nights even if I try hard to sleep. I try to be tired doing some physical activity too. But of no help. please help me as to why I can't sleep at nights and I feel depressed too much. Help me.
Hello Dr. I am suffering from depression & social fobia, anxiety disorder since last 14 years Dr. gave me depran 10 along with tryptomer but now this med is not working Dr. Chang my med, he gave me zaptra 25 along with czep H.I m taking this med from last ten days, I wanted to know is there any side effects reg sex I m married man & I have 3 children, after taking zaptra & czep H.I feel drowzy in day time, pls Dr. tell me what to do know, I always trust in lybrate Dr. advise, as per liberate direct, I always satisfied, please Dr. give me sum advise reg sex & drozyness. I am taking zaptra after breakfast & czep H before dinner please Dr. suggest me what to do now, thanking you.
Meri age 34 aur meri wife ki age 36 hai, meri shaadi ko 4 saal ho gaye. Meri wife ka sex main koi interest nahi hai, koi excitement ya feelings nahi hai, during sex uska yoni marg itna sankuchit hai ki penis usme enter nahi hota. Meri wife ne mujhe bataya ki usko sex se dar lagta hai. In 4 saalo main bahut si Gynecology doctors ke paas main apni wife ko leke gaya parantu usne kabhi bhi PV Test allow nahi kiya. Main kya karu pl. Help me?
Hi, I am 26 years old and since past 5 or 6 days I am getting disturbed by some unwanted thoughts. It is related to my sexual orientation. Although I am completely straight because I have been in a relationship with a girl and I was involved in physical intimacy with her, yet I am getting this unwanted thought that I am becoming a gay. This started to happen at a sudden and I have no clue why this is happening. I don't want to live a life by becoming a gay. Please please please help me out, please.
While getting together in bed is something that everyone fantasizes or thinks about, when it comes to the actual act of being with a partner, shyness and inhibitions may stop you from actually having a god experience. While some factors for shyness can be physical, in most cases, they border on emotional and psychological problems.
Factors that might cause sexual shyness:
Some of the factors that cause sexual shyness could be:
- A fear arising from lack of experience
- A low self esteem
- Bad encounters and experiences in the past
- Body image issues
These are all factors, which can be changed and controlled with a slight change in your thinking and conditioning yourself in certain ways.
Overcoming sexual shyness with a partner:
While most people have active fantasies about sex, when it comes to a one on one experience, many people feel out of their comfort zone. Let's look at a few mental and thought conditioning exercises that can help you counter sexual shyness.
- Don't have major expectations: One of the biggest issues with mostly men and to some extent women, is that they have elaborate fantasies, which don't come true in the real world and thus aren't prepared to handle real life sexual situation when they come up. Thus you should preferably have a no expectation approach.
- Ensure that the surroundings are comfortable: If you are having a hurried encounter or in a situation you aren't comfortable in, it might lead to bad experience, which will keep manifesting every time you have sexual encounters. Thus make sure that your surroundings are comfortable and you are relaxed before the act.
- Don't let physical shortcomings scare you: Both men and women tend to be very conscious about their bodies. If you have to be naked in front of someone, you may feel even more self conscious. Stop feeling bad or sorry for yourself because of your body. No human being is perfect and if the other person wants to be with you in bed, they will ignore any physical imperfections that you think you may have.
- Think about the act and prepare: Remember that you are with a person and not with a fantasy. Once you are comfortable with a person and usually after a few times, you can then try fantasies and role playing. Initially think about the act before in your head and feel excited in its anticipation.
- Enjoy the build up and the foreplay: Sex isn't just the penetrative part, but all the fun section like kissing and foreplay that build up to it. Go slow and enjoy those sections as well and you will automatically be aroused enough to a point where inhibitions will go away.
Dear all I feeling very laziness all the time. And also feeling no interest towards any work. All the time I am feeling tried ness. I think I am suffering from depression, feeling fear to come in front of grp and also feeling fear to speak in front of grp. When I speak in front of peoples my heart rate increase and feeling uncomfortable. Kindly provide me the solution for this. I am badly suffering for this issues.
How do I treat my OCD for cleanliness? I have consulted psychotherapist and was on drug but it didn't seem to work. Now I lost my masters in pharmacy study to it and jobless. Also I suffer from body image issue as I have gynecomastia (small breasts but but scared me for life. Please help apart from usual recommendation of go see other doctor.
I am 22 year old I want to know how to heal the lungs as I am thinking of quiting smoking. I am doing so by 6 years. Please advice.
My father is addicted to alcohol, what can I do for him to get rid from alcoholic ness of my father.
Its about my mother. She is 41 in age and a weight across 54. Suffering normally by the ankle pain usually with body pain too. So kindly please get me the suggestions of it. Thank you.
I am Rohit. 20 years old. I have a chest pain since 1 month. I think it is due to smoking. Give me advice's to get rid of this smoking.
What really causes personality disorders?
Personality disorders (pd) are anomalies in behavioral patterns of an individual that are characterized by impairments in personal and interpersonal functioning. These are maladaptive psychological conditions that can be mild or intense and can affect a person's relations with others. These are not triggered by the external factors but are inherent abnormalities of behavior and conduct.
The human psyche is a vast and complex field of study which is so diverse that no two cases of psychological dysfunction are the exact same. Personality disorders are of numerous types, each having a different set of causes and traits.
Broadly speaking, they can be classified into three extensive 'clusters' or categories.
Cluster a includes odd or eccentric disorders like paranoid pd,
Cluster b includes dramatic or erratic disorders such as antisocial pd, and
Cluster c includes fearful and anxious disorders like avoidant pd.
Personality disorders are caused by a wide range of factors which impact each individual in a different manner. The most basic and common causes of pd are as follows:
- sexual abuse
- physical abuse
- emotional abuse
- verbal abuse
In most cases, abuse occurs during childhood and the pd takes manifestation in the teenage and adult years. A combination of multiple factors gives rise to complicated disorders which have more acute symptoms. Accidents and trauma can also give rise to personality disorders later in life.
Counseling and psychological therapy are used to tackle the problem and alleviate symptoms. Each case requires a different kind of approach and sometimes intake of medication is also deemed necessary. Diagnosis is always subjective and takes into account various aspects of the patient's life.