Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gouranga Chandra Roy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gouranga Chandra RoyYour feedback matters!
Dear doc I have problem like my penis glans white like discharge is foaming a lot I am sexual active do not know what is the problem please suggest me and it is itching too please suggest me some medication.
Having premature ejaculation. I have no mood or desire for sex. All time no arousal. And suppose get in mood penis size small and jst on penetration ejaculation happens. What to do. All reports are normal. Even testosterone levels are normal. Doctor has given me uphold tablet. Has told me to take whenever I want to have. Bt then how to treat it permanently. It is causing relationship issues. It has been 5 years of our marriage. Now my wife is totally drained off because I did not realize. Now when I have how to take the medicine.
Please advise whether Aspartame, the sugar substitute is good or bad. I am diabetic and using three or four cubes a day.
Hi I decreased my intake of sugar and salt, due to that fact I feel dizzy sometimes why this happens is it lower the blood pressure or something else?
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is such a disorder of personality that causes mood swings, self-esteem issues, impulsive behavior and recurrent self-harm behaviour. It is very difficult to lead a normal life with these varied psychological issues.
People suffering from BPD fear abandonment and loneliness. Yet, they have a tendency of showing mood swings, sudden emotional outburst or anger and hostility. This prevents them from having a long lasting relationship in life. It usually starts affecting the patient's life from early adulthood. It however seems to improve with age. The patient also has distorted self-image. He or she is unclear about what they want from life or what they are in reality. Even minor incidents can trigger intense reactions in people with BPD.
Symptoms of BPD:
- Disturbed self-image: People have self-esteem issues, they sometimes love or hate themselves or see themselves as evil. They have unclear goals, views, beliefs and often end up changing their friends, lovers, jobs, sexual identity frequently.
- Emotional instability: Intense feelings of rage, sorrow, anger, guilt and emptiness or loneliness are experienced by some sufferers of BPD. Extreme mood swings, lasting for a short span of time, are common in BPD. They may also have issues with their self-image where they cannot place themselves and don't know what they feel about themselves or who they are.
- Dysfunctional relationships: It is very difficult to maintain a normal relationship for people with personality disorder. They tend to have quick short-lived relationships and get put off very easily which leads to a lot of heartbreak. Suicidal tendencies and frequent self-harm behaviour like cutting skin using blades/ sharp objects are common. Drugs and alcohol abuse, eating disorders and sexual promiscuity are other forms of self-destructive behaviour commonly encountered in this population. Extreme aggression, delusions, transitional Psychotic states are other possible symptoms of BPD.
Causes for BPD:
- Usually it has been found by researchers that it occurs to patients who have had a disturbed childhood. Complex and unpleasant happenings in the childhood may leave a deep impact on the patient's personality, which comes back as a disorder in his or her early adulthood. From mental, physical to sexual abuse in the childhood can lead to this condition in adults.
- Besides, researchers have discovered recently that this illness has hereditary links. Some genes may be responsible for BPD. Improper functioning of the brain is also another factor. Especially, the portion of brain that controls emotions might not be functioning properly in co-ordination with other parts of it.
Diagnosis for BPD:
There is no particular clinical test that can diagnose BPD. It can be diagnosed by a series of interactive session with the patient by a psychiatrist.
Love and support from family and friends are crucial for patients suffering from this disease. Prolonged counseling sessions, therapies and the effort to break away from the chronic gloomy thoughts will definitely lead one to a better life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My son is suffering from stomach TB we start medicine r comes but he feel vomit always his age 20 years.
Sir, we have planned to have a group sex tomorrow with our college girls, so please tell me about group sex is better or not?
Symptoms, causes, and medications for PCOS
Hi! I’m Dr. Ravi from Kukatpally, Endocrinologist. Today we are going to learn about PCOS, it is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. In Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, a woman will have irregular periods and acne, unwanted facial hair and also hair loss from the head. There will be difficulty in conceiving. And usually there will be overweight and obesity with this Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. So what causes this Polycystic Ovarian syndrome? In PCOS patients, their ovaries won’t work normally. Every month one follicle will enlarge and mature and it will rupture releasing an egg. In PCOS multiple follicles will enlarge and they won’t rupture. And over a period of time, these follicles will accumulate. Now if you do a scan, a number of follicles will be there.
So what are the symptoms of this Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome? It contains as I told you, irregular menstruation periods, acne and androgen features just like facial hair and hair fall and the third one is irregular menses in the background of insulin resistance. These PCOS patients will have health related issues-hormonal and other problems. So they need to be evaluated, if they have high cholesterol, high blood sugar, high BP, other things, they need to get monitored and get treated accordingly.
Now we learn about what lab tests they need, okay, they need hormonal tests, blood sugars, cholesterol and they need to undergo some ultrasound scans, abdomen with the ovaries. Okay, these are the lab tests they need, and what is the treatment for PCOS? First thing is weight loss, if you lose weight around 5%, around 4-5 kgs, 50% of people, this Polycystic Syndrome will resolve. So, weight loss with diet and exercise is an important thing along with lifestyle modification and weight loss, some medications like birth control pills, they won’t acute the PCOS but the thing is they will ameliorate all problems with the…..so if you use birth control pills, your cycles will be regular, your unwanted facial hair will reduce. So these birth control pills are good, and they will protect the uterus from cancer if you use those birth control pills. Another drug is Anti-Androgens so they will block hormonal action
Side effects of these Anti-androgens like aldosterone, the thing is you will need to monitor the lever enzymes and also there is weight gain. That means water retention in the body. Okay, these are the two side effects for anti-androgens. Another drug we use is Metformin. Usually, we use that for controlling high blood sugar. But the thing is those who use this Metformin their insulin resistance will get controlled reduced and leading to normal…..cycles and other things in PCOS patients. So this can also be useful. Another one is individualizing problems; the thing is if an elderly person will come with this PCOS if their concern is they don’t want excess facial hair, so the best thing is anti-androgens. If a married person comes with PCOS, their main problem is to get a reproduction, to conceive, to get children. For them, we will use ovulation-inducing drugs. And if another married woman comes with PCOS and her complaint is hair fall and unwanted facial hair, we use another drug or local ointment to reduce facial hair or laser, these things. So, individualizing treatment depending on their problem is an issue in the treatment of PCOS.
Now, lastly, can a PCOS woman lead a normal life? Yes. The thing is whatever problem they are having there are good medicines and everything. They can lead a normal life with regular medication and regular doctor visit. So, don’t worry about PCOS.