Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gopa Mukhopadhyay
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gopa MukhopadhyayYour feedback matters!
My wife is having stomach pain sine 4 days, As doctors have given her medicine of aborting 4 week pregnancy because she is on contraceptive pills and AKT3, since medicine have stopped the growth of baby so we have to take medicine to abort. It's been 1 month and all went well but now bleeding started and stomach pain also. Any specific reasons.
I'm a 16 year old female. My period date this month was 8th of jan and I've started with periods again this month (25th of jan) I had sex on 18th of jan, and also had a continuous chest pain this month.
Hi, My last period is on August 7. I need talk about birth control injection and it's aside effects.
Sex ke baad do mhine tk regular period ane ke baad tisre mhine agr period late ho to pregnancy ke kitne chances h? Kya ye kisi v condition me possible ho skta?
Hi, I have lots of problems from last 12 months I feel that my scalp is getting bald, I took lots of medicines, did lots of Home Remedies so now my hair is growing but taking so much time, I am taking biotin of 5000 mcg from last 2 weeks, but now I am feeling swelling on my hands fingers and leg and so much pain on my whole body, Why I don't know. I feel laziness and tires whole day my health is also not growing. Please suggest me Doctors what should I do?
Colostomies often get used in situations of Imperforate Anus along with other conditions where a paediatrician finds a defect in the colon or in the large intestine.
Selection of Pouch
Pouch systems are available in many styles as well as sizes. They include:
- A sticky kind of wafer which adheres to the skin and a pouch to collect the stool.
- One piece pouch has the wafer along with the pouch joined together as a single unit.
- The two piece system consists of wafer and pouch in a separate manner.
- There are also open-ended pouches and close-ended pouches
- Open end pouches are most commonly used as they help people to easily out the pouch of air and stool
Changing the Pouch - Procedure
The frequency, with which the change of pouch takes place, depends upon a number of things. A pouch must be changed after it has been there for a number of days.
The good time to get a pouch changed is before a meal or a number of hours after eating, where there is less of stoma draining.
The procedure involves:
- Carefully removing the old pouch with mineral oil. Wash and keep the reusable clip aside.
- A child could be given bath in the tub or shower with the pouch off.
- Keep an eye on the stoma for changes in size and color. There could a slight bleeding from the stoma.
- If the stoma is round, make use of the precut template to find a pattern that fits perfectly.
- A perfect fit means that no skin should be visible around the stoma.
- In case the stoma is irregular in shape, then use a firm piece of clear plastic to mark a pattern of the stoma.
- Make use of the template to find an opening on the wafer.
- Then cut the tracing with sharp scissors
- Smooth out the rough areas with finger
- Warm the wafer in the hand to help soften it.
- Apply Cavilon 3M no sting barrier film to skin around the stoma.
- If paste is used, it must be applied in a sparing manner to the wafer around the hand cut opening.
- Press the pouch on the skin by using light pressure with the hand, hence making the attachment secure.
- Apply clip to the end of pouch.
- Make the pouch empty once it gets 1/3 filled with air or stool.
- Change the whole pouch when the wafer becomes loose from the skin.
- Do not flush the pouch down the toilet.
I am unmarried and facing problem in periods. I always had periods regularly but from last one month its happening regularly and very minimal like drop by drop.
I dn't have doubt but I am asking uh is tat. Safe or anything else. Because I take I pill before my periods one and again I took during my period. So nd its 50 days to my last period so can you please guide me. Or tell me tat is safe or I am pregnant if not thn whn its started again regularly.
Knee joint surgery is a long and arduous procedure in most causes. However, outpatient procedures sometimes take less than an hour and require minimal recovery time. It is commonly conducted in cases of:
- Progressive arthritisa
- Injury, dislocation or fracture
- To fix deformities
If one is aware of these informative tips post-surgery, recovery can be a less painful and easier process :
- Clean linen sheets to prevent infection to the wound
- In case of pain, ice packs over the bandage can be used. However, one should be cautious as extended use of ice can result in cold burns
- Installation of preventive fall equipment is necessary to ensure that the patient does not sustain further injuries post-surgery.
- Knee surgery recovery can be very time consuming in which case, the patient may experience high levels of anxiety, and depression. A close friend should be available in times of emotional need to reduce negative feelings.
- Crutches and other supportive objects should perpetually be in close proximity to the patient as it can be very difficult for patients to reach their close destination without the help of these necessities when in need.
- In case of intensive pain attacks, the patient should be taught relaxation techniques such as breathing in and out or breathing intensively in settled intervals
- The patient should be put on a strict diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, carbohydrates and healthy fat to allow faster recovery
- The patient should also get 8-10 hours of sleep daily to allow the system to recover on its own
- The patient should not put pressure on their body during the recovery time, especially the injured area
It is a prerequisite for the families and loved ones of the patients to show emotional support as feelings of isolation can cause further pain to the patient. Along with that, the patient should keep a positive attitude during the course of their bed-rest time. If one keeps these tips noted, recovery can be a less arduous condition.