Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Gita DeyYour feedback matters!
We wanted to see Dr. for eyeglasses prescription for my 4 year old daughter. She has been diagnosed with +0.25 D spherical power in both eyes,+3D cylindrical Right eye and +2.5 D cylindrical power in left eye. I am confused about the prognosis as we are late in diagnosing. Most importantly, how to proceed. Some doctors suggest using nearly same power glasses since children adapt quickly while some suggest starting with a lower power and then gradually increasing. Which one is best, please advise.
I am 25 year old female. I have eye Site week I use shamh. How to get rid from it. I look like over age. I went to rid from it. Please tell me how I do?
I am in college first year and my branch is related with computer but my eyesight is weak so is there any solution from which I can work on computer and my eyesight will not get more weak?
Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) uses a computer controlled laser to reshape the eye's cornea ( the transparent part in the front region of the eye), so as to enable light passing through it to focus correctly onto the retina of the eye.
When do you need this surgery?
This surgical procedure is ideal for people having following conditions making spectacle use mandatory :
1. Myopia or nearsightedness - Far off objects appears blurry
2. Hypermetropia or farsightedness - Close objects appear indistinct
3. Astigmatism - Overall fuzzy vision
Facts about the surgery -
- Practically painless procedure done under numbing drops
- Short surgery time as well as recovery time
- No use of stitches
- Reduced dependency on glasses and contact lenses
- Better vision as compared to vision through high power glasses
- Minimum age to opt for the procedure is 20 years
LASIK in Presbyopia or Presbylasik:
The surgery can also be opted for individuals who suffer from presbyopia, which is long-sightedness brought on by the loss of flexibility of the eye lens, and usually occurs in individuals in their middle and old age. The condition renders individuals with the inability to focus on objects that are close by, leading to difficulty in reading smaller prints or doing chores close up.
In Presbylasik or Multifocal LASIK different power zones are created for seeing at varying distances - near, intermediate and distance vision. Consulting a doctor is best as he or she can help you to decide on the right course of action. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
Hello doctor. I need your help. This is an emergency. My eye sight is not so clear now a days. I went to a doctor and checked ma eyes and she prescribed me to use spectacles. Now its been just 1 week that I'm using ma spectacle. When I use them for long. My eyes will get hurt. Its like my eyes is falling off. I said these things to my doctor and she said this is common. I don't know what to do. My eyes r paining when I use the glasses. What shall I do. Should I stop using glasses or try some other way of treatment. Waiting for you reply. .
I have water coming grom my eyes. Red eyes in morning please help anf give guidamv8e to me. What is tbe problem?
I am a 28 yrs old and having head pain and eye heat problem. I had consult in to doctor but no result. I can't this problem please give me the suggestion.
I feel my eyes tighten after working at the computer or reading something for continuously say 30 minutes. Feel difficult to focus and sometimes feel I am seeing double. After a gap it is fine but again after 30 minutes feel the same symptoms. I do not have glasses so far could it be that I have a power and need to check or something else. Have always taken pride at my eyesight. Am 52 years old.
I have hairs on my cheeks near eyes. Now new hairs are coming on all the face near the face. In recent I used betnovate cream for my face because I have skin problem. I think this hair growth is result of this. So what ate the methods to cure them except laser treatment. Is there any medicine available for this?
I was punched by an elbow on my eye by accident almost 2 days ago. It was painful but it was looking normal. This afternoon I noticed blood on my eye, blurry vision and a very light pain. What should I do?
Hello sir, I have back pain problem. Also eyesight problem. When I use my mobile. That time come eyes drops problem. Please give me suggestion.
Sir meri ankhe or sir ek sath dard karta hai. Ankhe ek dum red Ho jati hai Fir itone or paracetamol se kuch relief milta h.
Is there any kind of risk abt my eyes bcz I am watching continuously teaching videos on youtube? If YES please suggest something!
Eyelid spacer grafts are widely used by cosmetic surgeons for treating abnormalities in the lower eyelid. Spacer grafts are surgically used for tectonic support. Spacer grafts are scientific and the technology used helps in virally inactivating tissues, and also in the preservation and sterilization of tissues. They are immunologically and biologically safe. Eyelid spacer grafts are commonly used after undergoing a blepharoplasty surgery of the eyelids
When are eyelid spacer grafts used?
Many people have puffy and fat eyelids. Lower eyelid blepharoplasty is a cosmetic surgery, which effectively cures such disorders. The process involves removal of extra fat and skin from the lower eyelids and trimming of excess skin. Eyelid retraction is another condition pertaining to the eyelids, where the eyelids look like they have been pulled down. This condition arises from the removal of too much skin during blepharoplasty. Loose ligament support and excess scarring in the eyelids also lead to eyelid retraction. When this condition does not cease in the post- operational period, eyelid spacer grafts may be used.
Benefits of eyelid spacer grafts
- Eyelid spacer grafts are effective and helpful in a large number of conditions. The major benefit of spacer grafts is to repair lowered eye retraction after carrying out a blepharoplasty surgery.
- The eyelids are lengthened vertically as a result of using eyelid spacer grafts. This helps in better closure of the lids and also reduces eye irritation in patients.
- The eyelids are made to look more natural when they are in resting position. Spacer grafts are placed at the back of an eyelid. Thus, they are not visible from the outside.
- The recovery time after using eyelid spacer grafts is almost the same as most eyelid surgeries in general. The results are usually very effective.
- Eyelid space grafters are not the only ones used for repairing eyelid retraction, but these are certainly one of the most efficient ones. They give proper support to the lower eyelid, which is required for the proper closure of the eyelids and maintain proper eyelid positioning after a blepharoplasty surgery.
- Eyelid spacer grafts ensure permanent cure of eyelid retraction, and it is unlikely that this disorder will occur again after eyelid spacer grafts have been used.
- Eyelid spacer grafts have proven to be one of the best remedies for eyelid retraction, which many people experience after having a blepharoplasty surgery. There are different types of eyelid spacer grafts that will be recommended by your surgeon to correct eyelid retraction, depending on your case. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.