Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Geetika ChatterjeeYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from schizophrenia and I am fighting with it but sometimes I feel hopeless and I am different.
I am getting very tired after concentrating only 4 hours on studies. Why and what's the reason for it.
I lost somebody in a car accident I feel depressed after that, I don't know what to do please help me.
I was 75 kg before 2 years. After that I slightly kind of became a stress eater. That means from a certain point in my life till now, eating different kinds of tasty oily food only gives me happiness. If I become sad also I eat so much and happy also I eat too much. Usually breakfast I will skip, lunch I will eat very less and night I eat so much of food. As a result I am now 100 kg. I want to reduce. I'm 175 cm height. Please help me doctors!
I have an anxiety problem when I am about to give a speech. What should I do to stop feeling scared?
I feel unsatisfied, not depressed but unsatisfied. No matter what I do i.e. Watch movie, read book, eat out, surf the net, exercise, breathing exercises. I feel anxious all the time like I need to do something else. Something which is more fulfilling. I have a good job and I like doing my job but still there is this sense of impatience all the times. Because of this I am not able to concentrate on anything be it holiday planning, investment planning, work etc. Please advise.
Dear sir/ mam these days I have become very short tempered and want to commit suicide. Although I have been ice cool throughout my life but do not know what is happening to me. This might be due to prolonged torture by my father. Now his voice (even a single word) makes me uncomfortable. Whenever I hear his voice, something starts vibrating in my mind. What should I do?
I can't concentrate on anything due to some elements that hurted me alot. It has lead to me a kind of depression. What I can do for this?
I have been indulging in liquor consumption since I am 15 and now I am 27 years old. I want to give up drinking. Should I quit it instantly or should I decrease my consumption dose by dose. I can't rest well in my night's sleep, very dull always. Please help me out to quit drinking.
"Adolescence is the age at which children stop asking questions because they know all the answers. "
It's exam time. There are some lucky parents who enjoy these times. I said ‘some'. For the rest of us, exam times are a source of anxiety and worries. Everyone relates to exams with anxiousness, stress etc... The only person who may be relaxing is the one who set the papers. Children are running like chickens from xerox centers to the stationary shops. From tutorials to friends. Every ping on Whats-app gives a different reaction.
Good, bad or ugly. Reactions are uncertain. The largest anxious & worried audience is parents. Some hide their worry with smiling face. Some are anxious because their child is not even aware of his timetable. Some are shouting and some overwhelmed.
So what does a parent need to do? There are two extreme spectrum in which parents behave. Either they are too involved or they don’t care about it and take themselves out of the picture. The best way to go is moderation. There are different ways in which parents can manage stress. Is stress, bad? No. Certain amount of stress is necessary. But we cannot be so stressed that we are not able to manage the situation in itself. So here are some offbeat look at what can be our action plan.
1. Expectation handling.
This is the biggest challenge parents face. No matter how evolved are the parents (or for that matter
human beings) they have expectations. Even if we tell ourselves and others that we have lesser expectations than the Buddha. The fact is we are stuck. Let's face it. There is no way we can get out of the expectation cycle. But one thing we can do is manage them and keep them rational. What are rational expectations? They are realistic.They are logical. They are helpful. Many parents expect that the child should sit in one place for long hours. If children don't, parents keep on blabbering about how they don't care about exams.
"Expectation is the mother of all frustration." Antonio Banderas
Also, there is another extreme parent. These Parents takes too much of care and pamper. Even that can trigger stress contributing thoughts. I knew a parent who took a year off from work for her son’s Tenth exam.
So should we stop expecting? No. Even if you want you can't. Keep the expectations rational. See if they are logical. Check if they are realistic and true. And most important check the impact. Are these expectations helping you? If they are not give up some of them. Expectation handling gets better with stories, remind your self of Aesop. one of his fables is Boy and filberts.
A Boy put his hand into a jar of Filberts, and grasped as many as his fist could possibly hold. But when he tried to pull it out again, he found he couldn't do so. The neck of the jar was too small to allow of the passage of so large a handful. Unwilling to lose his nuts but unable to withdraw his hand, he burst into tears. A bystander, who saw where the trouble lay, said to him, "Come, my boy, don't be so greedy: be content with half the amount, and you'll be able to get your hand out without difficulty."
2. Don't carry your comparison scale
Well you cant help it. Parents carry a comparison scale in their mind about how much or how long their child should study. There is no evidence or approval of this scale. It gets created somehow on the basis of your own past or some topper saying how hard he studied.
“Comparison is the death of joy.” Mark Twain
Parents have a philosophy that you can't get what you want unless you go through the suffering. Thinking that this will fire them up to study more and work hard, is one big mistake that you are committing. In some cases it may work, but at this rebellious age probability of getting backfired is high. This scale will damage them life long. even when you give up these scales your child carries it. Like we have been carrying the scales parents have given us.
3. Understand the teen brain.
Let me tell you the logic.The logic is teen brain develops in an interesting way. The ability to think about consequences is developing which is the frontal part of the brain. So no matter how much struggle you do many of your pep talks are going to fly off their heads unregistered. "Half baked brain, keep it baking "
“Well, no,” you have to say, “your brain is sometimes an explanation; it’s never an excuse.” Frances E. Jensen
should be the self chanted mantra for parents. This should be your mantra for next several years unless he/she is 20. As you have already seen that your sermons have little impact on your teen as if you are a preacher in the desert. Your job is simple; see if you are giving him healthy food and a conducive environment. During exam times they may behave odd, you manage this moderate. No extreme reactions. So remind yourself the functioning of the brain & "Half baked brain, keep it baking "
My mom is having a slow memory. She doesn't remember what happened back sometimes and she forgot all the time things. So what to do for this? Any herbal tip.
Every person has different ways of expressing emotional love to their romantic partner. There are 5 basic ways in which people express their love. Knowing your and your partners' preferred style of expressing and receiving love, can save many relationships from turning sour.
1. ACTS OF SERVICE: You might be telling your partner how much you love them, but they are expecting some action on those words. Doing odd jobs like helping around the house, dropping the children to school, paying the bills can go a long way in helping the relationship going to the next level of intimacy. Your partner may just prefer to get some extra help from you to acknowledge that you love them.
2. WORDS OF APPRECIATION: You would have noticed that your partner puts in a lot of hard work to make 2 ends meet or get the house in order. Just noticing is not enough. Let them know how much you appreciate their effort in making your life comfortable and peaceful. Words like Thank You for putting the kids to bed, You really worked hard for us to be able to go on this vacation.Such words cost nothing, but the effect on your partner can be enough to earn you some brownie points. Remember to come across as genuine and not forced.
3. RECEIVING GIFTS: Seema always felt appreciated when her husband gave her a gift. But her husband Raj, didn't know that. His "I Love You" didn't make any sense to Seema and she felt unloved. When Raj discovered that his wife preferred gifts over words of appreciation, his married life became much smoother than before. Showing sensitivity to your partners' preferred language of love can help you bridge the communication gap too.
4. QUALITY TIME: Some people just like to spend time together just talking. Most men pride themselves at reading the newspaper, watching TV and listening to their wives all together. But that is not enough for her. Just listening and holding a conversation with her and looking at her eyes to show that you are there for her can fill her tank of love for that day. A sure shot way to impress your partner. If your husband is a sports person, then tagging along to his sports club and showing interest or playing his sport will win you his love and attention. Make sure that you are not chatting on the mobile while he regales you with his stories of winning the game.
5. PHYSICAL TOUCH: We have long known the emotional power of touch. A warm touch, hug, or a kiss can melt any person. If your partner responds better to this expression of love then this will be your route to winning their heart. Sexual intercourse, holding hands while walking together and keeping a hand on the shoulder are all expressions of physical touch.
So become that scientist and discover what is your language of love and which language works best for your romantic partner and see your love blossom.
Click on private chat if you want to know more.
My husband wants me to have an affair and has fantasized about it for the last 5 of our 10 years together. He gets turned on at the mere thought of me having sex with someone else. And, this fantasy doesn’t go away.
We had some serious problems a couple of years ago and I was unfaithful once. I told him and he went from hurt, to jealous, to turned on and asks me to talk about it now during sex. The fantasy arouses me too, but I’m mainly aroused by his arousal. Is this type of fantasy better kept a fantasy? I would never be turned on at the thought of him with another woman. Thanks for your advice.
Oh, Sugar, Sugar.
Sounds to me like you just got the world’s best (and rarest) hall pass:
Men Who Want Their Wives to Fuck Other Men.
This is also known as cuckolding, and I’m not quite sure I’m the go-to guy on the subject. In our household, we joke that one day (maybe on my 50th birthday), I’ll get my threesome with another woman. There are no equivalent jokes about watching my wife with another man.
They’re fantasies. They don’t have to be acted out in real life if it would cause real life harm to the relationship.
But here’s the thing with fantasies…
They’re fantasies. They don’t have to be acted out in real life if it would cause real life harm to the relationship. Which is why it’s harmless for me to joke about a threesome; I would never bring someone home from Craigslist and ruin my marriage because of it. And it’s why your husband is still pressing for the idea of seeing you with another man. In fantasy form, it’s harmless. In reality, well…
…you’re kinda like me – a sexual hypocrite. It’s cool if you’re with someone else; you just don’t want to imagine him with another woman.
Thankfully, he’s not asking you to imagine that. He’s asking if you’re open to being with another man with his permission. And from what you’re saying above, it sounds like you are.
You wonder if this is okay because it’s not the other guy that excites you, it’s being aroused at his arousal. Well, who cares? Arousal is arousal. Being aroused at someone else’s reaction is why men have responded to women’s fake orgasms since the beginning of time. So, on the surface, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with him taking pleasure in you taking pleasure out of another man.
Where things may go awry is when unexpected emotions arise.
Will your husband truly be cool watching you have sex with another man? Hearing about it afterwards? Sleeping in the same bed where the deed was done? It may sound great in theory; who knows what he’ll feel like after the fact. One may be able to intellectually separate sex and love, but jealousy isn’t a rational emotion.
Being aroused at someone else’s reaction is why men have responded to women’s fake orgasms since the beginning of time.
Similarly, how will you feel about unleashing the dragon of polyamory? Maybe this is a one-time deal. Maybe your husband will want to see you with more and more men. Maybe you’ll get emotionally bonded to one of these new men. Maybe this one experience will irrevocably change the way you view sex and marriage. That’s a lot of maybes on which to risk a marriage.
Strangely, the good thing that you have going for you is a ten-year relationship that has already overcome infidelity. This means you should be able to address most of these concerns beforehand, and deal with any surprising emotional issues that come up afterwards.
So am I giving you the green-light to have sex with another man even though you’re married?
Yes, but I wouldn’t be if I didn’t think that your relationship couldn’t survive it. You have to accept your husband at his word that this will be a turn-on, and if this arrangement doesn’t work for both of you, you must return to the way things were before – with Pandora firmly back in the box.
Let us know how it goes.
Your mental and emotional health impacts how you think, feel, and carry on in everyday life. It additionally influences your capacity to adapt to stress, defeat challenges, construct connections, and recover from life's difficulties and hardships. Whether you are hoping to adapt to a particular psychological wellness issue, better manage disagreeable feelings, or essentially need to feel more confident, enthusiastic, and adjusted, there are a lot of things you can do to take control of your emotional health.
Regardless of how sad or defenseless you feel as of now, these systems can help your state of mind, fabricate versatility, and increase your general pleasure in life:
- Remain active: The psyche and the body are naturally connected. When you enhance your physical wellbeing, you will naturally encounter more mental and emotional happiness. Physical movement additionally discharges endorphins, effective chemicals that lift your state of mind and give you energy. Customary practice or action can majorly affect mental and enthusiastic medical issues, mitigate stress, enhance memory, and help you to rest better.
- Oversee stress: At the point when stress gets to be distinctly overpowering, it can harm your state of mind, trigger mental and physical medical issues, and influence your personal satisfaction. As examined above, face-to-face social association and physical action are both instinctual approaches to get rid of stress. In any case, when stress hits, it is not generally practical to have a companion close by to incline toward or to have the capacity to go out for a walk or run.
- Eat a solid eating routine: Unless you have tried to change your eating regimen before, you may not know exactly how much you eat or not eat. This influences the way you think and feel. An unfortunate eating regimen can inflict significant damage on your brain and mindset, disturb your rest, decrease your energy, and weaken your immune system.
- Get enough quality rest: Reducing sleep may appear like a good move when you have a very busy life. However, with regards to your mental and emotional wellbeing, getting enough quality sleep is a need, not a luxury. Skipping even a couple of hours here and there can inflict significant damage on your mind, energy, mental sharpness, and capacity to handle stress. Long-term unending work can wreak destruction on your health.
- Discover reason and importance in life: Everybody determines significance and reason in various ways that include doing things that benefit others, and also yourself. You may consider it an approach to feel required, like yourself, a reason that drives you on, or essentially motivation to get up in the morning. In natural terms, discovering importance and objective is fundamental to mental wellbeing as it can produce new cells and make new neural pathways in the brain.