Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gautam Mistri
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Gautam MistriYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dry cough for last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
My wife is pregnant and we have consulted a Doc. As per advise we have done the ultrasound and the report says that missed abortion and the reason being cardiac activity absent. The doc has advised for abortion. Need a suggestion that whether should go for abortion or should go for 2nd opinion.
Sir pulse rate is normally high it is approx 80 to 100 at rest time is it ok. My bp is normal my age is 41.
My Mother is 76 years old. She has undergone a surgery of uterus removal in 2014. After the Surgery she is always sick. Her haemoglobin level is always 10. Her Sugar level after food is 152, and normal before food. BLood pressure is always high but now she is taking medicines to control blood pressure. Please advise some good health habits for her to be healthy, as soon as she wakes up, she says I am feeling very weak and hungry. Her legs pain a lot. Please advise a routine food schedule for her and some advise on how she should keep her diet.
I am 34 years old and suffering from abnormal sugar levels. Most of the times pasting levels are 60-110. But post lunch levels are 150-200. I am not taking any medicine. I feel week and fainting frequently. If I delay lunch half an hour I get sweating and shivering. Once I checked at evening around 5 or 6 pm my sugar levels erre around 70. When I visited doctor he told no problem.
I am 36 years old. I feel the pain from 6 month in between the chest & abdomen (right side) after 11 am and then it continue.
I am 18 year boy ,I am having a problem where I feel feared and scared in crowd .I also feel feared when I go to college having of thinking of getting toilet there likely I have very low confidence and also think alot before doing anything. My heartbeat becomes fast and likely feel like fainting in some uncomfortable time. please do help .It is happening from 4-5 months .
Most people associate fibre to be good for the digestive system. It helps to add roughage and therefore helps in avoiding constipation. When we dig deeper, the fibre seems to do good not just to the stomach but to the heart as well. Those who are prone to develop heart disease should make an attempt to include more fibre in their diet and reap the rich benefits it offers.
There are two classifications of fibres
Dietary are found in diet products and functional being added fibre through various food supplements. Soluble and insoluble fibre, based on their solubility in water. Most foods contain some amounts of both. The insoluble one has more digestive benefits, as it adds to the roughage. Both types have cardiac benefits.
Read on to know some of the cardiac benefits of fibres.
- Reduces cholesterol: There is good cholesterol which is essential for the body, and there is bad cholesterol causes heart disease. What fibres do is reduce the amount of bad and overall cholesterol in circulation. The fibre binds to the cholesterol and removes it from the body, which otherwise would get into circulation and lead to plaque formation and heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure: Because the cholesterol does not circulate in the blood stream, the blood is not as viscous and therefore the vessels exert much less pressure to allow for free flow. A diet change to whole grains can show a marked difference in people with hypertension.
- Weight management: Eating fibre means more bulk and fewer calories so that a person feels full after eating smaller amounts. This is a great way to lose weight and bring preexisting heart disease under control.
- Stroke prevention: The circulating cholesterol usually gets sluggish and settles down along the walls of the blood vessels. This attracts more cholesterol, which eventually forms what is knowns as plaque. When this plaque attains a considerable size, it gets dislodged, circulates in the blood stream, and can reach any of the vital organs. When it reaches the heart or brain, it can lead to heart attack or stroke. By removing the cholesterol which leads to all these complications, fibre reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attacks.
- Management of diabetes: Blood pressure, increased weight, and heart disease all are predisposing factors and have common contributing factors as does diabetes. Controlling all these helps in prolonging the onset of diabetes and reducing its severity too.
High-fiber diet mainly reduces cholesterol which helps in multiple ways to maintain not just a healthy body but also improves the overall quality of life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!