Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gargi Dasgupta BanerjeeYour feedback matters!
Boost up your metabolism, take off your weight:
How can you boost your metabolism? if you make a goal to keep off your weight gain by increasing your metabolism and like to stick to it, nothing can resist you to attain it. Constant efforts help you to burn your calories.
Probably, you have heard that people like to blame their weight on slow metabolism. But the metabolism can be increased by taking diet properly and doing exercise daily. Someone with high metabolic rate is able to burn calories more efficiently than someone with low metabolic rate.
Is there any possible way to boost up your metabolism?
Diet and physical activities help to rev up your metabolism and doing so it contributes to cut down the weight too. Keeping on the maintenance of lower weight helps to speed up the metabolism you were born with, it can't be happen without constant effort.
If you have tremendous success in losing weight up to a certain point but then suddenly stop seeing results, at that time you encounter a plateau where the people's metabolism has slowed to match their new level of fitness. The metabolism doesn't have to work as hard because there is less body mass to fuel. The person with slower metabolic rate need to boost his metabolism, who will always have to work harder to keep his weight off than a naturally lean person.
You have to need to make some changes in your diet and physical activities so that you can continue to reduce your weight by speed up your metabolism and also these changes could bump you off your fitness plateau :
1. Change your physical activities- You have to increase your intensity and duration of workout gradually. Increase your metabolism by incorporating both cardio and weight training will help to increase your lean muscle mass to burn calories and can try to do some different types of exercise like swimming, bicycling, brisk walking etc.
Aerobic exercise is the most efficient way to burn calories. If you doing so, it will help to break down the plateau.
2. Change your diet- You must have to include complex carbohydrates at least 50 percent in your daily diet so that it will help to your body properly fueled and also include more lean protein.
Omega 3 fats can boost you metabolism than saturated fats which slows down the metabolism. If you plan to consume diet with few complex carbohydrates and more lean proteins for few days, it will definitely help to cut off the fitness plateau.
3. Change your lifestyle at some extent- Either you are taking the meals every couple of hours or some number of meals in a day, should be fit in your lifestyle.
Eat everyday at same time as what will be your meal time, have breakfast daily at same time, then you will be less likely to binge later in the day and will also help you to boost up youmetabolism.
Drinking plenty of water is healthful in many reasons but won't help to boost your metabolism, it will help to cut down on the amount of calories you will eat.
Don't eat close to bedtime because doing it so won't increase your metabolism, but it will resist you to put on your weight by eating up extra calories.
There are many dietary supplements claim that these will help to accelerate individual's metabolism and help to burn calories or reduce weight. They attracts people who are overwhelmed to loosing their weight. So, people can't analyze that these can have some side effects. The fact is there's no magical stick or pill or bullet help to lose your weight. It only comes down by doing proper physical activities and taking proper diet.
Hello. I was having regular menstrual cycle until this month. My last date was 10th of april. Now its already 23rd may, i. E. 14 days and my periods haven't started yet. What should I do? please help. Also, a friend of mine told me that I might be suffering from pcod. Is that true?
She have left ovary cyst, length 8 cm. From past 3 years she is taking tablet (Loette) for regularizing periods ,now they are planning for marriage. Very much worried about fertility issue & cyst treatment. Please advice without removing cyst can she get regular periods.
Feel heaviness back pain and discomfort. Before 9 days of my period. Pregnant or premenstrual symptoms?
My wife is suffering with ectopic pregnancy. Now it is 2 months of pregnancy. She is having back pain and dullness.
I have married since 9 months but till now there is no symptoms of pregnancy is visible in my wife. Before few months she had tried pills to avoid pregnancy after miscarriage. Is there anything to be fear or not?
Is it possible take pregnancy test before marriage, I doubt if I'm pregnant, because I have not been getting my period since 2 months, just to be on a safe side, can I go for a pregnancy test if so. What could be the procedure?
Hello! I have a tiny bump on the inside of my vagina and I was worried. I just had my checkup for STDs and my results were negative. What might this be?
After intercourse my wife feels irritation, itching and pain in her genital. She also don't get fully wet before and during intercourse. We are married since 2 and half years. Now we are planning for a baby and suddenly this problem appears. Please suggest.
I am 27 i'm suffering from pcod and I have pigmentation on my face around my neck under arms and inner thigh.
Hi doctors. I had sex with my girlfriend on 22 March and 24 was date of her periods which has not started yet. And the I didn't ejaculated inside her .now I am worried. What could be possible reason. What should I do. Please help me.
My bf said I'm have a broad vaginal opening. I was virgin, but is it possible to have a broad opening naturally. Also I started masturbating a year ago of my first sex tat to only clitoris masturbation never inserted anything.
Hi all I need some guidance actually in my first pregnancy I had miscarriage in 9 th month in July 2015 now I am again expecting twins but on my first ultrasound 7 week pregnancy doc said one baby has developed heart beat but it's missing in second twin so any idea what can happen to second twin please help.
Hello My wife is pregnant n she is having 7 month nw. What type of diet should she taken n also tell what step should we taken for normal delivery.
Vaginal rejuvenation is a surgical procedure or technique where the inner and outer muscles and structures around the vagina are surgically tightened. Remember that the vagina and surrounding tissues are composed of muscles and elastic tissue. With age and the process of childbirth, these go through a lot of changes. This could lead to changes in the way a woman experiences sex and improve her urinary function. All of this can affect overall health, both physically and emotionally.
Vaginal rejuvenation as a surgery helps to restore muscle tone, improve control and strength. It not just increases sexual pleasure, but can also relieve urinary incontinence.
Ideal candidates: Now, there are specific women who would benefit from this. They are:
- Women who desire a more youthful appearance and improved functioning of the vulva and vaginal areas.
- Women with weakened muscle tone and strength. This could be result of aging, trauma, genetics, or childbirth. In these women, the vaginal tissues are stretched and therefore have less tone and strength and poor control. The sexual experience may be less than satisfactory because of the laxity of these tissues.
Options: Rejuvenation of the vagina can begin with a nonsurgical option and progress to gradually invasive modes.
- The first option would be the Kegel exercise. This involves conscious effort on the woman to hold her breath and consciously control the pelvic floor muscle contractions. This can be done anywhere and often yields wonderful results.
- The second option is the laser wherein a beam of fractional laser light is used to heat the vaginal tissues to about 60 to 70 degrees Celsius. This increased heat causes neocollagenesis, which is the production of new collagen that is firmer and more elastic. The result is growth of a thicker, more youthful vaginal lining.
- The next option would be surgical where the vaginal tissues are surgically manipulated to remove excess, redundant tissue, or shaped to improve cosmetic appearance. This is often required if the pelvic floor muscles have separated. These exercises need to be followed up with Kegel for long-lasting results.
- Increases friction during sexual intercourse
- Improves control over vaginal tissues and muscles
- Improves sexual satisfaction
- Improves cosmetic appearance of the vaginal area
- Reduces internal and external vaginal diameters
- Strengthens the pelvic floor, and can also help relieve urinary incontinence
What to expect?
- This procedure may not be covered by insurance
- Get yourself in safe hands and be clear on what to expect. Expectation mismatch can be a big disappointment post-surgery, and there is nothing much that can be done about that aspect. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Serum Prolactin tested on 14th Aug'17 was 25.67 ng/ml for my daughter age 21 years student/unmarried.
Drooling saliva is an involuntary dripping of saliva with reduction in the sensory awareness necessary for swallowing it. This increased flow of saliva is medically termed as sialorrhoea.
There are various reasons for saliva to drool out.
Increased saliva secretion
Non-closure / improper closure of lips
Down position of head
Lack of coordinated action of muscles of face – while eating, speaking, etc.
Lack of proper movement of tongue / jaw while eating, speaking, etc.
Difficulty in swallowing the saliva
Lack or delay in developing skills related with lifting / turning head, eating, speaking.
Homeopathic treatment – Homeopathy can support one to ease the situation with comfort, Homeopathy has splendid medicines to improve quality of saliva secretions. It can control excessive saliva secretion by recovering normal glandular functions,modify secretions and can streamline saliva by enhancing facial muscles tone, power and nerve stimulations.
Homeopathic medicines commonly used for drooling are Acid nit, Acid Aconite, Anti crud, Apis mel, Ars alb, Arum triphyllum, Baryta carb, Baryta iod, Baryta mur, Bryonia, Calc carb, Cocculus, Hepar sulph, Hyoscyamus, Lachesis, Merc sol, Nat mur, Onosmodium, Opium, Phosphorus, Phytolacco, Pulsastilla, Rhus tox, Sanicula, Silicea, Sulphur, Veratrum alb, etc.
Dr Rushali Angchekar
vaibhavi homoeo clinic