Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gargi BanerjeeYour feedback matters!
My mother have a dark pigmentation around her eyes and forehead since 20 years. What should she do to remove it?
Hello. I have the problem of pilonidal sinus. It's been 2-3 years but I haven't discussed with anyone. But now want to know how can I get rid of it please suggest me the process of treatment. Thank you.
Chronic kidney disease or CKD is the decreased function of the function of the kidney for a minimum of three months or more. In this the end stage renal disease usually refers to the end of the kidney function where the kidneys work for less than 15% of what they are supposed to. The kidneys play a vital role in the human body and if they do not function properly then a person can die. The functioning of many organs depends on the kidneys. However, the main function of the kidneys is to remove the products and regulate blood and water, control blood pressure, promote healthy and strong bones, and produce hormones.
Here are 5 facts about kidney disease you should know about:
1. Causes of the kidney disease: There are two main common causes of the end-stage kidney disease. These are preventable causes. These are diabetes and high blood pressure, but then kidney disease can be caused by other inherited diseases such as infection, trauma or polycystic kidney disease.
2. Serious Stages: The kidney disease has five stages and stage 5 is known as the end stage renal disease; this is the point where patients usually need dialysis or kidney transplant to lead a sane life. The stages of kidney disease are:
Stage 1 – Slight kidney disease
Stage 2 – Mild decrease in kidney function
Stage 3 – Moderate decrease in kidney function
Stage 4 – Severe decrease in kidney function
Stage 5 – End stage renal disease
3. Detection of the disease: Kidney disease is usually difficult to detect because of the presence of very few symptoms. Age, gender along with the blood test is one way to determine information regarding kidney function. The people who are at a risk of getting kidney disease are:
- Over the age of 55 years
- People who suffer from hypertension and diabetes
- Ethnic groups such as Asians, Africans, Americans, Pacific Islanders and Hispanics
4. Signs and Symptoms: CKD is usually considered to be a silent disease and many people don’t know that they are suffering from the disease. The signs and symptoms of the disease are:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite
- Numbness and headaches in hand and feet
- Frequent urination
5. Renal Replacement Treatment: This is the treatment for the end stage of the kidney disease. Dialysis involves the replacement of some part of the lost function of the kidneys and is usually continued throughout life. There are 2 types of dialysis:
- Hemodialysis: This cleans the blood via an artificial kidney which is hooked to the machine
- Peritoneal Dialysis: This removes the excess water and waste products and cleans the blood of the body by using the peritoneal cavity as a filter.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Hello . I had some acne problem for the last few years .I consulted a dermatologist and completed the course he provided and it had been cured completely . But as this present season arrives I've noticed it kinda pops out . I get some reddish acne sort of on my cheeks which I am presently noticing the arrival of few .while I cleanse that portion one two even kind of pains . I am really tensed because if it continues it will look bad . Please help me with the best solution please . I have been using cetaphil cleansing lotion for all skin types as prescribed by my consultant .
HiHi I hv pimple marks on my face .n my skin is very prone to tan. So I just want a fair clean skin. So please prescribe me something . For permanent fair skin.
I was very fair some years ago. But due to the heat of sun in my city my skin colour turned dark. I used natural remedies like putting a mixture of multani mitti, milk, & lemon, Putting raw tomato juice, etc. But I see very negligible change. please help me to regain my old fair skin colour.
I have spotty rash over my triceps area. It is mostly red patchy area with many little spots. I'd just like to know what caused this and how I could get rid of it?
I have scars and damaged skin on my face due to pimples since 6 year. Is there any product or any thing which can remove or reduce them so my natural skin can be reappear.
I am a 22 year old boy and got hurt on my femur with someone's knees. I tried all home remedies but pain still exists. His knees strikes on my femur and the part got swollen but the bone is safe. I applied pain relieving sprays but still the part is swollen and became red. I'm having problem in walking like climbing slopping surface because have to apply a greater force to climb up. Please help me in subsiding the pain. One more question - my face is full of pimples. I drink enough water per day to fulfill the need of water and to keep my stomach cool. I take medicines for my pimples but they are not subsiding. Please give me tips so that I can restore my face to the original one. Thank you.
I have acne problem and increased at walk and when goings outside please consult me to secure healthy lifand oil free face glowing skin.
My friend is having dark circles under her eyes, they are getting darker and darker. How the are getting darker? What is the solution of it?
Colorectal surgery is a specialized branch of medicine used to treat patients suffering from colon, rectum, and anus ailments (damage, obstruction, injury, ischemia, inflammation, or any other medical condition). The colorectal surgery involves varied procedures that, at times, require the assistance of many specialized and experienced surgeons, consultants, and nurses (colorectal nurses).
Colorectal surgery help patients with:
- Crohn's disease: In this disease, there is weight loss, extreme fatigue, malnutrition, severe diarrhea, abdominal pain. Crohn's disease is mainly an inflammatory bowel disorder where the digestive tract (lining) gets inflamed.
- Ulcerative colitis: In ulcerative colitis, there is inflammation and ulcer formation in the rectum and the colon.
- Diverticulitis: In diverticulitis, there is inflammation of the diverticula or pouches (formed on the walls of the colon).
- Colorectal Cancer: Also known as bowel cancer and colon cancer.
Colorectal surgery is also helpful in case of:
- Anal fissures: In anal fissures, there is a tear in the anal canal (lining of the lower rectum). As a result, a person may experience extreme pain and discomfort in passing the stool.
- Bowel or fecal incontinence: In bowel incontinence, there is an uncontrolled bowel movement, resulting in a sudden (unexpected and uncontrolled) passing of stool.
- Hemorrhoids or Piles: It is a condition whereby the muscles and veins of the rectum and the anus (lower part) get swollen and inflamed. Piles are often accompanied by pain, bleeding, and itching. There is difficulty in sitting and in bowel movements.
- Rectal prolapse: In rectal prolapse, the entire rectal wall or the rectal mucosa protrudes out (loses its attachment).
Anal fistula and Anal abscess
Colorectal surgery can be of different types:
- Colostomy: It is a surgical procedure that links the colon to the abdominal surface through an opening called the stroma. This creates an alternative pathway for the removal of the feces. Colostomy comes in handy when the colon fails to function normally (due to a disease or an injury). A colostomy can be temporary or permanent:
- In a temporary colostomy, the damaged part of the colon is removed temporarily. Once the condition improves, the colon (part removed) can be reattached through a colostomy reversal surgery.
- In a permanent colostomy, the colon (damaged part) is removed permanently through surgery.
- Hemorrhoidectomy: As the name suggests, Hemorrhoidectomy is used to treat hemorrhoids or piles. In this procedure, the hemorrhoids are surgically removed through an incision (around the anus).
In PPH (Procedure for prolapse and hemorrhoids), the hemorrhoidal tissue is repositioned back into its original position (in the anus). Once repositioned, the surgeon trims the tissue causing pain and discomfort--
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Surgery: The surgery is an effective treatment for Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. Here, the surgeon removes the colon to treat the condition.
- Rectopexy: Rectopexy is beneficial for patients with rectal prolapse.
- Internal Sphincterotomy: This is helpful in case of anal fissures. To reduce the pressure, the surgeon makes a small cut is made in the internal anal sphincter. In Internal Sphincterotomy, the patient is normally given a local anesthesia.
- Colectomy: To treat diseases that may affect the colon, a surgeon may remove the entire colon (Total Colectomy) or just a part of it (Partial Colectomy). Colectomy may further be:
- Proctocolectomy: Both colon and rectum are removed.
- Hemicolectomy: The left or right portion of the colon is removed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.