Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
How we get free from dandruff and hair fall please tell me how I get free from it by natural medicine?
Hello am suffering from skin breakouts skin allergy as well as frm pimples frm six months. taking alopathic medicines. Bt they r getting worse. please help!
There is probably no person who doesn’t lose some hair every day. In fact, losing about 100 hair in a day is considered normal. But if there is a problem of hair loss running in your family, you are vulnerable to lose even more hair. And it can lead to bald patches and spots in a short time. Approximately, half of all individuals suffer from this type of hair loss by the time they reach 50.
What are the causes of hair fall?
Although it has been speculated that hair loss is quite common, it could be a difficult thing to live with, particularly because it alters the way a person looks. Some of the most common causes of hair fall include:
Family history: hair fall is often inherited, indicating that it passes down from one generation to another. This is termed as female-pattern or male-pattern hair loss.
Stress: the present work culture exposes all people to a lot of mental stress. Hair fall can also be caused by physical stress stemming from some ailment, high fever, and surgeries.
Chemotherapy: a powerful medication destroying cancer cells, chemotherapy is also known to wreak havoc on hair.
Wearing away: hair damage can be caused by pulling back the hair, braiding it too tightly, making tight ponytails or by using too much of hair dryer, hair iron or hair straightener.
Iron deficiency: hair loss would be inevitable if one does not maintain a proper diet, particularly if it lacks protein and iron.
Hair diseases: hair disorders like ringworm, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis and other conditions can lead to loss of hair.
Thyroid: both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism are known to cause hair fall.
How is hair fall treated?
If you have hair loss and you are looking forward to treating it, then your hair loss treatment would depend on the type of hair loss you are suffering from.
If hair loss is induced by some ailment that can be treated or is not going to last long, then your hair would grow back in some time. For instance, if hair fall is caused by thyroid conditions, then administering thyroid medications can help.
When your hair loss is caused by stress or any underlying medical condition or any medication, then you should try to alleviate it in order to notice desirable improvements.
In case the hair fall is triggered by some hair disorders, it is important to consult a dermatologist for comprehensive treatment solutions.
PRP for hair fall
PRP or platelet rich plasma is a very effective treatment for hair loss. It involves drawing out the blood from the patient’s body which is already rich in blood platelets. This blood is then concentrated to extract enriched blood platelets in the form of a serum. This serum is then injected into the scalp. Prp treatment can even be combined with hair transplant surgery, medication and micro needling to enhance their effectiveness.
Advantages of prp treatment for hair fall-
- It is a non-surgical procedure so you don’t have to be sedated with anesthesia.
- It is a short duration procedure as prp procedure lasts for 60 to 90 minutes.
- It is extremely reliable, safe and authentic.
- Time taken for recovery is very short. You will see noticeable results in less than a week after this procedure while getting to see marked improvements over the course for the next few weeks and months.
- Hair loss is controlled doesn’t recur after this procedure while the result looks very natural.
Non-eligibility for a prp treatment
- If you are suffering from malignancies or blood-borne diseases you should not go in for a prp treatment.
- If you have a current infection you might not be able to sit for a prp hair treatment.
- Patients suffering from cerebral palsy and parkinson’s disease are not eligible for a prp treatment.
- If you are currently pregnant or anemic, you shouldn’t opt for a prp treatment.
- If you are currently suffering from any form of skin diseases you shouldn’t opt for prp treatments either.