Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Hi I am a physically handicapped from the age of 5 years and currently I am 36 years old. I have curved spine problem. I cannot stand also. Others cannot see it. But for me sometimes sitting is very uncomfortable as the whole weight falls on left thigh and it's gives severe pain, I work in private company and sit for close to 12 hours continuously in a day. I want to know about the cure for this problem.
I read on the internet that Aloe Vera juice is good for application on eyes, so why can't I apply it on my eyes?
I am heaving pain in my eyes since two days and my eyes are also becomes red very early and sometimes they started paining and tear comes out from eyes automatically what should I do.
I am wearing specs since last two years. Is there any method to remove my specs without any surgery?
Hi sir, I loss my eye power. And I check my eye in hospital. Doctors say you need power glass. So choose one power glass with some future. Especially I like to add auto cooling glass option. But now problem is my friends say you used auto cooling glass you r under the eye area dark circles is formed. Now what I do? It is true?
I'm feeling much pain in my both eyes upper side. From yesterday night after gaming in my mobile for 2hours approx. What to do?
In my left eye, inside the eye lid, white coloured boil is forming since day before yesterday and it is increasing in size. It pains. What is it. Any treatment suggested? Plz.
Hello Sir my Age is 40 years from last 6 month I am facing eye problems. If I use PC and smart phone then I feel burning in eye and my eye becomes red. Dr. said it is due to dryness of eye please suggest treatment .
Computers, while wonderful, routinely stress your eyes. A name actually exists for this eyestrain—computer vision syndrome (CVS), and it’s often the No. 1 office health complaint.
You may have suffered from CVS symptoms after a long day at the ’puter yourself: fatigue, headache, dry eye, pain around the eyes, and trouble maintaining your focus. Your eyes are used to seeing sharp, well-defined details and contrasts, but computer screens flash soft images, which your eyes constantly try to put in better focus. Making a few minor adjustments to your screen time, however, can help you avoid CVS.
1. Use proper lighting. When on the computer, your ambient lighting should be about one-half that used in most offices. Bright ambient light causes glare. Reduce it by closing drapes, shades, or blinds and using lower-intensity bulbs. Also, try to position your monitor so the windows are to the sides of the monitor instead of in front or back of it.
2. Cut glare further. Install an antiglare screen, paint bright white walls a darker color with a matte finish, or use a computer hood.
3. Adjust the monitor. Position it 20 to 30 inches from your eyes or about an arm’s length away. The top should be at or below eye level.
4. Increase the font. If you constantly lean forward to read small type, switch to a larger font size, or zoom in to increase the page size.
5. Blink, blink, and blink. You blink about five times less than normal when on the computer, according to optometrist Larry K. Wan, OD, with the Family EyeCare Center in Campbell, California. This can trigger dry eyes. To keep your eyes well-lubricated, try this: Every 30 minutes, blink 10 times by closing your eyes very slowly as if falling asleep.
6. Take 10. Make sure to take a 10-minute break each hour. And every 30 minutes, do this exercise: Look away from the screen, and focus on a distant object for about five to 10 seconds. Or look far away at an object for 10 to 15 seconds and then nearby for 10 to 15 seconds. Go back and forth 10 times.
7. Do an eye meditation. Rub your palms quickly together until they feel warm. Cup them over your closed eyes. Feel the heat emanating from your palms, but don’t touch your eyelids. “You want complete blackness, and it takes about six minutes to get rid of any afterimages,” says Meir Schneider, PhD, LMT, of the School of Self-Healing in San Francisco. Sit quietly in this position, and slow your breathing to a steady rise and fall. This deep relaxation helps to soothe both eyes and body. Do this at least three times a day or whenever you need a quick eye break.