Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dipika DattaYour feedback matters!
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.
Free tongue movement in pre-verbal infants influences their perception.says Canadian researchers.
The results showed a teether inserted into the mouth of an infant has an impact on the tongue tip and blade movement influencing speech perception.
Speech perception is available even before infants accrue experience producing speech sounds.
I have 7yrs old son and he is suffering with adenoid transcle since 3yrs and he is taking prescribed medicines, now doctor advice is to go for surgery. Is it compulsary for the children. Once our doctor said that these transcles will cure automatically when the boy grows. Doubts ------------- 1) if the surgery is necessary how much it cost 2) after the surgery throat is effected or not 3) does it effect the other child.
My baby tended to look to the left and her head has become flat on left. Now she only wants to sleep on his right side and cries while I sleep her on her back. She is also uncomfortable in lap. Will it cause problems for her when she grows up. If yes what to do to correct the problem.
I am from palakkad, here it is 42degree Celsius hot, my Hus bought an A. C, I have a 6 month old baby, I want to know is it safe to use a. C for babies, which is best ceiling fan or air conditioner?
I became a mother newly and I am unable to feed my baby properly because I won't get a lot of milk to feed him.
My baby is 4 month old and as he rolling due to pressure on stomach he is vomiting a lot and his toilet is yellowish color proper but doing 3 to 4 times a day little little. Here he is drinking and then rolling and then vomiting. He is not vomiting milk but it's like dahi. Dr. he suggested perinorm 8 drops thrice a day is it safe to give him perinorm as I have read a lot of side effect of perinorm. If not safe then kindly suggest me the substitute for d same.
My 6.5yrs old boy is very thin and short.Hes not gainin weight since his birth.He had multiple probs wen hewas born like his lungs were not functioning.Wsonly 1kg at d time of his birth. At present his weight(11kg) is very less compared to.His age.So plz tel me wat to do to gain his weight n height
Conjunctivitis, also known as pinkeye, is a very common eye disease. Though it is not harmful, anyone suffering from this infection must consult a doctor and receive treatment so that it can be cured in 7 to ten days.
Conjunctivitis can be treated through a range of medical treatments. Usually, one goes to an optometrist but have you tried consulting a homeopathic for a change?
Advantages of Homeopathy
Natural medicine: Homeopathy is a natural form of medicine and is considered to be an alternative form of medicine. It would not aggravate the problem, but it would find a quick solution to relieve you from it. Allopathic medicines contain certain chemicals and drugs which might not be suitable for many individuals.
Can fight all the symptoms of conjunctivitis: This disease has some common symptoms. Some of them are redness, swelling of the eye, yellow discharges, water flow from the eyes, and others. These symptoms can be well managed by homeopathic medicines as well. These medicines work to heal the root cause of the disease and cure it.
You recover quickly: Usually it takes around a week to t10 days for conjunctivitis to completely heal. For this period, it is advised that the affected person stays indoors to avoid contamination and spread of the disease. Adhering to homeopathy can actually reduce the time span of this disease, thereby completely healing you in no time and so that you can go about your daily routine.
No side effects: Most medicines are made of drugs and chemicals and have various side effects. But with homeopathy being a naturally sourced medicinal option, the chances of having side effects are less. However, it is advisable to know beforehand if homeopathy suits you or not. If it does, then there are lesser chances of side effects.
The above factors have made it clear that conjunctivitis can be easily treated with homeopathic medicines. In case homeopathy suits you, then it might be a good idea for you to follow this course of medicine to treat this disease.
Homeopathic Medicines For Conjunctivitis
Here are the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for allergic conjunctivitis-
The dosage and the exact medicine varies from patient to patient and depends on the severity of the problem. This does not in any way mean that only these 5 homeopathic medicines that can be used in conjunctivitis. There are dozens of other medicines that are required at times depending on individual symptoms of the patient. It is always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before taking any such medication.
My age is 16 I am still slim My friends is tall and fat I want to became a good healthy person what I have to take?
Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.
Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.
During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.
10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:
1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.
2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.
3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.
4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.
5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.
6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.
7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.
8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.
9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.
10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.
So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.