Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Dipesh JaiswalYour feedback matters!
How my name is mnohar and I have the pain in my tooth only in night when I am in my dream so guide me yrr.
Gum disease is characterized by inflammation of the gums caused by the bacteria present in plaque (a colorless and sticky film on the teeth). This disease affects the soft tissue and the bones surrounding the teeth. The bacteria causes irritation in the gums leading to infection and bleeding, while brushing your teeth.
The symptoms of gum disease are bleeding gums, over sensitive gums, continuous bad breath, change in the normal placement of teeth etc.
Following are a number of reasons why gum diseases occur, some of them are:
- Prevailing diseases: Sometimes diseases, such as malignant tumors and AIDS can disrupt the immune system of the body. Due to the malfunctioning immune system, the gums become vulnerable to issues such as cavities.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption: Smoking and alcohol consumption cause problems in the gum tissue as the gums lose their ability to repair themselves effectively.
- Hormonal changes: Changes in behavior of the hormones in the body can increase sensitivity in the gums. This can make the gums prone to diseases.
- Not following proper dental hygiene: Not brushing and flossing on a regular basis can cause plaque accumulation in the teeth. The bacteria present in the plaque may cause gum diseases.
- Family history: If many people in the family have suffered from gum disorders, then your chances of getting gum diseases are relatively higher.
How can you prevent gum disease?
Gum diseases can be prevented by following proper dental hygiene. Brushing twice a day and flossing on a regular basis are the best methods of preventing gum diseases. Regular dental checkups are also recommended to identify any gum problems early and also prevent them. Modifications in lifestyle such as limiting smoking, eating a diet rich in antioxidants and reducing stress can also help in preventing gum diseases.
Severe cases of gum diseases may require surgery but mild cases can disappear by following a proper dental hygiene. Gum diseases have also been known to be associated with diabetes and heart diseases.
I lost my front teeth but now its get crowned. But the problem is I don't like the crown. The crowned teeth was so much bigger than next one. B'coz he do some crown lengthening for that teeth. Now he removed the crown last week. He asked to look for 1 Month for growing gum. Is it possible to grow gum back?
Mere mouth se bhaut smell aati hai kai baar cleanup bhi kra chuki hu pr koi fayada nahi hua, or mujhe teeth ki setting bhi krani hai.
I got ulcers many times in my mouth after every month or so it comes regularly. Can you suggest me something that I can cure it or I can protect it before it arise. It pains very badly?
Hi, am 29 years old, I have yellowish teeth after doing brush twice a day. Could you please suggest something to make them white ?
HI sir.I want help.My problem is my gum bleed is not tight.My teeth also little bit loose.So tel me any tips .Pls im dipressing for dis problem.My age is 25years.Please help me
i have rootcanaled and caped tooth two together in right side top row end, while eating meat goes between them, very difficult to take out, because of this tooth displaces and gives continues pain. please advise how clear immediately and precations.
Hi, I am 32 yrs old, male and I have a pain in my left gum (mouth) for last 1 months. What should I do.
I have pain in my mouth for 3 days. And it is growing more and more. What should I do to get relief from it?
Sir I am 16 years old my tooth is fully yellowish. Sir I am very sad I don't chew any type of tobaccos, so why it should be happen.
More than 5 million teeth are knocked out every year in children and adults. With proper emergency action, a tooth that has been knocked out of its socket can be successfully replanted and last for years. It is important to see a dentist as soon as possible after the tooth is knocked out. Quick action will increase the likelihood of saving the tooth.
Saving a Knocked Out Tooth:
1. Pick up tooth by the crown (the chewing surface) not the root:
Locate the tooth immediately; do not leave it at the site of the accident. The tooth should be handled carefully touch only the crown to minimize injury to the root.
2. If dirty, gently rinse tooth with water:
- Do not use soap or chemicals
- Do not scrub the tooth
- Do not dry the tooth
- Do not wrap it in a tissue or cloth
3. Reposition tooth in socket immediately, if possible:
The sooner the tooth is replaced, the greater the likelihood it will survive. To reinsert, carefully push the tooth into the socket with fingers, or position above the socket and close mouth slowly. Hold the tooth in place with fingers or by gently biting down on it.
4. Keep tooth moist at all times:
The tooth must not be left outside the mouth to dry. If it cannot be replaced in the socket, put it in one of the following:
- Emergency tooth preservation kit
- Mouth (next to cheek)
- Regular tap water is not recommended for long term storage because the root surface cells do not tolerate water for long periods of time.
5. See a dentist within 30 minutes:
Bring the tooth to a dentist as soon as possible, ideally, within 30 minutes. However, it is possible to save the tooth even if it has been outside the mouth for an hour or more.