Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dinesh Hawelia
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh HaweliaYour feedback matters!
It was really nice talking to him . He is really experienced and the way he talks makes things really easier
It was overall good experience. Good for all skin type problems.
Nice meeting with doctor and also staff..
With the growing importance on how a person looks, everybody is obsessed with trying to look younger and prettier. Skin that is flawless, glowing, and clear is not just something celebrities want but is every person’s dream. It is no wonder that the cosmetic industry has grown by leaps and bounds in terms of technology and chemical based treatments.
Talking of cosmetic skin treatments, two of the most common methods are chemical peels and microdermabrasion. Read on to know about these skin exfoliation techniques.
The skin has multiple layers, and with constant exposure to the environment, the top layers are constantly exposed to pollution and dust and sunlight. This makes the skin very dull and weary. There are also dead cells on the top, which need to be removed so that fresh cells from the underlying layers surface up to give the skin a fresh, glowing look. This is known as skin exfoliation.
Due to various reasons, when skin does not repair naturally, the role of chemical peels comes in play. This helps in removing these top layers, thus, in turn, removing the rough, dry layers and giving the skin, a good texture.
What is done?
- Skin is cleansed and a chemical is applied which penetrates the skin. These are usually enzymes from the fruits or vegetables or alpha hydroxyl acid or phenols
- The process is repeated multiple times with gaps of few days to help in fresh skin generation, depending on expected results
- Topical moisturizer and sunscreen should be used post treatment.
This is a physical exfoliation technique, in that the top layers are manually cleared of debris and dead cells. This produces instant results, but cannot be used in acute cases where the skin is inflamed or sensitive.
What is done?
- A crystal or diamond tip which has fine aluminum or diamond particles is used to abrade the skin
- This removes any dead cells and debris
- These are suctioned away
- The result is velvety, smooth skin which is soft, bright, and glowing
- Can also be combined with other rejuvenation procedures like laser
- Should be repeated on a monthly basis for optimal results
- It also helps penetration of topical creams and lotions, making them more effective.
While both are well-proven techniques for exfoliation, the treatment option is decided by the doctor by consulting the patient. Each person’s response to such treatments is different, so choose the treatment that will be most beneficial and effective for you.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Advancements in research have enabled scientists to make new inroads in the field of wound and tissue healing. The result of these researches is PRP, which is a natural way to rejuvenate your scalp, skin and stimulate your hair growth.
How does PRP Work?
The presence of mesenchymal stem cells and autologous blood products in human blood contain specific growth factors that assist in tissue regeneration and healing. PRP has been used to heal skin and wounds for over two decades now. Apart from this, it finds use in oral surgery, cosmetic surgery and neurosurgery as well. It is also the promising treatment to promote hair growth.
- It is a progressive healing treatment that doesn't require surgery.
- Simple, rapid and highly effective system.
- Autologous (from patient's own blood).
- The system is biocompatible and xeno-free, so there shouldn't be any safety concerns.
- An increase in the concentration of platelets can be observed.
- It helps in the elimination of undesired erythrocytes, which significantly decrease the fibroblast proliferation.
- Contains growth factors that help in the stimulation of growth of the hair follicles.
- Can be performed preoperatively, intraoperatively, or post operatively.
PRP Facial (Vampire Facial)
The vampire facial involves topical application of the PRP combined with aeration of the skin with Micro Needling. The platelet-derived growth factors stimulate a healing response that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while improving the skin’s tone and texture. PRP naturally improves all aspects of skin health:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves skin’s texture and tone
- Naturally increases collagen production
- Pore refinement
- Creates a natural glow
- Reduces acne scars
PRP Hair Restoration
PRP Hair Restoration is a non-surgical solution for hair loss in both men and women. Platelet Rich Plasma contains growth factors that naturally stimulate the development of new hair follicles while improving the health of existing hair follicles.
What to expect:
First, a blood sample is obtained and processed to extract the Platelet Rich Plasma. A topical anesthetic is applied to numb the area being treated. The PRP is then administered with a fine needle in a series of injections on the scalp.
Mild swelling and redness can be expected 1-2 days following the treatment. It is recommended to avoid vigorous activity until the swelling has subsided. There is no other downtime following the procedure. New hair growth can be seen as early as 2 months, but is typically evident between 5-8 months and will continue to improve up to a year after treatment.
Who should Not Have PRP treatment?
Those with heavy drug and smoking issue should avoid PRP. Also, those who drink a lot of alcohol should avoid PRP. Those suffering from platelets related ailments, sepsis, chronic liver disease, thrombocytopenia, hyperfibrinogenemia, systemic disorders and cancer should also stay away from PRP.
At length, PRP is a boon for all those who aren't fans of surgery or the ones who prefer a more aggressive but non-surgical approach for treatment to their ailments. The results might vary from patient to patient, but it is certainly one of the most promising technologies to stimulate hair growth and rejuvenate your skin, and the results are quite convincing. So decide wisely!
Lybrate | Dr Dinesh Hawelia speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY