Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dilip Kumar Banerjee
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip Kumar BanerjeeYour feedback matters!
I am 57 years old, asthmatic, diabetic with psychiatric problems. I am taking ayurvedic treatment for asthma and Theo-asthalin 1-0-1 as a backup. I also use Asthalin inhaler and Budecort inhaler regularly and hence the attacks are under control. For a mild attack I use Albutamol tabs 1-1-1 for three days and I get relief. If there is an acute attack, inhalers do not work. Then I use a nebulizer with Asthalin and Budecort respules and get good relief. If there is an infection, like having fever, then only I rush to a doctor, who will put me on an anti-biotic (azithromycin 500 mg 1-0-1 for 5 days), bronchodilator syrup, a de-constant and paracetamol for fever. At the present moment, I am free from attacks even though the weather in Bangalore is un-predictable. Due to the history of 57 years of asthma, my lungs are not functioning to its full capacity and hence I feel doing breathing exercises a bit tiresome, even though I am on it. During an asthmatic attack, I usually sweat, probably due to the fact that enough oxygen is not supplied to my body. Once, the attacks are controlled, sweating disappears and I will be able to do my day to day duties without any problem. But this malady has certainly made me handicapped and my moments and activities are restricted. Ayurvedic medicines are of great help to me. Coming to my psychiatric problem - I am having Depression, Anxiety and Schizophrenia. For depression cum anxiety I am taking Venlor XR 150 mg 1-0-0, Mirtaz 15 mg 0-0-1 and Clonazepam 0.25 mg 1-0-1. The symptoms are under control. For Schizophrenia I am taking Sizodon plus 0-0-1 and Sizopin 0-0-1. The symptoms are under control. There is a certain relationship between my asthma and my psychiatric illness. I get asthmatic attacks usually when I am disturbed and depressed. This is due to the fact that I lost my mother at an young age and was brought up by my grand father whose death in 1986 meant a trigger for asthma. Once, I took psychiatric treatment in 1987, the attacks became less frequent. Is my asthma psycho-somatic in nature? Please advice. Do the above mentioned anti-psychotic drugs trigger an attack and which of them are habit forming? Please confirm.
Both natural and homeopathic remedies can efficiently deal with lactose intolerance and thus you should check the reports of the patient for finding the best solution. You can choose any of these remedies or else can continue with both.
List of homeopathic medicines for treating lactose intolerance
- Aethusa Cynapium: The medicine helps in the digestion of milk so that unwanted stomach aches can be easily avoided. On the other hand, health condition of the kids can also be improved to a great extent using this medicine. Loose tools or green colour diarrhea due to dairy products can be prevented with care.
- Apis Mellifica: Milk allergies can be easily cured with this medicine and thus kids are often prescribed the drug by a homeopathic expert. A few symptoms are found in kids due to lactose intolerance like breathing difficulty, body itchiness, redness, swelling, skin rashes and others. All these symptoms can be treated by this homeopathy medicine.
- China Officinalis: This medicine is mainly prescribed to those kids for whom Apis Mellifica is not the suitable one. Flatulence, belching and bloating can be properly controlled or regulated by taking this drug regularly. Excessive mucus formation, chest's rattling sound and excessive coughing might occur with dairy intolerance and these symptoms might get severe. This is the reason the doctors often prescribe this medicine as the best option.
A few natural remedies for treating lactose intolerance
- Probiotics: These are specialized bacteria that not only help in improving digestion, but proper nourishment can also be gained.
- Coconut milk: This is now considered as one of the leading substitutes for different dairy products.
- Apple cider vinegar: Lactose intolerance signs can be completely eradicated along with the maintenance of body balance by consuming apple cider vinegar regularly. This is a natural product, and thus you can take the same regularly without taking a doctor's permission.
- Fermented products: Kimchi and Sauerkraut are those fermented foods that can create helpful bacteria as a result of which the gut can be re-populated and digestive system can be regulated. The symptoms will get reduced slowly with the consistent intake of these foods.
- Yogurt: This can be taken with meals as it is enriched with beneficial bacteria that can help in digesting different other dairy products. With the consumption of yoghurt, Lactose can be broken down naturally, and on the other hand, digestion can be improved.
Sir I am suffering from Tb and having my antibiotic. Medicines from last 2 months. But suddenly yesterday some bloods are there bleeding from my nose.
Tuberculosis refers to an infectious disease associated with the lungs, which is mostly caused by bacteria. There are two types of tuberculosis, that are pulmonary tuberculosis and extrapulmonary tuberculosis. There are various types under each type of tuberculosis. Here are some the possible treatments for both pulmonary and extrapulmonary tuberculosis.
What is pulmonary tuberculosis?
Pulmonary tuberculosis is a type of disease in which bacteria invade your lungs. It is possible that the bacteria in your lungs could kill you. However, fortunately if you have been taking the right medicines for your bacterial infection you can get cured immediately. The name of the bacteria which causes tuberculosis is known as the Mycobacterium tuberculosis. However, Mycobacterium tuberculosis can attack other parts of the body as well. When this happens, it is known as extrapulmonary tuberculosis.
What is extra-pulmonary tuberculosis?
Extrapulmonary tuberculosis is when tuberculosis affects in parts of the body other than the lungs. There are many parts of the body which tuberculosis can affect, including the lymph nodes, nervous system as well as the bone and joints. Luckily, it is easily curable.
Treatment for pulmonary tuberculosis
Firstly, it is worth noting that latent tuberculosis has no symptoms and there is no way you can pass it to another person either. However, it is still crucial that you take treatment for it. If you do not complete your treatment, then your tuberculosis will progress to a very dangerous form of tuberculosis. This is known as multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis is sometimes abbreviated as MDR TB. There are plenty of medicines which people are recommended to cure tuberculosis. These include:
Treatment for extrapulmonary tuberculosis
Extrapulmonary tuberculosis has pretty much the same symptoms as pulmonary tuberculosis. This is because extrapulmonary tuberculosis is the exact same disease which occurs to the patient, it is just that it affects a different body part. Therefore, the exact treatment recommended for pulmonary tuberculosis can be used to cure extrapulmonary tuberculosis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!