Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip ChakrabortYour feedback matters!
What is the safest period for unprotected sex, not using a condom with my gf. Is it fine to get involved in intercourse during periods?
My friend marriage is done since 1year 1month ago but he doesn't have a child. Since he is body builder and his wife is also good healthy one. They both don't have any type of problems in there body. So what will be the problem And what they can do to have a baby child. Doc.
My friend, she is not have periods yet? Is their any problem in delay of periods. This is the first time she had like this.
There is lot of pain in vagina while intercourse, what can cause this pain. It is a repeated issue since few months and not able to have sex. Please tell.
I am 9 month pregnant k (due date 9 august) and my amniotic fluid level is bit less around 10.7 last month (June) I am taking Gyargin powder for increasing fuild level. (From last 7 days) and my baby weight is around 2.5 from last week to this week (my baby 's weight not increased in last week ). Is there any complication in delivery or these are normal and I can deliver my baby normally. I don't want to have c section. What are chances of my normal delivery. Other information Hemoglobin is 12.3 Pwd (IR) 19.7.
1. Eat for good vision: green leafy vegetables, tuna, eggs, nuts, beans, oranges and other citrus fruits.
2. Quite smoking.
3. Wear sunglasses, uv protection
4. Avoid eyestrain.
Hello I was diagnosed wth 5 weeks pregnancy and later went for abortion my gynaeno suggest me for miferin kit, I used tge kit 24 hrs ago and had severe bleeding for just 8 hrs, but no stomach ache. I do have body pain and weakness, but bleeding is very light now no such severe bleeding is it normal? And also want to know if I can have sex now?
A marriage can go stale due to several reasons. If you blindly believe in the maxim, "marriages are made in heaven" you are still living inside a bubble. The gamut of difficulties faced in making a marriage work can leave newlyweds in complete awe. A marriage doesn't tiptoe on a tightrope between success and failure; it is more of a road taken towards happiness.
If your marriage doesn't fill you with contentment or you can sense the lack of bliss in your partner there are reasons to worry. Apart from the regular tiffs and grave contradictions a married couple could also bicker or part ways due to the non consummation of their marriage. At times only one person has to experience the toll of little sexual intimacy while at other times, both individuals suffer from its absence.
A newly wed couple fails to have sex for 3 main reasons:
- Male Issues: Erectile dysfunction (failure to get or maintain erection) and very early ejaculation before vaginally insertion.
- Female Issues: Either tight hymen or severe fear of pain & bleeding
- Position Difficulties: Surprisingly, many couples find it difficult to take proper position for sex as many do not have proper orientation of each other's body too.
Probable reasons behind non consummation of a marriage:
- Extreme exhaustion: Being very tired or exhausted can make you sexually inactive. One might be stressed due to work pressure. You or your partner could be tired of balancing professional and personal life. All these factors could lead to non consummation of marriage.
- Real or apparent rejection: In many cases only one person makes efforts to consummate the marriage. The partner may not directly decline your advances, but might not show much passion. This kind of passive response makes the other person feel rejected. You tend to avoid communication of such feelings and that complicates your situation. Along with lack of intercourse there arises a lack of love as well.
- Any kind of substance abuse: Addiction can deter you from performing in bed. Alcohol or drug abuse can reduce your sexual capabilities. There is also a range of medications leading to erectile dysfunction or vaginal dryness as a side effect. Having a physical inadequacy can make you recede from the idea of consummation.
- Lack of emotional attachment: Two people might have gotten married under societal or familial pressure. They may not feel love for each other or might not have anything in common to strike a chord of friendship. Lack of emotional attachment can prohibit the consummation of your marriage.
- Sexual trauma: A person might have experienced instances of sexual abuse in childhood or at some point of time in life. Such instances scar them forever; the scars could be deep enough to come in the way of intercourse after marriage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
She has underweight and complicated to reduce perhaps she has periods problem. Can she cure by treatment.
The inability to conceive for a prolonged duration after trying to do so is usually termed as infertility. This is usually diagnosed when a couple is unable to conceive even after trying regularly, without any kind of contraceptives. There may be many causes and factors for this and it may occur in either or both partners. So, you all need to know the causes and treatment of infertility.
- Age: Age is a major factor that can lead to infertility for either partner. Usually, the trend now is to delay having a baby until a woman is in her thirties or even forties, in some cases. This has an adverse effect, particularly on the age of the maternal egg which may or may not be effective as far as fertilisation goes. With the advancement of age, one loses the guarantee of genetic normalcy of the egg as well.
- Disorders in ovulation in females: Ovulation is an essential function that helps in releasing the egg that needs to be fertilised when it comes together with the sperm at the time of ovulation. This usually occurs at a certain time every month. But disorders like PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome can lead to an inability on the part of the ovaries to release these eggs. The treatment for this includes medication that will help in maintaining more regular cycles for the release of eggs.
- Male factor causing Infertility: In many cases, it has been seen that anomalies in the semen analysis reveal problems of infertility with males as of low sperm count, low motility of sperm, low quantity of alive and active sperm when it comes to natural conception. In such cases, a sexologist can prescribe you medicines that will increase the semen production for better quantity and quality of the sperm. The doctor can also ask the patient to go through a number of lifestyle changes too includes abstinence from smoking and excessive drinking, as well as the cultivation of a less stressful environment. Hormonal treatment or even surgery may also required to help in some severe cases.
- Endometrial Polyps: In such cases, the female partner may develop finger like growths that can protrude in the form of tissue and come out of the uterine layer or the uterus. The removal of these polyps with the help of surgical procedures usually helps in such cases.
In many cases where mediation fails, the patients may have to go through IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation) or other such procedures to conceive a child with artificial methods. One must explore all options and find out the best one in terms of the infertility causes that the couple may be facing. You will also need to ensure that you have a well trained and experienced sexologist doctor who can help you with the process and guide you completely about the cause of problem and prescribe you best treatment to manage infertility at the right point of time.
I am going through irregular period I have to get my date on 7th of march but I did not and my last period is on 7th of feb from feb to march 12 I am with my parent (no intercourse) after 12 th of march I am with my husband up to date are there any chances that I my conceive (pregnant)?
I was cuddling with my gf on 21 may. Later on at same time I inserted my penis in her vagina without protection 3_4 times but didn't ejaculate. What are the chances of pregnancy. Her last period starting date was 1 may.
My gf had unwanted 72 and she confused that she would got pregnant. She eat that pill after 2 hours of intercourse. Please help me.
Homeopathy is a slow form of treatment, but is has negligible side effects. This makes it safer to self medicate with light doses of homeopathy than an antibiotic. Homeopathy can be used for first aid, to fight common infections and as general constitutional remedies.
Here are a few common homeopathic medicines you should keep at home.
- Nux Vomica: Nux vomica can be safely used to treat gastrointestinal diseases, a loss of appetite, depression and migranes. The ideal dosage for nux vomica depends on the age of the patient, their overall health and several other conditions. Nux vomica can also be used to cure a hangover.
- Aconite: When taken at the onset of a cold, aconite can stop the virus from progressing further. Aconite can also be used for joint pain, gout, inflammations and to speed up the healing of wounds. Apart from the pill form, aconite can also be used as a cream.
- Arnica: If you have kids at home, arnica is a must have. It is the most common homeopathic remedy for bruising, accidents, injuries and shocks. It can also be used to treat arthritis and the pain that follows dental work and jet lag. Arnica can also be used to promote hair growth. Depending on its use, arnica can be used in the form of pills, cream or oils.
- Cantharis: Cantharis is an ointment that should be kept in every kitchen. It is the most effective anti inflammatory cream to treat burns of any kind. When a burn is treated with cantharis, it leaves minimal scars. It can also be used to treat urinary tract infections. Cantharis is usually used as a cream.
- Magnesia phosphoric: This is a must have for women. It can be used to treat any form of cramps including menstrual cramps. It can also be used to treat tiredness, headaches, nerve pain, insomnia and to help a person relax. Magnesia phosphoric is usually prescribed in the form of homeopathic pills.
- Rhus tox: Rhus tox is a common homeopathic remedy for muscle sprains and bruising. It is also beneficial for people suffering from back aches, arthritis, sciatica and body aches associated with the flu. Rhus tox is usually found in the form of homeopathic pills.
One should not do any type of self medication, however, you should check with your homeopathic practitioner about the dosage and frequency of consumption. Do not take it for granted that homeopathy has no side effects and take a more intense dose than required. Also store these medicines properly. Ideally, homeopathic medicine should be stored in a cool place without direct exposure to sunlight or extreme heat or cold.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathy and ask a free question.
As many people use to say. Does having sex position determines the sex of the child? And the rate of making pregnant soon?
Agar din me 2 ya 3 bar sex karta hu to kya hoga agar koi masturbate h to medical me koi problems to nhi hoga.Please tell.
After 4 years of marriage I got conceived and within 2 months doctor did dnc as there is no heart beat for baby now 5 months has gone and still I am not getting conceived no sugar for me doctor is suggesting me to do IUI double times. Before getting conceived I did 3 times IUI which resulted in failure. Doctor is saying that before you did IUI you dint get pregnant. Now after abortion there is chances of getting conceiving. I am taking ovashield ecosprin -75 mg folic acid and metformin 500 mg for two times as there was pcod before but now no pcod now. And also labetalol tablet for bp since I am having slight bp. My age is 34. I did tube test before getting conceiving and that time everything was clear. please advice can I do IUI for double times. Already 3 times failure that too before getting pregnant. Now 5 months has completed post abortion or should I have to do tube test again please advice.
Have you switched to diet drinks from regular ones considering your weight or calorie intake? it probably is not the right choice. The reason is drinking diet beverages harms your body and will only result in more weight gain.
Although diet beverages are calorie free, they are added with artificial sweetener called aspartame which is reportedly 200 times sweeter than table sugar. This chemical adversely affects many body functions.
Effects of diet beverages on body in this list might suggest why you should continue your regular beverages occasionally, instead of shifting to diet drinks.
1. Increases belly fat
According to studies, the people who drank diet beverages showed increased waist size than the ones who drank the regular sugar drinks. The reason is believed to be the artificial sweetener and changed attitude towards food habits as the diet beverages easily justify high calorie food like burger, fries etc in turn. This is a concern as increased visceral fat, a body fat stored within abdominal cavity, is associated with increased risk of heart diseases and type 2 diabetes, the most common diabetes related to problems with insulin regulating the blood sugar.
2. Damage to brain
Aspartame is also known to damage brain by affecting the nerve cells and nerve endings in the cerebellum which are important for motor skills.
3. Low bone density
Drinking diet drinks lead to low bone mineral density and osteoporosis especially in females. Pelvic bone is most commonly affected in women by regular consumption of diet beverages.
4. Harmful for teeth
The diet beverages also contain large volume of citric acid which causes tooth erosion destroying tooth enamel in the regular users. The risk is comparatively less in the regular sugar drinks users.
5. Side effects
As aspartame may also interfere with different activities of brain, there are many side effects of diet drinks like headache, change in vision, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, memory loss, depression etc.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
If someone has pcod than what are the problems a women can suffer form? And if she had pcod then she can be pregnant or not?
If you need a remedy for itching, try the following natural cures:
Sufferers of chronic itchy skin should seek medical attention to rule out any underlying cause or disease. Typically, health care professionals will treat itchy skin with hydrocortisone cream or, in some cases, prednisone steroids. If you need help finding an effective herbal or organic remedy, a physician practicing holistic medicine may be a suitable match to treat your itching skin.
Coconut oil/lemon juice:
A mixture of equal parts coconut oil and lemon juice is believed to reduce inflammation and remedy itch. For ease of application, fill a spray bottle with the mixture and apply liberally as needed.
Oatmeal is one of the most popular natural remedies to relieve itching. Add two cups of uncooked oatmeal to warm bathwater and soak for 15-20 minutes.
Any topical rub containing menthol, such as vick's topical
Vaporub will immediately help an itch subside.
Aloe vera gel:
A natural cure-all, aloe vera gel can be applied liberally as needed to itchy skin, it will naturally soften and cool the tender skin.
Baking soda is a useful and effective home remedy for itching. To make a baking soda paste, mix together baking soda and water to desired consistency, and rub on affected areas as needed to treat an itch.