Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip BazajYour feedback matters!
Urine incontinence is a condition that can be caused by one's everyday habits, side effects to medication, or any other long-term physical ailments. A thorough check-up by your doctor can help in getting to the root cause of this condition.
Certain beverages, medicines and foods can act as diuretics. This leads to bloating in your bladder and an increase in the volume of your urine. They include the following:
- Decaffeinated tea or coffee
- Aerated drinks
- Artificial sweeteners
- Corn syrup
- Drinks that contain high doses of artificial flavours, sugar or acid, particularly citrus based beverages
- Heart medicines, narcotics, and muscle relaxants
- Extensive intake of vitamins B or C
- Urinary tract infection (UIT)
Urinary incontinence can also be caused by the following:
- Pregnancy: Hormonal changes and increasedweight of the uterus can cause stress incontinence (Learn more about healthy pregnancy).
- Childbirth: Delivery can weaken the muscles required for bladder control. It damages the bladder nerves and steady tissue. With prolapse, the uterus, bladder, or the intestine can be pushed down from their usual position and might even protrude into the vagina.
- Changes developed with age: Maturing of the bladder muscle can weaken the bladder's ability to store urine.
- Menopause: After menopause,women deliver less estrogen. Disintegration of these tissues can cause incontinence.
- Hysterectomy: In women, the same muscles and tendons support the bladder and uterus. Any surgery that removes the uterus may harm the supporting muscles, which can prompt incontinence.
- Expanded prostate: Particularly in older men, incontinence usually occurs from growth of the prostate organ, a condition known as considerate prostatic hyperplasia.
- Prostate cancer: In men, stress incontinence or urge incontinence can be connected with an untreated prostate disease. Incontinence is a reaction to medicines prescribed for prostate growth.
- Obstruction: A tumour in your urinary tract can disrupt the typical stream of urine, prompting flood incontinence. Urinary stones at times cause leakage of urine.
- Neurological disorders: Various sclerosis, Parkinson's illness, stroke, a mind tumour or a spinal damage can meddle with the nerve signals. These are important in keeping control of the bladder.
Your specialist may suggest the following:
- Bladder control: You may begin by attempting to hold off for 10 minutes each time you feel a desire to urinate. The objective is to extend the time between visits to the toilet until you start urinating in two to three hour intervals.
- Two-fold voiding: Twofold voiding implies urinating, then holding it for a couple of minutes and attempting once more. This exercise can help in leveraging better control in the long run.
- Fixed toilet time: You may attempt to urinate every two to four hours instead of sitting tight when the need arises.
- Liquid intake and diet: You may need to stay away from liquor, caffeine or acidic foods. Also, the fluid intake may have to be reduced in such cases.
Hi doctor, please let me know is there any treatment for kidney failure apart from dialysis and transplant. My creatinine is 7. 4.
Hi all, I am male 27 years old 176 CM tall & weigh 78 kg. My all blood and urine report is normal. And creatinine stays between 1.2 to 1.3. Doc said its normal. Need not to worry. But also I am worried if its a bad sign. Please advise.
I am 59 years old and I have multiple sebaceous cysts on my scrotum. Any medicine for removal of the cysts. Can a urologist remove them surgically. Also my prostate enlarged 36 cc. PSA is 0.4. Please advise. Thanks.
My prostate size has gone to 146 gms. Urination in the mornings is intermittent. Please suggest some medicine for free flowing urination and reduction in size of Prostate gland. Rajan Tandon.
Hi As previously I have ask that my father have go through a operation of stone and structure in urinal panel and they become absolute right but after 20 days when they remove the urinal pipe, the infection takes place where TLC is 12000 cells and the doctor described injection mag ex (Pfizer) but the patient can't bear and become ill 3 times after taking injection and after that we consult doctor and they prescribed new injection whose full description is- Inj cilanem (sun pharma) 500mg iv in 100 ml normal saline to be started 8 hrly. Stop magnex. So kindly reply fast and told me that whether this dose is right for somewhat infected person. Somebody tells that this dose is for ventilator person. Kindly help.
Hi, I am 26yrs, male. In January I was diagnosed with bilateral mild hydronephrosis with 4 mm stone in both kidneys, and cystitis. Used ayurvedic syrups, tablets and antibiotics. Took 4 dose of gentamicin injection for 2 days. During injection time suffered from severe head ache, vomit sensation, no urination for 1day. Then next day done ct scan kub which found to be normal. But after few days onwards I use to experience abnormal urination (sometimes frequent, sometimes less). Even though not eating spicy foods urine becoming acidic pH 6 after used citrate syrup pH came to 7. Getting leg cramps. For which using vitamin d supplement. At present symptoms: less urination pain from back to front of abdomen. Pain near bladder. Reports results: cue: specific gravity: 1.005 pH: 6 serum creatinine: 1.0 urine osmolarity: 85. Doubt's: I know serum creatinine 1.0mg is normal but why its increased from 0.7mg. Ultrasound kub is normal why specific gravity is low? why urine osmolarity is low? why urine pH decreasing to 6? why getting abdomen pain? kindly please answer is there any hidden problem? once again shall I go for ct scan abdomen contrast? Thanks, with regards.
I am having pain in my right side of kidney for 2-3 days. But it's not that much high a little bit only for sometime. Do I have got stone in my kidney?
I have Problem of Anal Fisher. But good thing is that I do not have a Bleeding problem. So please Suggest me. Cream or medicine for anal fisher. Bcoz.it is very painful during the stool in the morning. please reply me.
I have some pain, itching and burning while urination and their is white like always present under the foreskin from last 30 days I go to doctor he said is it blantisis but I do not get relief from his prescribe medication it can be a serious problem I had protected sex 2 month ago please suggest me some homeredies how to get relief from that problem I need to worry for that or it is normal.
I have done urine r/e test. 6-7 crystals came in my report in 15 ml urine sample. Is this create further stones in kidney. Or it is normal.
I have stones in kidneys 10 mm stone in right kidney and 6 mm stone in left kidney. I am from so much suffering stone pain. What can I do?
Will 4.4 mm kidney stone will get cured with the help of home remedy? I am having kulthi seeds water soaked whole night and pine appl juice and coconut water is it okay to have pine apple, coconut water, roti, rice and kulthi to dissolve my 4.4 mm kidney stone.
Female/ 35 years old/ mild to severe burning sensation while urinating since past couple of years. It reduces, if my daily water intake is more than 4-5 ltrs. Since past week, having pain in the pelvic area together with the burning sensation (while urinating). Have consulted couple of good doctors in the past. As per them, it's just infection. After taking antibiotics, it gets suppressed, but comes back again after week or so. Kindly advise.
I am 60 year old but mene ultra sound kraya to usme gadud bade huye aye h or Dr. bola ya nalki lagwou ya operation krna honga urine kam kam araha h ruk ruk kr sir iska davai se solution ho skta h kya.
Acute kidney failure is a condition in which the kidneys suddenly lose their ability to function properly. Acute renal failure (ARF) occurs when direct damage to the kidneys, which causes a sudden loss in kidney function. The disease also is caused by lack of blood to the kidneys, drug abuse and inflammation.
Other cause or many reasons, including:
- Blood-clotting disorders
- Decreased blood flow caused by low blood pressure
- Autoimmune kidney disorders
- Urinary tract infections
- Complications from pregnancy
Acute kidney failure is often reversible, with complete recovery of kidney function.
Some patients are left with residual damage and can have a progressive decline in kidney function in the future.