Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhrubajyoti Roy
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dhrubajyoti RoyYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old aur mujhe last 3 weeks sie mere gale m halka sa dard h aur jab me sans leta hu toh gala suka suka. Sa lagta h dard vaise toh halka sa h aur kabi kabi hi hota h maine medical se viscodyne-D li ti liking . Abi bhi vaisi hi h please koi medicine btaye.
As am taking treatment for tuberculosis from 7 month I am feeling more tired and more headache daily. Could you please advise why this happening.
I have been suffering from frequent tonsil swells and cough problems. I have taken azithromycin tablets as prescribed by my doctor but it doesn't seem to help. Please advice.
How to get rid of cold and cough? I am having severe cold and cough for more than month. I tried all the medicines. But still it is not getting cured.
My Wife, 33 years old, Thyroid patient [50 mcg thyronorm tablet daily empty stomach],Resident of Bangalore. She starts coughing suddenly when there is a weather change. It is always a dry cough. Once the coughing starts, with no cough coming out, she cannot control and continues for around 7~8 minutes, causing lot of headache and chest-pain. One unique observation is whenever she lies down, this coughing happens 7/10 times. If she eats ice-cream in Bangalore, her throat gets affected, but when she eats ice cream in Assam, the throat is alright. Please advice.
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.