Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dhrubajyoti MridhaYour feedback matters!
I have 2 daughters 7 and 9 we all in the family are on the heavier side my elder one has nose bleeding and stomach worms problem is it ok to give her safi.
My child (2 years old) is having blisters in throat due which he had fever which has now subsided but he is not eating or drinking anything. Due to this he is getting irritable. Currently Doctors has prescribed Zytee which is a pain relieving gel, Maxtra and azithral. What could be a better medicine for his blisters.
Hi I have 10 days old baby. And my wife says that He has a gilti on the super side of head. What is the issue for it.
My baby boy age is 24 month and 18 days. From the last 10 days he is very much crying when we wear clothes and tie his hairs. He is behaving very weird and crying continuously for an hour or two hour. He is not speaking more just few words he spoke maa , baba , nahi,…. I am a working women and some time I had to send him with his grandmother to our home town. Lastly he had gone alone with her on 11 aug 2016 and after coming (20-aug-2016) their he is behaving like this. Pls help me to solve my baby problem.
My 4 month baby suffer from cough. I consult with the doctor she prescribed levolin syrup and tusq. But no relief both them please any other medicines.
My 9 months baby boy is of 7.6 kg and very poor in having food, milk and sleeping 10 hours only. please advice how he can gain weight.
Hello Doctors, Could you please suggest like can we give cow milk to my son (2 months and 6 days ) since my wife is not having breast milk so currently we are giving similac advance 1 so we have a question like for cow milk? Thanks for your valuable suggestions for the further follow up.
Should ragi malt be avoided when the baby is having cough and fever. What is the diet to be followed when 8 month old baby is having cough and fever.
Yellow sticky discharge coming from left eye of my 50 days old baby. What is the reason for it? What to do for it?
I want to know a complete diet plan for my 4 months baby what to feed and when the correct time he doesn't take breastfeeding.
Hi sir I have a 4 month old daughter who is suffering from hydrocephalus what are the treatment and where it possible.
Kawasaki disease is a rare condition that mainly affects children under the age of five. It's also known as mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome?
She is 8 years old child and her growth is not normal (3" 9 inch)and she is having unwanted hairs on skin. please suggest what we can do for it.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.