Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Dhruba BhattacharyaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Cbc are high in number urine and sugar test report is Normal but yes there is some kind of infection in blood Xray of chest done nd reports are normal
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be well-reasoned. Yes she already have specs, but when she Woking on computer for long time she'll get eye pain... That's why i asked does that eye drop work or not??
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be knowledgeable. Will sure check my sugar level & will start the medicine suggested by Dr Bhattacharya. Thanks a lot to him.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Thanks For your advice, Today i visited a dermatologist - Ha gave Sebifin Plus, cetcip-l & Mesodew Soap
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Then suggest me what to do now to get rid of this situation please sir.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be knowledgeable. if he could recommend me any cream so itt would be more better for me
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are very helpful. No sir mujhe fever nhi aa rha....or mera weight b 4 kg badha h. Thankyou very much sir
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are sensible. doctor i had periods on Nov 14th and it lasted for only 2 days heavy bleeding
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Thank a lot Lybrate & Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya sir.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. I will consult a doctor as soon as possible
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are very helpful and caring. Feed back is useful. Thanks to all doctors
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. This is like as Oayasis in desert!!!
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be saved my life. Thnx for giving me helpful advice
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Thank you doc... Thank u very much
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are caring. Sir kya ye fayedemnd h or iske kya reasons ho skte hai
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be practical. Thank you Very much for your help.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be caring. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Thanks sir give me solution
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are well-reasoned. Thnk u doc . Will this show effect fast?
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are very helpful. It was grt tablet name is crya ryt
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are helped me improve my health. Thank you so much :)
I had sex with my husband after that I have itching problem at outer part of vagina. Is it serious problem or not. Please suggest me what I do.
Sir I have color blindness. I want to know whether there is any treatment for this. Also if not what career should I go for as I had non medical stream.
Hi Doctor, Am 31 years old male who wish to reduce my weight. Kindly tell me my ideal weight. Presently am off 93 kg and height is 169 cm. What will be the best thing that I should follow to reduce my weight?
I am 24 years old. I had fever one month back and it took about 2 weeks to recover. Now again after 18 days I am having fever from 4 days. All my tests are normal. Doctors guessed it to be viral fever. Is coming of fever again normal with viral fever? If not, what should I do?
I am 88 yr. Old male, suffering from sever body itching for last couple of years which is now diagnosed "intense pluriritus" Is it treatable? If so where and how? Rajendra Gwalior.
Sir I had telogen effluvium cycle in every 5 years, this time it started around July 2017, I wanted to get my hair straightening and smoothening done, so I wanted to ask if it should be done or not? I suffered telogen effluvium 3 times in my life till now. Also if you can provide a solution for same? How can telogen effluvium be avoided, it would be really helpful. Eagerly waiting for your reply. Thanking you Sincerely.
Last night I had sex with my wife. And she is a 2 months pregnant. Today I am having itching at the tip of my penis and my foreskin of my penis is lightly swelled up. And inside it looks like it soaked appearance. Please advice what could be the issue and this is the first time I am having this issue.
Cholesterol is a fatty substance made by the liver and distributed throughout the body. It plays an essential role and is an important ingredient in the various hormones. Most of the cholesterol is made by the liver, and only about 25% is received from the foods that are consumed.
Based on the density of the cholesterol molecules,
- High density lipoprotein (HDL) which is the good cholesterol
- Low density lipoprotein (LDL) which is the one to be worried about
- Very low density lipoproteins (VLD) which is very bad for health
How it evolves:
Almost all the body systems are affected when there are increased amounts of cholesterol in circulation. The evolution is outlined below.
- Cholesterol circulates in the body normally, and because of its density, it moves sluggishly compared to the other components in the blood.
- Gradually, they settle down along the walls of the blood vessels. This is known as atherosclerosis or plaque formation.
- Over a period of time, this settled plaque accumulates more cholesterol molecules from circulation and continues to grow in size and volume.
- With time, minerals are also attracted and therefore there is hardening of this mass. What also happens is these are along the blood vessels and therefore it becomes narrow, limiting the blood supply.
- When the target organs are vital ones like the brain, kidney, heart, etc., their functioning is affected.
- There could be reduced blood flow to the brain leading to stroke. There could be paralysis on one or both sides depending on which side and part of the brain is affected
- Reduced blood flow to the heart can cause heart attack. They present with severe chest and jaw pain, profuse sweating, and nausea. If left untreated, this can lead to death.
Causes of increased cholesterol: High cholesterol levels can be detected by simple blood tests, which can also identify the type of cholesterol that is increased.
- Modified dietary patterns with increased amounts of saturated fat and sugars
- With obesity on the rise, more and more sugar is converted into fat, thereby increasing the cholesterol levels
- A sedentary lifestyle which has a combination of increased sugar and trans fat consumption with reduced physical activity leads to accumulation of cholesterol
- Stress increases cholesterol as it induces poor eating habits
- Genetic predisposition is another reason for a person to develop high levels of cholesterol. Like obesity, high cholesterol also runs in families.
Treatment: Reducing weight, dietary monitoring, and medications is the way to go. This requires extreme commitment and determination from the individual, as it is not just about reducing it once but to maintain that optimal level going forward.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!