Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Dhruba BhattacharyaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be well-reasoned. Yes she already have specs, but when she Woking on computer for long time she'll get eye pain... That's why i asked does that eye drop work or not??
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Thanks For your advice, Today i visited a dermatologist - Ha gave Sebifin Plus, cetcip-l & Mesodew Soap
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Then suggest me what to do now to get rid of this situation please sir.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be knowledgeable. if he could recommend me any cream so itt would be more better for me
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are very helpful. No sir mujhe fever nhi aa rha....or mera weight b 4 kg badha h. Thankyou very much sir
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are sensible. doctor i had periods on Nov 14th and it lasted for only 2 days heavy bleeding
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Thank a lot Lybrate & Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya sir.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. I will consult a doctor as soon as possible
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are very helpful and caring. Feed back is useful. Thanks to all doctors
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. This is like as Oayasis in desert!!!
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be saved my life. Thnx for giving me helpful advice
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Thank you doc... Thank u very much
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are caring. Sir kya ye fayedemnd h or iske kya reasons ho skte hai
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be practical. Thank you Very much for your help.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be caring. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Thanks sir give me solution
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are well-reasoned. Thnk u doc . Will this show effect fast?
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are very helpful. It was grt tablet name is crya ryt
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are helped me improve my health. Thank you so much :)
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya to be very helpful. Thank u so much
Dr. Dhruba Bhattacharya provides answers that are helped me improve my health. Thank you doctor
Cholesterol is a fatty substance made by the liver and distributed throughout the body. It plays an essential role and is an important ingredient in the various hormones. Most of the cholesterol is made by the liver, and only about 25% is received from the foods that are consumed.
Based on the density of the cholesterol molecules,
- High density lipoprotein (HDL) which is the good cholesterol
- Low density lipoprotein (LDL) which is the one to be worried about
- Very low density lipoproteins (VLD) which is very bad for health
How it evolves:
Almost all the body systems are affected when there are increased amounts of cholesterol in circulation. The evolution is outlined below.
- Cholesterol circulates in the body normally, and because of its density, it moves sluggishly compared to the other components in the blood.
- Gradually, they settle down along the walls of the blood vessels. This is known as atherosclerosis or plaque formation.
- Over a period of time, this settled plaque accumulates more cholesterol molecules from circulation and continues to grow in size and volume.
- With time, minerals are also attracted and therefore there is hardening of this mass. What also happens is these are along the blood vessels and therefore it becomes narrow, limiting the blood supply.
- When the target organs are vital ones like the brain, kidney, heart, etc., their functioning is affected.
- There could be reduced blood flow to the brain leading to stroke. There could be paralysis on one or both sides depending on which side and part of the brain is affected
- Reduced blood flow to the heart can cause heart attack. They present with severe chest and jaw pain, profuse sweating, and nausea. If left untreated, this can lead to death.
Causes of increased cholesterol: High cholesterol levels can be detected by simple blood tests, which can also identify the type of cholesterol that is increased.
- Modified dietary patterns with increased amounts of saturated fat and sugars
- With obesity on the rise, more and more sugar is converted into fat, thereby increasing the cholesterol levels
- A sedentary lifestyle which has a combination of increased sugar and trans fat consumption with reduced physical activity leads to accumulation of cholesterol
- Stress increases cholesterol as it induces poor eating habits
- Genetic predisposition is another reason for a person to develop high levels of cholesterol. Like obesity, high cholesterol also runs in families.
Treatment: Reducing weight, dietary monitoring, and medications is the way to go. This requires extreme commitment and determination from the individual, as it is not just about reducing it once but to maintain that optimal level going forward.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
We done intercourse on 16 and 17 january. And my last periods was 2 - 8 janry but february month periods are not coming yet. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
I am 36 years old from past 6 months my penis foreskin is not going back and past 3 months there is some kind of white layer is forming on the penis forehead and it is itching a lot .i am notable to do sex with my partner Kindly give me a solution.
He has not undergone any health checkup in last few years. Although he is experiencing no such issues but for general checkup, what health check ups are recommended as per his age and weight?
I took unwanted 72 on first day of periods itself because it didn't came and mine is always accurate, also 72 hrs were passing by. I took home pregnancy test and was negative but on the same used kit I again kept urine after few hours and the second light line appeared. I am totally confused please help. May I take mifepristone if pregnancy is confirmed? Thank you for your help sir.
My right kidney is smaller (56 mm) in size than the left one by birth Is there any problem affecting health.
I’m a 21 years female having skin problem. I had itching in my pubic area. I got treated for it as fungal infection with candid cream. It lessen but it reappeared and again got treated. If I scratch the skin will open and dry, and peel if I scratch. Problems are continuing, the skin in pubic area please help.
My wife is a diabetic since last 10 yrs. And maintained 180 pp n 130bfp ,currently she having fever 100. 5f since last 5 days there is no dengue positive, or malaria, then what type of fever is this no pain in body or aches, headache etc.
IM suffering from dhobi itch the itching is spreading around my genital organs please help. My doctor said its fungal infection and gave an injection and a cream its name is cluster-GM (CLOBETASOL, NEOMYCIN,CLOTRIMAZOLE) cream from two months im not recovered. Itching is troubling me. Now im so feared about this since it is not going after two months. Can you please suggest some tablets. Im also following a good hygiene now .i got to this problem after my trip to madkeri tourist place in karnataka there is always a rainfall there. However I firmly believe in Lybrate now. Please suggest it will be greater help for me.
Coughing is a common problem of the respiratory tract and often indicates a deeper problem. It can be very irritating and can affect eating habits and socialization. A cough which persists for more than 4 weeks is believed to be chronic in nature. Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common cause of chronic cough in India. TB is an airborne bacterial infection caused by the organism - 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis', that primarily affects the lungs, although other organs and tissues may be involved. Cardinal features are:
- Chronic cough with or without sputum.
- Fever more in the night time.
- Poor appetite.
- Unintentional weight loss.
Read on to know about other common causes of chronic cough and how to manage them.
- Allergies: People with allergies usually have a chronic cough, which gets aggravated when exposed to the allergens such as pollen or environmental dust. Staying away from allergen provides relief. Antihistamines are also useful, which most people detected with allergies keep in handy. Inhalers might be required, if there is associated congestion or shortness of breath.
- Asthma: This is a very common chronic condition, caused by inflammation and swelling of the lungs, in addition to wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma patients often suffer from a chronic cough. An asthma attack usually happens during the night or early morning, and is triggered by colds, cigarette smoke, air pollutants or allergens, which can even include certain foods. Most asthmatics usually carry their steroids, inhalers, and bronchodilators, as the onset of attack can be unpredictable.
- Bronchitis: This condition of inflammation of the bronchial region is very common among smokers and among the elderly. There is excessive mucus accumulation, which the body tries to clear via coughing. The lungs are weakened and therefore, the coughing is painful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a problem of the digestive system, but regurgitation of food into the airway induces cough. GERD is a chronic issue and so most people also end up with a chronic cough. It is worse with sitting up than with sitting down. Treatment includes H2 blockers to suppress acid production and dietary changes including small, frequent meals and avoiding spicy food items.
- Upper airway cough syndrome: There could be multiple problems in the upper airway, which leads to a constant postnasal drip. Here, there is constant dripping of the sputum into the air passage, which can lead to a chronic cough whenever there is impaired air flow. This can be caused by various forms of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis. People diagnosed with this condition usually resort to antihistamines and decongestants for relief.
- Other causes: There are a number of other causes as noted below. Smoking, tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, pertussis or whooping cough, foreign body in the airway, cancer in the airway passage, chronic aspiration of foods, etc. can all lead to chronic cough.
The key is to identify the reason that is causing the chronic cough. Most people who are diagnosed are educated to handle it and carry the required medications including steroids, bronchodilators, and inhalers. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!