Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Dhiraj Kumar GiriYour feedback matters!
Hello one of my friend has a continuous problem of Low Blood Pressure due to which she often feels Dizziness. She is a 27 year old working female.
My grand father (70 years) have implanted tooth in his mouth which is fixed by 6 screws but now all the dentition and screws is removed because of loose fixing so should we go for cortical implant and is it going to affect the gums or it may get loose as earlier fitting due of loosen gums we want to go for permanent dentition so cortical implant is good or something else please suggest. And he had angioplasty stent in his coronary vessels 2-3 years back.
Hydrogen sulphide gas in flatus - commonly known as fart - is produced by an enzyme in blood vessels where it relaxes them and lowers blood pressure.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and click on'share.
My bp varries from 160-110 and after medicine it is 145-95, i am taking medicine -enam-5 once a day. Kindly advice, my age is 46+
My father has major heart attack and lvef is 25-30%. Dr. Said me at that time operation can not be done. Anyone can give me suggestion for best treatment.
Hello doctor I had lumps on the chest since the age of around 13 I'm 24 now I've visited some 6 doctors 2 of them said this is pigeons chest and others said this is gynecomastia. The lumps are very small. I used to exercise a lot so On the right side it's almost negligible now and looks normal but on the left side it's bit visible with some difference. Is it possible to operate only on one side? When I touch the chest region on the left side I feel some little hard circular lump inside Thank you.
My sis is having pain in right chest as she wakes up. N she is getting cough every week. What will be the cause.
I am 51 year old and have blood pressure (Hypertension) and diabetes both. For BP I taketelmikind-H and S -Amcard5, 1 tab each one time in morning after breakfast. I also usessandhaNamak in my food. What should I do to control this hypertension in natural ways orayurvedic ways. As Dr. told that the BP tabs will have side 3effects in long term. Pl Advice me.
I am 42 years old male. I am suffer gastritis last 10 months. Gastroenterologist done endoscopy in report h. Pilory comes. Medicine like pantodac, moza5, perinorm, antacid syrup give me but I still suffer from gas. My heart side pain, 2d eco also done but nothing comes in. MD doctor gives me zapiz 0.25. But I am suffer still today so give me guide whom I consult.
I am suffering from back to chest I am suffering from pain many I know what is the reason for that I need to check to doctor. Please help me I am not able to go to doctor because my exams are going on.
I have a blood pressure problem, my body have no control, and I get feel very weak, so what should I do?
Hi doctor, I have hole in my heart from by birth in VSD of 4mm. Initially doctor told this may close as i grow up we will see up to 14 years. But in 14 years it was not closed and the doctor told there is no problem from this and come for check-up once in 2 year. Now I am 23 years still it not closed and I am not facing any problem from this, the only problem is whenever I go to the hospital for other health issues doctors by checking my heart beat they will tell you have heart problem right, why this and will it cause any problem in future if yes what is the symptoms and is I have to go for check up once in 2 year throughout my lifelong? THANKS IN ADVACE.
Heart attack, also known as myocardial infarction, is a severe condition where death of the heart muscle occurs because of the loss of blood supply. The blood loss usually happens because of the blockage of a coronary artery. Due to electrical instability, ventricular fibrillation is caused. Heart attacks may result in permanent brain damage or even death.
- Symptoms of Heart Attack: There are many early symptoms and signs of heart attack, which should be recognized. Symptoms of heart attack vary from person to person. Here is a list of the primary heart attack symptoms:
- Chest Pain and Discomfort: Chest pain is the basic symptom of a heart attack and occurs in different forms. The chest pain has a pressure, fullness and squeezing sensation and starts from the center of the chest. The pain may go away and re-occur and may spread down to other limbs of the body.
- Headache, Toothache: The chest pain occurring due to a heart attack spreads all over the body and the jaw. Even the back and head are affected. Sometimes pain in these regions is present while chest pain is absent.
- Shortness of Breath: A gasping sensation or feeling shortness of breath is another common sign of a heart attack. Such breathing difficulty is called dyspnea. The shortness of breath occurs before or during the chest pain.
- Nausea and Vomiting: The feeling of nausea or sickness in the stomach is another possible symptom. It is accompanied by belching or burping and sometimes, the heart attack is associated with a feeling of indigestion. Nausea is more common in women. Vomiting also occurs alongside nausea.
- General Epigastric Discomfort: In several cases, patients describe the pain of a heart attack as stomach pain. The pain is heavy and uncomfortable and persists for several minutes.
- Sweating: Perspiration or sweating occurs during a heart attack and the patient experiences cold sweat in avid amounts.
Emergency Treatment for Heart Attack:
- A person who has a heart attack should be rushed to a hospital.
- Several tests are carried out to detect the cause of the attack. A 12 lead EKG is carried out to supervise electrical activity within the heart and detect the damaged areas.
- Blood tests are undertaken to check enzymes and in certain cases, cardiac catheterization is required where pictures of the blood vessels are examined.
- Emergency medicines are given to the patient to stop the formation of blood clots and include aspirin, heparin and other drugs. Other medicines are given for thrombolytic therapy, which dissolve already formed blood clots. They work to reduce the heart damage. Nitrates are also used.
A heart attack is a severe condition and must be attended to immediately. Emergency treatment procedures are essential to save the life of an affected person.