Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Dhiman KahaliYour feedback matters!
Is taking milk regularly at night and dry fruits like badam. Pistachhu, almonds etc increase your cholesterol levels ? Which are the best dry fruits and fruits which will help to reduce the cholesterol.
Blood pressure readings above 140/90 are classified as hypertension or high blood pressure. Hypertension causes straining of blood vessels and an interruption in the blood flow. There are no specific symptoms, but prolonged hypertension can lead to a heart stroke.
Listed below are a few ways to reduce high blood pressure:
- Limit your salt intake: The sodium content in salt disrupts the balance of fluids in your body, leading to high blood pressure. To avert hypertension, cut down on your daily salt intake to a maximum of one tablespoon.
- Indulge in physical exercise: If you are suffering from pre-hypertension (mild hypertension), it can be avoided or controlled by engaging in physical exercise such as brisk walk, swimming or playing a sport. Exercising regularly can lower blood pressure levels by 5 mmHg (millimetres of mercury).
- Bask in the sun: Exposure to sunlight alters the nitric oxide levels in your blood which leads to reduction in blood pressure. Thus, soaking up the sun can prove to be a great way to avoid a stroke in future.
- Add ginger and cardamom to your diet: The two spices, ginger and cardamom, provide required warmth to your body and help in stabilising the circulation of blood in your body and help in bringing down blood pressure levels.
- Add more green vegetables to your diet: Green vegetables, preferably the leafy ones, are rich in nutrients such as magnesium, iron and folate which help in maintaining the blood circulation that is essential for combating high blood pressure.
- Switch to decaf coffee: If you can’t give up coffee entirely, switch to decaf beverages as caffeine is responsible for tightening your blood vessels which leads to increased stress and blood pressure levels.
- Start drinking tea: Herbals teas such as chamomile, ginger, green tea and hibiscus tea contain herbal properties which soothe your blood vessels and nourish the blood flow. Herbal teas also help in hydration and rejuvenation of fluids in your body.
- Update your playlist: Music is proven to be therapeutic and updating your playlist with soothing Sufi, Celtic or Instrumental tunes can help you relax your mind and combat stress related blood pressure spikes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
Hi from last month I will take a x-ray report. After I got the remark: Obliteration of both costophrenic Angel may suggestive pleural reaction/thickening. I want to know what is this.
Can I take atorvastatin pill at night before next morning on which lipid profile test has to be done? Or should I avoid to take it.
Having a heart of gold is a metaphor but at the same time is something which is quite achievable, as long as a person looks out for oneself and makes an effort to eat the right foods!
If a person who wishes to maintain good heart health is willing to search out the right foods to eat, there is a surfeit of benefits. Just some of these benefits are a lower level of the bad sort of cholesterol, as well as a slower rate of plaque growth.
Foods for a Healthy Heart
- Fish is something which is known to have great benefits for the mind and now, the heart, too. This is especially true, if the fish which is being eaten happens to be salmon. Fish in general, and Salmon in particular, has Omega-3 fatty acids, which are the best sort which can be consumed bar none. As a matter of fact, the medical evidence of this is so much that the American Health Association has made it a point to recommend that each person eats fish at least twice a week.
- If eating fish and preparing it seems to be too much of a hassle, what can be done is to make sure that supplements which have these properties are consumed on a regular basis. Talking about Omega-3 fatty acids, adding a small amount of chia seeds to whatever a person is having has a lot of health benefits. However, as should normally be the case, the person has to make sure that his or her hydration is more or less adequate as the side effect of this not being the case can have a greater impact than the benefits as it can result in constipation!
- Oatmeal is something which somehow finds its way to the breakfast table of a lot of health conscious families and it can be said that this is with good reason. This is because oatmeal has the great property of imbibing the cholesterol which is present in a person’s digestive tract and to a great extent, making sure that this cholesterol does not find its way to the bloodstream where it can cause significant damage to the heart and body in general.
However, instead of eating the instant oatmeal variety, having the comprehensive sort is good as it is likely to be sans sugar, which is something which may not be the case with instant oatmeal. All these health benefits add up and can be mulled over a glass of green tea, which is also amazing for the heart!
Hi I am 30 year old and I am getting pain in right waits upper whenever I sit down and 150 blood pressure and I am suffering acidity from two three days, let me know it will harm to kidney or other any problems. Pls get me out of this.
I am 42years female and have acidity for years and I use zentac 150mg for relief. Can I use the medicine for years? And also I get pain mostly near to my heart and it proceeds to my back bone. When I take medicine I am relieved from the pain. I am not a diabetic and my blood pressure is under control.
I am 25 year old boy from India. Last week I had chest pain, it lasted few minutes. Yesterday I again felt it. Is it symptom of heart disease?
I am suffering from pain in my heart side. Pain ll be sharp whenever I breath n laugh. please suggest me why it is?
I have pain in heart upper side back side and lower side so thats way I am going to take Metoprolol succinate Extended Release in one tablet in a day and have a any problem to take this medicine please favourable reply.
Dear Sir / Madam I have high blood pressure, I am having maintenance tablet now, I want to stop this tablet, can you suggest me ayurvedic medicine.
Hi. My name is dharm. I am 20 years old. My chest is paining like hell from about 2 months. Sometimes its pains towards the heart side. I do not know what should I do. Sometimes there are red spots on my inside side of mouth its lije red patches. Although it goes immediately within 5 days. Pls help me out what should I do.
My wife is 56 years old, I am suffering from Migraine pain since long. After taking too much medicine of Allopathic (vasograin, ultracet, etc) and homeopathic Sanguinaria, spigelia, Nat mur, Nux Vom, gelsemium belladonna) but no improvement has shown. She is also suffering with diabetes, High blood pressure etc, she is too much sensitive of any change of weather and most of the ailments takes place in late night.
I am 58 year with 172 cm height and 84 kg weight, headache and bp from last few days 180/100 please advice should I go for bp medicine ?
Cholesterol level are bit high in blood, but stress test found no angina no blockage was found in heart sonography and heart is perfectly ok. Nuthing found in chest x ray still having pain in chest wat could be the reason . Can anxiety causes chest pain ?
Counting calories is one of the most popular ways of dietary management for weight management. It is not always easy to do when you're out or pressed for time, may be in a situation like dinner party, hiking, etc.
Here are some basic guidelines to follow when straight calorie counting is impractical.
1. Eat foods that are filling and low in calories. That means, as often as possible, your meals and snacks should include whole grains, such as brown rice, whole-wheat bread, and oatmeal, as well as legumes, such as lentils and other beans. And don't forget to fill at least half your plate with fruits and vegetables.
2. When you eat meat, cut out fat and cut down portion sizes. Choose lean cuts of meat and modest amounts about 3 or 4 ounces per serving (which is roughly the size of your palm).
3. Avoid fried foods. Frying foods adds fat and calories. For stove top cooking, it's better either to stir-fry foods in a non-stick pan lightly coated with a cooking-oil spray or to braise them in broth or wine. Baking, broiling, and roasting are also great options.
4. Choose low-fat or fat less dairy foods. Milk, yogurt, and cheese are good sources of protein and calcium, but the whole-milk versions of these dairy products are very high in fat.
5. Avoid fast foods. Hamburgers, chicken nuggets, french fries, and other fast-food staples tend to promote weight gain for two reasons. First, they are high in fat, calories, or both. Second, the" value meals" available at many fast-food chains are often excessively large and tempt you to overeat.
6. Avoid high-calorie, low-nutrient snacks. Chips and other deep-fried snacks are high in fat and therefore calories. But even snacks labelled" low-fat" are often high in calories because they contain large amounts of sugars and other carbohydrates.
7. Watch what you drink. Regular sodas, fruit juices, and, especially, alcoholic beverages are high in calories.
Source: health beat (harvard medical school)