Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Devjani Das (Ganguly)Your feedback matters!
When tissues that usually grow inside the uterus, start growing outside the organ, it is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain while urinating or bowel movements, extreme bleeding, fatigue, infertility, diarrhea, bloating and nausea are some of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Treating endometriosis usually depends on the following factors
- Severity of symptoms
- Severity of the disease
- Future plans for children
Depending on these the doctor might opt for any of the following treatments
- Medication for Pain: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe some pain killers like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is effective, but once you stop them, your symptoms may come back. Some of the hormone therapies include:
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Birth control pills, vaginal rings and patches are useful in controlling the hormones that are responsible for tissue build-up outside the uterine cavity.
- Medroxyprogesterone: This drug stops menstruation, which in turn stops the tissue build-up and put an end to all the symptoms. But on the other hand, gaining weight, low bone production and depression are some of the common effects of this drug.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists and agonists: Hormones that stimulate ovaries are blocked by these. They bring down oestrogen levels and hence prevent menstruation.
- Danazol: This drug prevents menstruation and symptoms of endometriosis by blocking the hormones that stimulate the ovaries. However, Danazol may not be a favourable option because of its side effects. The drug should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Conservative Surgery: If you are trying to get pregnant, but you already suffer from endometriosis, then removing endometriosis surgically is a viable solution. Your uterus and ovaries will be preserved, which might increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Even suffering from severe pain might find relief from conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, the only way to deal with the symptoms is to completely remove the uterus, ovaries and cervix. Since a hysterectomy means you cannot have children, it is kept as the last option for women in their reproductive age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hello Doctor. Mujhe periods aate hain regular but 1st flow heavy hota hai aur pain and 2 nd b flow theek hi hota hai bt 3rd day flow km aur 4th day bilkul hi kam hota haii. Kya aise periods normal haiin ya abnormal hain?
Infertility is a condition which is characterized by the inability to have a baby for over a year in spite of having planned and unprotected sex. It is a pretty common phenomenon for both men and women. However, there are several treatments available for both the sexes to help them recover from this problem. Here are some of the most common treatments available for infertility:
1. Changing your lifestyle: Certain factors in your lifestyle, which may cause you to be infertile include the medications you take, lack of exercise or not having intercourse frequently enough or not at the right times. The solution for these problems is simply incorporating certain changes in your daily life such as exercising more, sticking to a healthy diet or having intercourse more often at the right times.
2. Sperm retrieval: Sperm retrieval is the technique used when you cannot ejaculate or when there is hardly any sperm present in your semen. It is also used in case of a low sperm count.
1. Intrauterine insemination: Intrauterine insemination is a process in which healthy sperm cells are put into the uterus so that the egg gets fertilized when it is released. The sperm cells have to be inserted at the time when your ovaries release eggs; therefore it is crucial to know your menstrual cycle as well as how fertility drugs are affecting it.
2. Fertility drugs: Fertility drugs are used to stimulate ovulation. This is done by administering medications which either regulate or cause ovulation to occur. There are several types of fertility drugs, so you should talk to your doctor about which should be the best for you.
3. Hysteroscopic surgery: This is a last resort, which is taken only when there are significant problems such as intrauterine scar tissue, uterine septum or endometrial polyps.
4. IVF: IVF is an assisted reproductive technology. During IVF, the sperm is at first retrieved, after which fertility medications are given to the woman so that the egg can be retrieved. Finally, the egg is fertilized on a laboratory dish and injected back into the mother or a surrogate mother.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have vaginal infection last 3 yrs and I have done lot's of treatment but it was not cure permanently but I don't know it's vaginal infection or urinary tract infection because sometimes I feel itching, burning and white discharge and sometimes I feel frequent pee but it's little come out my lower abdomen feeling full. Please help me I am very depressed about this problem.
I'm 29 weeks pregnant women. I hv already a son 2 + I want to know minimum prize c-section delivery and all service is best. please help me to find a best. Clinic.
Am 29 weeks of pregnant and sunday morning I ve accidentally fallen down, a small scratch on my knees which s not visible also, today feeling a little pain in knees while walking, will this cause any prob. I will meet my doctor it by tomo, please help.
Sun therapy for Premature ejaculation.
Exposure of glans penis to sun light is a standard therapy for premature ejaculation and may be even more effective than antidepressant medications in treating this condition. World famous sexologist Dr. C sharath kumar has done research and shown that sun therapy works by desensitisation of the glans penis. It makes glans mucosa rough and tough.
Also it accumulates melonin pigment.
Sun therapy also helps in reducing balano posthitis which is one of the cause of pe.
Early morning or evening walk in the sun may help fight the depression and anxiety that often accompany pe. You might also consider investing in a sun lamp or light box, which may help raise serotonin by mimicking the bright rays of the sun.
One of the most severe forms of pain is the pain that a woman experiences during the process of childbirth. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most severe, it is believed to be 8 to 10. In the earlier days, a number of women would die during childbirth and survival was considered as a second lease of life. This belief has however, changed with the advancements in medical science. The delivery has now become an almost painless procedure.
How it works: The pelvis and the lower limbs receive nerve supply through the nerves coming out of the spinal cord. A strong anesthetic is injected into the lower back to numb the pelvis and down below. This ensures that the mother is comfortable and awake during the whole procedure and is able to see the child being delivered but has reduced pain in the lower half of the body.
What are its benefits?
- The mother has a painless delivery and is conscious and able to see the process of delivery.
- Significant relief from the painful experience of childbirth. The pain induces secretion of stress hormones in the mother, which adversely affects both the mother and the child.
- Blood pressure is better controlled using this procedure.
- Additional instruments can be used during the delivery if required without the need for additional anesthesia.
- If required, the procedure can be converted to a cesarean section too, by adding an epidural catheter.
- The duration of childbirth has been significantly decreased.
- Suitable for patients who have preeclampsia and heart disease
It has some disadvantages too
There are minor complications, including:
- This can develop after the painless delivery and the onset and intensity vary from one individual to another
- Post-procedure headache
- Pain at the site of injection
- Difficulty during urination
- The normal pushing effect by the woman is reduced due to the numbness and so vacuum may be used or delivery may have to be converted to a cesarean one.
- In rare cases, there could also be a sudden drop in the blood pressure
In the following cases, the doctor would advise the mother to go for a painless delivery
- Medical conditions like preeclampsia, high BP, or other heart conditions
- Subsequent births after having had a cesarean section (VBAC – vaginal birth after cesarean)
- People who have previously had prolonged or complicated labor, a painless delivery is easy on both the mother and the child
When it should be best avoided
In some cases, like the ones listed below, the painless delivery should be avoided
- Women with bleeding disorders.
- Women who are on blood thinners like aspirin, heparin, etc.
- Women who have had prior low back surgeries
- Women with neurological conditions
A detailed discussion with your gynecologist is the best way to identify, if this would work for you.
I have pcos problem with irregular periods. I am trying for second baby as soon as possible. So pls anybody help where I could solve my problem.
My wife has pregnancy of 7 week but doctor said there is no heartbeat is observed. Doctor sail my wife has to take 8 to 10 injection in two month name y sact. Please give suggestion what to do? till now she had taken two injection. Doctor told we can see result after one week. We have to go for check up on 1/5/2015. Please give your suggestions.
My wife had caesarean delivery last 7 days back, what are important managements for her to avoid any complications in future. When she can go to job, her job is office work only. Sedentary job.
Hi Doctor, I am 29 year old and currently having heavy bleeding like periods but my last date was 20 july, so please advise what to do now. I have a 5 month old baby.
I had unprotected sex on the day I was fertile. But we took emergency contraceptive pill within two hours of it. It was 29th September. I usually bleed a week after taking the pill but this time I am late. I was supposed to have my periods two days back. I have been taking one pill a month on average. I checked with pregnancy test that I am not pregnant on the date I was supposed to get my periods. Am I pregnant?
Actually I have done sex with my gf before 24 hour but I was used precaution but I m.afraid that the unwanted pregnancy pls suggest me what should I do can I give any kind of pregnancy pills to prevent pls give me suggestions what should I do I was used protection confirm but tell tht I any kind of chances of pregnancy after using a precaution, wht medicine I was used n my age is above 20 & my gf age is 18 pls give me suggestions pls. I request.
Dear doctor, My sis in law is carrying 9th month of pregnancy. I just want to know the ways to increase the water level in the uterus. What are the foods she should be eating to increase the water level? And what should be avoided to maintain a good water level?
Acne is a very common problem associated with PCOS because there is an excess amount of estrogen hormone in the body. This estrogen hormone gets converted into testosterone (androgens) hormone. High testosterone hormone can increase the size of the oil production glands on the skin, which lead to increase acne problem.