Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Devjani Das (Ganguly)Your feedback matters!
1. Aids in digestion: Suffer from indigestion? well, drink a glass of jeera water every day to help you deal with it. This is because jeera water not only stimulates the secretion of digestive enzymes but also speeds up the digestion process, thereby helping you fight indigestion. Moreover, as it clears out toxins from the body, drinking jeera water provides relief from stomach related problems like acidity, abdominal gas, morning sickness and nausea.
2. Treats water retention: One of the common causes of water retention is the intake of high salt diet and drinking less water or dehydration. And hence, drinking a glass of jeera water every day might help as jeera is rich in potassium, which helps in reducing and preventing water retention. The mineral potassium plays a key role in maintaining electrolyte balance in the body thus, helping you treat water retention naturally. Here's more on causes of water retention and expert tips to prevent it.
3. Boosts immunity: Not just potassium, jeera is also packed with iron, which is important for normal functioning of the immune system. Iron is the key mineral required for the production of red blood cells. Jeera is also rich in antioxidants, which helps in fighting free radicals and lowers your risk of infections. Hence, make sure you drink a glass of jeera water to boost your immunity.
4. Helps in treating anaemia: If you are suffering from iron-deficiency anaemia, then including iron-rich jeera in your diet can help. And what s best than sipping jeera water all through the day to make the most of it. Due to lack of iron, the blood supply to various parts of the body is hindered, which leads to fatigue. Hence, drink jeera water regularly to prevent anaemia.
5. Maintains blood pressure: Jeera water is rich in potassium which helps in regulating fluid and electrolyte balance in the body thereby maintaining blood pressure. So if you are at risk of high blood pressure or suffer from a heart disease, then drinking a glass of jeera water on an empty stomach might do the trick. The mineral also helps in maintaining heart rate along with improving your heart function.
6. Helps in weight loss: Yes, it is one of the few healthy drinks that can also aid in weight loss. Jeera water can help you lose weight by boosting the metabolism. It is rich in fibre which not only subdues your appetite and prevents you from cravings but also acts as a powerful detoxifying agent, thus helping you lose weight.
7. Nourishes the skin: The antioxidant property of jeera water is responsible for clearing toxins from the body, which can aggravate acne and blemishes. And hence, drinking jeera water not only aids in the absorption of nutrients but also detoxifies the skin helping your skin to glow naturally. The presence of vitamin e and a exerts anti-ageing effects of jeera water making your skin smooth and clear.
Hello sir, My Usg done on 19 dec. Gestational age is 14wk nd 06 days nd my foetus weight is 1.02kg. Is it normal.
I just want to know in which time I can do sex without precautions with 0 pregnancy risk as my wifes period timing is every month 19th.
I'm 62 year old my wife's age 52 she is in post menopause stage facing difficulty in intercourse due to vaginal dryness please suggest some lubricants thanking you,
Hi i am 18 years old and my problem is that my bleeding is not stopping from more than 7 days please suggest me tablet for stopping it.
I am 25 years old guy married two months ago my wife she feels sick constipated she farts a lot she took medicine for fever it got fyn but after two days she feel again fever 99 body warm we r thinking it can b pregnancy coz sometimes I see her breast got swollen pls suggest.
I am asking this question for one of my friend. She is around 50 years and going through menopause. For the last nearly one year she is not able to enjoy the sex. She says though she enjoy the foreplay, she never gets the orgasm. This was not the case 2-3 years back. I would like to know what could be the reason? is there any way she can get orgasm?
While planning for baby, can I eat that dish in which papaya is mixed for marinate and also before 9days of expected period while planning for baby. please help.
Pregnancy ke 6 month me bache ki movement kab .kitni bar. Or kis tarike se mahsus Hoti hai. please Dr. Reply fast in Hindi.
My wife aged 38 years. In 2004 she suffered from chronic skin disease after that see gone for homeopathy treatment in 3 years of treatment she is alright. But after this treatment she lost sweating, before start of skin disease she sweat very normal. Now she feel very heat. What to do, please advise.
The summer is coming! With all that excitement around getting a new bathing suit and figuring out where your big summer romance is going to happen, we’d like to break in with some beauty tips to help you look your best. It’s time to shake off the chilly spring weather and look forward to some hot fun in the summer sun!
1. Avoid peak hours of sunlight when the temperatures and UV rays are at their highest, normally between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. That's the best time to head inside, get food and water, let your body cool down, and maybe even take a nap.
2. Chew Some Juicy Fruits : "Melons are the perfect hot-weather food.
3. Light-Colored Clothes : The white linen shirt every male movie star wears on the beach isn't just fashionably conscious; it's also intelligent for hot, sunny days. Dark clothing absorbs more heat, and tight clothes don't let sweat — your body's natural cooling system — evaporate.
3. Sunglasses : Sunglasses are chic and functional. They prevent harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays from scorching your corneas and protect your eyes for many more summers to come. Choose sunglasses that block 90 to 100 percent of UV rays.
4. Sunscreen : Nothing knocks good days off a summer calendar like a nasty sunburn. When outdoors, use sunscreen with an SPF rating of at least 15. Use a higher-rated, waterproof sunscreen if you'll be poolside or out on the beach. Don't forget to cover areas that burn easily: nose, ears, shoulders, and back of the neck.
5. Lip Balm : Just like sunscreen protects the rest of your skin, a lip balm with SPF protection blocks out the sun and keeps in moisture for your lips. Perfect for a day on the lake or while you're working on that summer romance.
6. Water : Don't wait until you're thirsty! Drink water throughout the day to prevent dehydration or over exhaustion. Use the color of your urine to guide if you're hydrated enough — the clearer the better.
7. Juice : All natural juice without added sugar not only provides hydration but also important nutrients to keep you active in hot weather. Check the label on the juice bottle and make sure it says “100 percent juice with no sugar added.”
8. Fruits and Vegetables : Fruits and vegetables are easy to digest and often high in water content. Salads and other dishes rich in seasonal produce will keep you feeling light and hydrated.
Hello, I got married 6 month back. I don' want child as of now. I am using condom for that. Is there any danger or harm to me or my wife from condom. Is there any other medium other than condom.
Homeopathy is a field of medicine that uses natural resources to make a difference on a long term and on sustained basis. It is used by over 200 million people. This medicinal field can be used to treat acute and chronic conditions, including those that have not enjoyed successful, sustained treatment with allopathic methods. It is known, not to have any side effects, usually. But this efficient system of treatment has also been under fire due to various myths. Here, we clear the air on three of them!
Unscientific Medicines: These medicines are usually termed as unscientific by cynics. The truth is that the metals and minerals contained in the medicines are tested and put under trial before they are released for consumption. The values are recorded on Periodic Tables. The substances also include ingredients like plants and snake's venom. Each medicine's symptoms and accidental allergies are recorded and put forth with a perspective on human nature. The books on homeopathy are written and recorded on the basis of the symptoms and allergic reactions. Also, many people believe that the medicines are simply water as they are diluted solutions. These medicines are diluted with a method called Succussion, which makes a dose potent with the help of vigorous shaking. While higher potency drugs are given to those suffering from an emotional state of belief regarding an ailment, lower potency medication is prescribed for those suffering from severe cases.
Training: It is a major myth that Homeopaths do not really undergo proper medical training. The truth is that all these doctors have to go through a four year long process of training via courses offered at accredited colleges and universities. Further, the course also includes modules on Pathology, Anatomy and other fields like Materia Medica and Homeopathic Philosophy. By the time the training is over, the doctor is like any other doctor in any other field. Further, with constant research and practice, the doctor can become even more of an expert within ten years.
No Proof of Efficiency: While it is a well known fact that homeopathy efficacy cannot be tested by standardised methods, due to the personalisation of the medication for each individual, it is also true that the efficacy has been proven with 180 controlled tests in the past 24 years and 118 random tests in the same time frame.
It is important to know your facts before you decide to go with a certain field of medicine. With homeopathy, there will be a lot of focus on the human mind as well as the ailment for an inside out approach.