Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deep Chakraverty
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Deep ChakravertyYour feedback matters!
I am 58 year old lady. I am suffering from severe pain in my heels for past one month. When I get up in the morning it is difficult to walk. I am also a patient of hypothyroidism and take eltroxine 100mg in the morning. Ialso take sheical 500 and neurobion forte. Please advise how to get rid of the pain in my heels. Should I take thuja 1000 ?
The immune system within your body is what protects you from all the attacks of various microbes from the world outside. However, the immune system itself can face problems and can defend the body only so much. Thus it is wise to add some homeopathic medicines and help the immune system fight the possible intruders better.Let's have a look at some of them:
- Gelsemium:This medication is extracted from the vine Gelsemium sempervirens, and is known as a very effective remedy when you have flu like symptoms with the cold such as, exhaustion, body ache and fever.
- Arsenicum album:A very well known remedy for food poisoning as well as other digestive disorders, Arsenicum album can be very effective in treating a wide variety of stomach related illnesses caused by the reaction to foreign microbes.
- Oscillococcinum:This medication contains trace amounts of duck liver and heart and is known to be a good immune booster. Effective in the cases of cold and flu like symptoms, oscillococcinum can effectively treat fever with flu and other symptoms, although it may take a bit of time for it start acting. It is thus best to consult with your homeopathic doctor before starting a course.
- Allium cepa:If you have flu like symptoms with teary eyes and nasal congestion, Allium cepa is a very good remedy. You have to take a few doses before the symptoms start subsiding. One dose contains three to five pellets and you might have to take about two to three doses daily for a couple of days for the symptoms to subside.
- Combination medications:There are multiple medical combinations, which can help you boost your immunity as well. Consult your Homeopathic doctor to get the best combination for your specific condition. Some of these combinations are:
- Calcarea Carbonica 30-1 dose, Phosphorus - 1 dose,Lycopodium 30-1 dose: This combination is very effective in treating sensitive colds where fever may or may not exist but causes extreme nasal blockages.
- Lycopodium 30, Sabadilla 30: This combination is very effective when the cold and nasal blockages are due to pollen sensitivity and occur during the pollinating season. This can be used in a regular dosage to not only stop the symptoms but to also stop the allergy from happening in the first place.
I have stomach problem. I got problems regarding digestion. Please advice me something to overcome this.
This contagious and highly itchy skin condition comes with symptoms like thin and irregular burrow like tracks containing blisters. These may be found on the affected areas of the skin. Mostly, these growths are found in the folds of one's skin and can occur for children and adults alike. The most common areas where these blisters, sores and bumps may be found include the genital areas, buttocks, the inner side of the elbows, soles of the feet, around the breasts, the waistline, the insides of the wrists and other areas. Let us have a look at the various causes of this condition.
- Mite: An eight legged mite is the most common cause of this skin disease (Know more about common skin disease). The female mites are known to burrow deep in the folds of the skin, where they leave their eggs to hatch and spread. These mites usually make a tunnel like burrow in which the eggs get deposited. The mite larvae then reach the surface the skin and cause a lot of itching once they begin to mature. This itching is mainly an allergic reaction to the larvae as well as the eggs and waste.
- Physical Contact with Infected Parties: This condition is mostly caused when there is contact with an infected person or animal. This happens due to the fact that contact with an infected party can lead to a deposit of the mites on to the skin, leading to the process of burrowing, egg laying and maturing of the larvae. There has to be close and prolonged contact with an infected person or animal for this to happen. Yet, it has been observed that the mites prefer to live on the host. They do not live for too long on someone inherits the disease with contact.
- Scratching: There are lots of complications that can lead to the breakout or worsening of the situation. Scratching the skin can often break the same which can lead to secondary bacterial skin infections. Superficial infections like impetigo can also lead to an accumulation of these mites, which can further spread the condition.
- High Risk Groups: There are many people who are more at risk of contracting this skin disease. Patients with chronic health conditions like HIV (Know more about HIV) and Leukaemia can contract a severe form of scabies known as Crusted scabies or Norwegian Scabies. Also, people who have spent long periods in hospitals and nursing facilities due to prolonged illness and treatment can contract this contagious ailment. Further, it has been found that older people living in nursing homes also often come down with this condition. The crusty and scaly patches caused by this disease can cover the entire body and may be very difficult to treat.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!