Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Debojyoti KarmakarYour feedback matters!
Whenever I eat something whether in morning or evening, day or night, after an hour or so my mouth starts smelling like rancid food. No one is able to talk with me. Please suggest some basic ways or medicines for the cure.
I am 56 years old male. No diabetes, slight bp 140/90; taking no medicines. For a couple of weeks I have a jaw pain & ache @ molar and other teeth. Jaw opening restricted. Slight throbbing sensation. Physically active. Can you help?
Which toothpaste is good for him he is 3 years old and mostly swallow the paste now we are using patanjali kids for him please suggest the safe one for him.
My age is 39 yrs old. all teeth are aching after removing a molar tooth please advise suitable medicines.
I have sensitivity problem in my right teeth. When I drink cold water it pains. I want suggestions how can I get rid of it.
Good oral hygiene involves:-
1. Brushing your teeth for two to three minutes twice a day (in the morning and at night), preferably with an electric toothbrush
2. Using toothpaste that contains fluoride (fluoride is a natural mineral that helps protect against tooth decay)
3. Flossing your teeth regularly (preferably daily)
4. Not smoking
5. Regularly visiting your dentist (at least once every one to two years, but more frequently if necessary)
My brother, age 32 is suffering from frequent ulcerations in mouth since 15 years. He s not a tobacco chewer, not a cigarette smoker, not even supari user. He also gets swelling in mouth. With pain. Kindly advice the best possible management.
I am fed up of bad breadth, I had also visited dentist and he ensured that teeth cleaning will be enough but again same problem. I clean my mouth throughly and also use tongue cleaner still in morning I see my tongue becomes yellowish or whitish, what could may be the reason, please explain. Does it indicates to sinusitis?
Dear Dr. my 4 teeth were effected by germs so I get pain early morning while brush and also get blood from teeth so what to do.
It is a dream of many people to have straight teeth, but unfortunately there are people those who find alternatives to correct their misaligned teeth. Orthodontic treatment is the only effective measure that can help people to have straight teeth. But, there are number of factors due to which people often refuse to undergo this treatment. The noticeable and bulky brackets are some factors to name. However, the modern dentistry has managed to introduce latest techniques and methods with the help of which misaligned teeth can be corrected without any ugly brackets. Once such option is called Invisalign-Invisible Braces and this option is for patients who are looking for discrete orthodontic option.
Invisalign system mainly shifts the teeth into its original position just like traditional braces move during the treatment period. But the only difference is that in this system there is no use of elastics, brackets or bands like traditional braces have. In this technique the dentists use a series of detachable transparent retainers that the patient needs to wear for few months after the treatment is over.
Invisalign braces are actually not braces, but it is a series of transparent aligners that move the teeth gradually like traditional braces. It is a custom made brace that is based on patient’s treatment plan and it will be changed after every two weeks. It is becoming ultimate solutions for all age groups. The primary advantage associated with Invisalign system is the periodontal health. Patients will not find any difficulty in taking care of their gum tissues and teeth as no braces and wires are used in the treatment process. So, it will become easier for patients to clean their gums and teeth with ease. Besides, patients can easily take out the braces, eat, brush, floss and put it back again without any hassle.
There are many patients who often refuse for orthodontic treatment because of the regular braces. These metal braces are not only ugly, but the patient experience discomfort during the procedure. So, if you are very much concern about your looks, then Invisalign would be the ultimate choice for you. Undoubtedly, teeth are the most crucial part of our appearance. So, when they are not the best, then it is the time to time to take preventive measures not only to make it look better, but also for peace of mind and health. So, when the time comes to use braces, then consider Invisalign braces in place of traditional ugly braces. We at Dr. Aman Ahuja, Multi Specialty Dental Clinic are eager to offer you assistance in terms of Invisalign system. We have helped many dental patients to get back their natural smile with Invisalign system. So, you would be the next one to have the natural smile with Invisalign!
I have a surgery in my teeth after extraction of last teeth but it have last 4 days I am not eligible to eating food now till I am depending on juice please suggest me.
My wife of age 52 is suffering from Oral Lichen Planus for last 1 and 1/2 year. Initially the medicine Antoxid (Antioxidant) respond good but not now. What I should do?
Sir my teeth colours has become yellowish, please tell me toothpaste or medicine to become it white.
Do metallic dental bridges / implants effect the functioning of the pacemaker. Does the person having the pacemaker fitted, have any restrictions on the dental bridges / implants must be metal free? Pl. adv. Thanks & best regards,
All of us love to flash a set of pearly whites with each smile. However, due to various reasons, we have teeth that are not-so-white. The bleaching agents come to the rescue as they can help whiten the teeth. In an overzealous manner, some people however, go overboard and over bleach their teeth. Bleaching agents should be used only with approval by a dentist and in a recommended manner, the frequency and the duration of application. Like anything else, they can also have harmful effects, which again can hurt the teeth, and if the whitening effect is lost, the person could be worse off than what they started with.
The following are common side effects seen with overuse of bleaching agents. Note that in most people, when used according to medical advice, these effects are very minimal.
- Tooth sensitivity: One of the most common side effects with teeth bleaching is the tingling feeling in the teeth. When done in office, it happens as the bleaching agent is reaching the tubules in the teeth. It could range from a one-off feeling to something that is constant and nagging. If being done in the office, you could indicate to the dentist so that subsequent sittings can be planned after the sensitivity settles down. The duration of each session may also have to be reduced.
- Gum irritation: The active bleaching agent is hydrogen peroxide which is caustic and can irritate the soft tissues. When done in office, the teeth are usually isolated using a rubber dam and so this problem is minimized. However, when trays are used at home, the gums do get exposed to the bleaching agent and so gum irritation is highly likely.
- Tooth pain and discomfort: This tooth pain usually sets in after a couple of hours after the bleaching is done. This happens again due to hydrogen peroxide penetrating the tooth, dehydration of the tooth, and using laser light for prolonged periods during the bleaching process. This usually subsides in a couple of days’ time and so need not be a cause for worry.
- Thermal sensitivity: A couple of days after the bleaching, the teeth may experience sensitivity to hot and cold foods, especially with beverages. This again is usually self-limiting and will disappear in a couple of days. Desensitizing toothpaste may be prescribed by the dentist in severe cases.
In all these cases, though bleaching is usually harmless, there are rare cases where side effects have been severe. Overenthusiasm to increase the whiteness is often the reason for these side effects. These can be avoided by opting for bleaching under strict supervision and following the dentist’s advise when being done at home. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.