Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Debi Prasad Patra
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Debi Prasad PatraYour feedback matters!
Today my son taken 6weeks vaccination with rota varies drops and polio drops. Injection to his leg. After shall he take bath or wet cloth clean today or tomorrow please tell me safety tips.
She is 1.5 years and she is not ready to eat anything. Before she use to like cerelac but now she does not eat that as well .we try giving variety like beetroot, carrot rice sambar rice. Vegetable ganji. But she just turns her face off anything we feed. What can be the reason.
My son is 2 yr old.He used to eat all kinda food till he was 1 1/2 but from then he is not at all eating properly i tried all kinda tonics prescribed by various best pediatricians his health was normal when we checked he is taking only breakfast and dinner that too in small quantity he loves junk and fast foods.What kind of medication will help him ?
I have 4 months boy baby and looking after him alone. Is oil bath in alternative days good for him? What are the tips to look after his health?
My son is 4.5 years got stomach infection after consuming mango shake around 20 days ago. He had stomach ache and loose motion off and on. After eating something he had stomach ache and loose motion. For last two days he had watery loose motion. Today motion are better but he is having fever above 101. I am giving crocin for fever every 6 hrs and ciffixim for motion.
Dyspepsia is a disorder of the stomach that is characterized by pain in the upper part of the stomach. It is not a single disorder, but is a collection of symptoms such as nausea, burping and bloating. It results when the acid of the stomach comes in contact with the mucosa of the digestive tract. These acids cause a breakdown of the mucosa leading to inflammation and irritation, which leads to indigestion. It may also result from eating disorders or certain medications.
The symptoms of this disorder tend to occur mostly after consuming food and drink. In some cases, the symptoms tend to go away after eating or drinking. The symptoms of dyspepsia are:
- You may feel bloated on a regular basis
- You may experience discomfort in your stomach
- Loss of appetite
- You may experience constant burping
- You may feel nauseous
- Symptoms of heartburn
- You may also experience chest pain and breathing difficulties
- You may be affected by jaundice
The various causes of dyspepsia are:
- Irritable bowel syndrome, which hampers the movement of food through the intestines
- If you are unable to properly digest dairy products
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease that results in reflux of the acids of the stomach
- Any inflammation of the gall bladder
- Various medicines such as aspirin, steroids and antibiotics may lead to dyspepsia
- If you suffer from depression or anxiety then it may lead to dyspepsia
- Excess consumption of chocolate, coffee and alcohol
Dyspepsia may be controlled by modifying your lifestyle. Some of the changes that you may make are:
- Don't sleep immediately after eating, wait for at least two hours before you go to bed
- Avoid spicy foods as they tend to aggravate symptoms of dyspepsia
- Space out your meals, eat multiple smaller meals instead of few large ones
- Restrict smoking and alcohol consumption
- Lose weight as being overweight may lead to dyspepsia
- Avoid wearing tight clothes
- Exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy and maintain optimal weight levels
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!