Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Debi Das GangulyYour feedback matters!
Very good. Excellent.
Sir/madam It's being about 3 months since I had no periods and now having mild giddiness and weakness and sometimes nausea what could be the possible cause.
I am 31 years, having pain in stomach and back upper side from morning, having period from yesterday. I didn't take anything from morning expect green tea and plain water, please suggest me which medicine I need to take though I too one medicine for gastric but didn't relief.
Syphilis is a contagious disease that is sexually transmitted through oral or anal sex. The disease can even be passed from one person to another through kissing for a long time or through physical contact. A pregnant woman is at a high risk of passing the disease to her newborn which can cause abnormalities and even death of the baby. It is caused by the bacteria treponema pallidum.
Symptoms of syphilis
- Primary stage: the symptoms of syphilis are visible within three weeks which appears as a single and painless sore on the penis or inside vagina and rectum.
- Secondary stage: in the secondary stage, the symptoms manifest themselves as red or brown spots visible on soles of feet or palms of hand. They can be accompanied by fever, headache, swollen glands, fatigue and hair loss in patches.
- Latent stage: in this stage, a person has no symptoms but the infection is still present in the body.
- Late stage: this stage occurs 10-20 years after a person had first contracted syphilis. In this stage, the organs are severely damaged, including heart, brain and nervous system. It can cause paralysis or even death.
Can this condition be cured?
With a single dose of the antibiotic penicillin, syphilis is easily curable in its early stage. If the condition persists for over a year, additional doses might be required. It should be treated early to prevent further complications. There are other options for patients who are allergic to penicillin. Until the sore or rash heals completely, after the treatment of syphilis, you should abstain from having sex. If syphilis is left untreated, some severe and permanent damage can be triggered by it, including blindness, dementia or even death.
Pregnancy, especially the first one, is a very anxious phase in a couple's life. There is the knowledge of leaving your previous life and transition to a new one filled with excitement (and copious amount of poop). Every pregnancy is different. Some women are completely turned off by the thought of having sex while others suddenly have their interests spiked. Here are six things you need to know about sex during and after pregnancy
1. You won't hurt the baby: As creative as you get thinking of different positions, it is unlikely that sex will harm your unborn child. Although it is a good sign that your maternal instincts are kicking in, this is a simple open and shut case. While you and your partner get on the act, your baby will rest safely in the amniotic sack well protected with layers of cushion in the form of flesh and fluids. The mucous plug in your cervix that puts a cork on the amniotic fluid ensures things remain stable.
2. You won't bump the baby on the head: As much as your partner would like to believe that his penis is long enough bump into the baby during sex, this is not a possibility. No penis is that big or close to being big enough to get close to the baby. Even if your baby is head down resting in your pelvis, it is unlikely he or she will take a hit during sex.
3. Your baby won't watch your act: You have to have sex to make babies. That is one of the most natural and beautiful realities of our lives. It is true that your baby activity may spike a little when your uterus contracts after an orgasm, so that way the baby will know something exciting happened. But it is not possible for the baby to 'know' or 'remember' what happens on the outside.
4. Sex won't result into an STD transmission to your baby: For one, it is best to stick to your partner who you know is free from STD with or without the baby bump. You'll also feel better knowing that once the baby is inside, your cervix is shut and out of access for anything from semen to other organisms as the mucus plug acts as a super tight cork. But when it comes to STD, it is better you go the safe way for yourself and only proceed if you know your partner is clean for sure.
5. You'll have some extra fun with new manoeuvers: With a baby bump in between, the usual missionary position becomes uncomfortable for many women. Try new and fun ways to keep your partner happy
6. Sex will feel better or worse: Sex will make you feel better or worse depending on how comfortable you are. It is always great to get that loving feeling with your partner, but if you don't want to go all the way, you can start with a hug and end with a kiss too.
In case you have some questions or concerns you must discuss with your doctor.
I am putting this question for my sister she is suffering from white Discharge during 15-20 days, nd she is feeling so tired, what is reason for that nd what will its Solution.
I am 25 years old before one week of my mensuration I had pain in my legs badly. Earlier it was a stomach ache but nowadays its leg pain and stomach ache both and mood swings too.
It's almost 1 years and 10 months for my marriage. We are trying hard for baby but not getting succeeded. Gone for spermicide count treatment but the same is 2 millions. Also taken testosterone, LH, LCH test those are normal. Also taken sonography same founds verico vein enlarged on left testicle. Can you please guide me how to increase sperm count. Please help.
She is having some milky discharge from her two breasts when Squeezed on her last day of period. Why?Is it pregnancy symptoms?
Hello doc, from last 7 months I am trying to conceive bt could not. Reports are ok of mine and husband. But nothing happening. Married for 2 and half yrs. My periods are also regular. Bt wat I am marking is from last some months I feel uneasy and pain in back and stomach much before my period starts. Around 10 days before. This month my period is due at 14th. But from last three days I am feeling uneasy. My upper part of stomach specially last portion wer chest finishes and upper part of stomach starts, in the middle part, is aching. If someone presses lightly there I feel good. This time pain has increased. Pain during periods is normal to me. But much before periods is only giving frustration tats too am noticing after mrg .wat may be the cause. Periods or gas I do not understand. But pain feel is same. Why also not conceiving tat is another strain. Pls help.
My wife delivered baby on 18th may 2016 after 1 month she started continuous falling sick like fever, cold shivering etc even in blood report not found any thing ,after 1 month doctor suggested for chest xray in that it has been observed she is suffering from enlarged lymp nodes in chest after that ct scan has been done to check the size of lymp nodes. Now doctor has prescribed akurit 4 3 tabs in empty stomach during the first week it was fine but in second week she again started the problem of fever sweating and shivering just want to know how serious is this condition as my baby is just 2 month old and she has become very week because of this disease.
My period dates is 16 th but yesterday little bit bleeding happened I have hypothyroid and taking medicine thyroxine 50 mg I have vitamins deficiency also taking tablets for iron, D, B12 as suggested by doctor. If my thyroid level comes normal will my periods come normal? Before period time very little bleeding will happen but it will not continue for 5 days. Please tell me is there any problem?
I am 23 years old girl I want to know that if I get regular periods and sometimes I get again in 10 days why it happens and it is possible that I get pregnant. What are the symptoms to know I am pregnant or not?
What to be done for having sex with wife but not to get pregnant for period of 3 to 4 years Ie planning for next child.
Hie I talk before on same topic about my irregular periods. My weight is ok. My copper t is ok. Doctor told my abt scan it is also fyn. In my cu-t its only said in bold lines that cu-t seen in situ. Now my doctor asked me to give blood test. On february my periods came after taking medicine then on march I perioDs came after taking homeopathic medicine and on ds month april I do my scan. Dr. Gave me medicine and said give your blood samples during periods. Pls advice me something what can I do. The test names are FSH/LH, S. Prolactin, T. SH, S. Testosterone. I ate medicine but my periods dnt came. How I can give my blood test if my periods dnt come. Medicine named which my gynae gavePRIMOLUP-N.
It can cause irreversible hearing loss.