Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
I am 45 years old. Suddenly for the past one week I have hip pain and hence I could not bend and sit on the floor properly. Please advise.
I'm 30 years old male suffering from knee joint pain. As per my recent MRI, doctors identified that it is" grade 1 injury" and i'm going for physiotherapy treatment. Kindly advise what kind of food do I need to avoid? Please advise what food should I take to improve my knee joint strength? Kindly answer all of my questions.
Sir My name is nikhil. My age is 25. I have problem while walking little bit too much I feel like I am not getting breath properly. I feel pressure over my throat area. As if something is obstructing my breath. And I feel my body shakes from inside Actually it's happing from past 3 months. And I have also done MRI test it shows a spondylolisthesis at L5&S1 level and mild spondylosis without disc herniation, thecal sac.
Sir or madam. I have mentioned my weight and height above. You can see I am over weighted. So for that. Currently I am exercising. My problem is. While jogging at a point my shoulders starts to pain and my lower stomach also. Please tell me is it normal or it is something to worry about. And please tell me after how much time after eating I should jogging
I have some problem in my legs. It is not working properly. Some stresses are in turning point sobcan you remove this problem. I am very appreciate you.
There is pain in my lower back on the left side Whenever I breathe my ribs makes cracking sound just as same as we crack our fingers habitually why so. There is a bit swelling on the chest left side Is at any bone problem or muscular problem or any internal defect?
I have suffering from backbone pain I take pain killer relief me but note a proper remedy please advice me.
My spouse is 34 years old and she is suffering from pain in her whole body (i. E. Body ache, muscle ache, leg pain, shoulder pain etc.). For last couple of years. I consulted with neurologist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist, medicine specialist, orthopedist, but no fruitful result received so far. Now she is undergoing hyperthyroidism treatment. Please advise me how to get relief from pains?
Hi sir I am having pain in my hips and pelvis and also in the inner part of thigh since 5 months. Got MRI done 2 might months ago. Report is normal. From past one month pain has increases on activity. Have been trying hot fermentation and physiotherapy, not much help.
If you are suffering from arthritis, it is important for you to know about how it affects your knee and other joints. Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease which damages your joints and connective tissues. Your knee is commonly affected by arthritis and there are three primary types of arthritis that occur in the knees. They include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis.
Types of arthritis
The different types of arthritis affecting the knees occur due to different reasons. Osteoarthritis is a progressive condition, which wears away the joint cartilage over time. Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory condition, which may occur at any age. Post-traumatic arthritis occurs after an injury is inflicted to the knee and may occur several years after a ligament injury or knee fracture.
- Arthritis pain may occur all of a sudden, but commonly develops slowly. In the early stages, the pain is observed in the morning after you have been inactive over the night. Pain is likely when you want to move around. Pain may be experienced even when immobile.
- Periodic inflammation is a common symptom of arthritis of the knee. This happens because of the formation of bone spurs or excess fluids in your knee. The swelling gets pronounced after being inactive for a long period. The skin on your knee may look red and feel warm while you touch it. This may lead to chronic inflammation, which is very difficult to manage.
There are several ways of treating knee arthritis. The mode of treatment depends on the severity and cause of knee arthritis. NSAIDS or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are commonly prescribed for dealing with arthritis pain temporarily. Other medicines used for knee arthritis treatment are as follows:
- Analgesics, which help in pain reduction act as good alternatives to NSAIDS.
- Corticosteroids are used for reducing inflammation.
- Certain DMARDs or disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used.
Certain injections that are used for helping with knee arthritis. They include:
- Hyaluronic acid supplements, which ease the pain and inflammation by lubricating your knee joints.
- Corticosteroid injections also soothe inflammation and pain.
You may also require a surgery for dealing with knee arthritis when other modes of treatment fail. The most common surgeries are as follows:
- Total joint replacement, where your knee is replaced with a prosthetic made of metal, plastic or ceramic.
- Osteotomy, where the knee bones are modified for controlling pressure and damage in the knees.
- Arthroscopy, where an incision is made in the knee for removing damaged parts.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor, if you experience any symptom of knee arthritis. Early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.