Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Debalina Bramha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Debalina BramhaYour feedback matters!
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs that develop on a woman's ovary. A patient might experience abdominal and pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding, menstrual irregularities, pain during intercourse or irregular bowel movements. These symptoms indicate an ovarian cyst developing inside you. Ovarian cysts are common in women and may develop during menstruation. In many cases, symptoms are not observed, and you may get ovarian cysts without knowing. Usually being harmless, ovarian cysts may sometimes lead to severe health conditions.
Here are 7 important things you should know about ovarian cysts:
- You should know the reason behind the formation of ovarian cysts. When the follicle does not release the egg, it may grow bigger in size and take the form of a follicular cyst. A corpus luteum cyst may also develop, which is a cavity that gets formed after the egg is ruptured and released from the follicle. The cysts may bleed and cause pelvic pain.
- It is important for you to know if you have an ovarian cyst. Many ovarian cysts do not show symptoms and go away by themselves. Follicular cysts do not change your menstrual cycle, but corpus luteum cysts may cause bleeding.
- You should know how to detect an ovarian cyst. You should visit a gynecologist regularly for diagnosis. Bigger cysts can be diagnosed via a pelvic examination. Ultrasound is also used for detection.
- You should have an idea about all the symptoms associated with ovarian cysts. These include fever, nausea and vomiting. These symptoms indicate that you have an infection. Sometimes, a cyst might twist an ovary, which may cut off blood supply to the ovary, causing permanent damage.
- In case you are at a risk of twisting of the ovaries, you have to undergo a surgery. Surgery is also considered when the cyst lasts longer than three menstrual cycles and it is bigger than four inches in size. The cyst may also pose the risk of being a tumor. The common surgical procedures for ovarian cysts are laparoscopy and laparotomy.
- You can prevent ovarian cysts be taking birth control pills, which help in suppressing ovulation and prevent the formation of a cyst. Birth control pills may help only if you are not pregnant.
- Ovarian cysts are more common in premenopausal women. However, these are possible in postmenopausal women as well, especially in the early postmenopausal stage.
Sometimes, there might be chances of an ovarian cyst being cancerous in nature, which may lead to ovarian cancer. The risk of cancerous ovarian cysts increases with age. It is recommended to consult a gynecologist for the proper diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cysts in women. Pain medications and heating pads are used as alternative treatment methods for less serious ovarian cysts.
I want to ask questions regarding my wife we were trying for pregnancy since last 2 months but the result is again periods we consult with doctor she do some scan and test and said there is lack of hormone and give some tablets for seven days again she call for visit and I asked for tablets to support pregnancy. So I just want to know this is normal or serious problem in my wife or I am working in gulf I have to go in next. So I have only 1 month with my wife is it possible to make her pregnancy in upcoming month. Pls. Suggest me Thanks in advance.
My boyfriend and I had sex 2.5 weeks Ago. He used the pull out method and we are sure he did not ejaculate inside. But today I am having light bleeding and my period date is far away i. E 17th. Am I pregnant?
Hello, I am 30 years old. Two months back I got married. I was taking unwanted 21 tablet but not on regular basis. I took tablet only whenever I had sex with my husband. I had periods on 16th of June and it was for 3 days. Again it started bleeding on this 30th of June. It happened from 30th June to 2nd july. But it was not bleeding as on periods. It's very less and no need to take pad also. I also had little bit pain in my vagina during these 2nd time periods in this month. Also feel stomach pain below my naval area. Kindly suggest.
Hello Doctor. Am pregnant with twins. My random blood sugar tested at three months of pregnancy was normal around 101. At 27 weeks I again got tested for sugar and results are bit high. FBS is 108, after one hour it is 174 and 2 hours its is 163. Please suggest what does this mean. I was not having diabetes before pregnancy as clearly shown by random blood sugar. What effect it can have on my babies and will it come back to normal after pregnancy?
Simple Ways to Treat Dysmenorrhea
Dysmenorrhea is a menstrual disorder in which women suffer painful menstrual cramps along with other symptoms during their periods. It affects about 20 percent of the women of menstrual age. This happens at the start of the periods and may last for three days till the end of the period.
Few Common Symptoms are:
- Abdominal pain with menstrual cramps
- Joint pain, especially in the lower back hips and sometimes in the inner thighs
- May also result in vomiting sometimes
- In certain cases, may also cause an upset stomach
The causes behind dysmenorrhea
The primary cause behind this is usually the contracting of the uterus. The uterus does normally contract a little during menstruation but it may contract a bit too much, affecting the blood vessels and nerves within the abdominal region causing this condition. Some basic steps to reduce pain from cramps.
Some of the steps to be followed to allay the symptoms are:
- Taking ample rest during the days of bleeding
- Staying away from alcohol or any other food or drink that may dehydrate the body
- Avoiding smoking
- Avoid coffee or any food products high in caffeine
- Avoiding foods high in salt
- Massaging the lower back gently
- Using a hot water bag on the abdomen to relieve some of the pain
The steps mentioned above are meant primarily as preventive and pain reducing measures, but for more severe symptoms medications such as acetaminophen, ibuprofen or others may be necessary.
However, the best advice would be to consult a doctor in case of prolonged pain during the days of bleeding rather than self-medicating or only relying on home remedies.
My wife is 25 years old and she wants to take pregnancy control pills. Please guide me the right instructions and tell few effective medicines name.
My husband have high diabetes I want to get pregnant we have completed 2 year of our marriage.Please suggest
1) Will a girl get pregnant if she has oral sex? 2)Will a girl get pregnant if both the boy n the girl r wearing underwear n having fun on the bed? 3) can pregnancy take place if the boy uses a condom?
The context in which an individual life is of great importance on health status and quality of life. Health is maintained and improved not only through the advancement and application of health science, but also through the efforts and intelligent lifestyle choices of the individual and society. Here are some basic tips for maintaining a good health.
You don't have to belong to a gym club. Thirty minutes walk every day will to prevent weight gain and encourage moderate weight loss.
- Eat healthy
Reduce fat intake, cut down on sugar and opt for fruits and vegetables. This helps reduce cholesterol and blood pressure. Healthy food will also lead to better blood sugar control.
- Reduce stress
Not everything we want we get. We have to accept that there are things that we cannot control. Managing time is also of great importance too. We must allow ourselves enough time to get things done. Set a time during the day for relaxation.
- Improve sleep
Avoid caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, and other chemicals that interfere with sleep. Equip your bedroom with a comfortable mattress and pillows. Sleep in a dark clean and quiet environment.
Meditation has been linked to a variety of health benefits. It has been linked to changes in metabolism, blood pressure, brain activation, and other bodily processes.
- Positive thinking
People who think positively have an optimistic view of life that affects their health and well-being. Optimism has been shown to explain between 5–10% of the variation in the likelihood of developing some health conditions, notably including cardiovascular disease, stroke, depression.