Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Debalina BramhaYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir Maine mare wife ko pregno kit ki tablet 06-09-17 ko de uske baad 07-09-17 ko usko halka halka blooding huva to hame 10-09-17 ko gharpe prega news test kiya to usme report positive aaya to aabhi hame Kya Karna chahiye?
Doctor. My mother have breast cancer. 20 days before we have operated and removed one breast. That was type 1a cancer. Now they prefer to do hormone therapy. Is it really correct treatment. If it is correct. Wat ll be the side effects of harmone therapy.
I have had intercourse with my wife a few days ago using condoms as protection. At first session we had intercourse with condoms then I had few drops of cum on my hands, then I went off washed my hands with soap. Then in the next session I fingered her. So now the problem is, she did not get her periods till date. She has symptoms like unusual sleepiness, food cravings, increased body temp and frequent urination than usual. So is she pregnant now? In addition We had intercourse during her non fertile day.
Doctor, I had sex before 25 feb two weeks. I took pill after that. And now after two week waste sperm (brown in color) in low quantity is occurring with little cramp. I want to know whether I'm pregnant or not. If I'm pregnant then what medicine I can take to stop it. Or if I'm not pregnant then why it is occurring. My last menstruation cycle was 13 to 16feb.
Just half an hour of cycling daily can work wonders at getting rid of unwanted belly fat. Not only does cycling tone your legs but it also helps loose weight from the abdomen.
Research says that cycling helps burn approximately 300 calories every hour builds strength and stamina and even improves cardiovascular fitness.
I have an ovary cyst in right side 4.5*3.6 cm.my Age is 24 year. In 2 year before I have an open surgery for ectopic in right side. My marriage passed 3 year. I don't have any baby. I don't want to surgery. please give me advice. I do homeopathic treatment and doctor tell me in 3 months you will all right.
I am suffering from frequent headaches & neck pain. Sometimes I feel too tired. Feel very depressed.
I am 35 year old female I have been fading to get pregnant, I consulted with doctor and after the check up he told me I have polyester ovarian, and pute on matformin, is their any chance I get pregnant.
I am a 25yr old male. Actually some days before I had sex with my gf but I couldn't penetrate and I tried a lot but all in vain. It was my first time. And whenever I masturbate I last for 1 minute or less than that. Is this serious. Please help me regards.
Yesterday I had sexual intercourse with my partner, and it was 4th day of my mensuration cycle. But usually I don't bleed in my 4th day. But after doing sex I started bleeding. Is it normal or not? Is there anything to worry about?
While pregnancy is not a pathological condition, it is a happy time that can be marred by various conditions. Debilitating morning or all day sickness, which is usually characterised by nausea, reflux in the Gastroesophageal band, heartburn and acidity. This can also turn into vomiting and lead to complications if it does not stop. Persistent, almost daily vomiting can be termed as excessive vomiting in pregnancy, and this is known as Hyperemesis Gravidarum in medical terms. Let us find out more about this condition.
- Routine: Hyperemesis Gravidarum usually strikes as a matter of routine at a set time everyday where the patient will either be in unappetising company of acute and painful acidity and nausea, or will also be vomiting.
- Severity: The severity of the condition usually decreases as the patient's pregnancy progresses. Usually, this condition strikes around the fourth or fifth week of pregnancy, before becoming better towards the middle of the second trimester. There are cases, though, where it continues to be just as severe till the very end of the pregnancy.
- When to take action: The patient may have to be hospitalised in case too much vomiting takes place, so as to prevent excess loss of water and salt from the body, and resultant weakness which may affect the growth of the foetus. Also, it is best to call the doctor when you have experienced fainting and dizzy spells.
- Causes: Hyperemesis Gravidarum or excessive vomiting during pregnancy cannot be attributed to any specific or single cause. Usually, it is known to be a genetic condition passed down by mothers to their daughters. But in most cases, doctors believe that the condition is due to hormonal changes, where an increase in the HCG hormone, or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin hormone level during pregnancy may lead to a variety of symptoms such as morning sickness or excessive vomiting. This hormone is known to be at its peak during pregnancy.
- Risk Factors: It has mostly been seen that women who are carrying twins are at risk of suffering from this condition. Also, women who have suffered from chronic motion sickness in the past report excessive vomiting during pregnancy.
- Treatment: The best way to treat this issue is to prevent too much of nausea and vomiting with the help of a bland diet that does not have heavy to digest ingredients. Also, it is best to take small and frequent meals.
Working your way around excessive vomiting during pregnancy is a matter of ensuring that you take rest, fluids and other precautions.
Related Tip: "6 Do’s and Don’ts of Working During Pregnancy "
Kidney failure is happening even to 20-year-old Indians now! 4 Reasons why.
Usually more common in the elderly as a consequence of the chronic kidney disease, kidney failure is now increasingly becoming common amongst 20-somethings in the country.
Mainly because of their unhealthy lifestyle habits, they are falling prey to a disease that normally strikes later on in life.
Kidney failure, also known as renal failure, occurs when the kidneys stop functioning properly, that is, they are unable to filter out waste and toxins efficiently from the body. It is the most severe stage of chronic kidney disease. To ensure that toxins don't build up in the body, treatment usually involves dialysis (process for removing excess fluid and waste from the blood) or kidney transplant, among others. It is said that about 1 million people all over the world are on dialysis or are surviving on transplanted kidneys. The condition is permanent and can occur either very suddenly or slowly over time.
These frightening habits of the young are leading to the rise of the incidence of renal failure:
1. A sedentary lifestyle - A research conducted by the University of Utah School of Medicine suggests that if you spend 80 minutes a day sitting, you see a 20% increase in the risk of developing chronic kidney disease and, in turn, renal failure.Sedentary behaviour can also increase your risk of diabetes, hypertension as well as obesity (causes of chronic kidney disease).India is said to have about 60% of patients who suffer from hypertension and diabetes also suffer from kidney problem.
2. Poor eating habits - Studies suggest that the right diet consisting of fruits legumes, nuts, and whole grains can help in preventing kidney disease.On the other hand, a diet that is high in processed meats; salt and sugar can worsen the vicious cycle of high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and kidney disease. Furthermore, a BMI of over 30 can increase your risk of developing common kidney ailments by two-fold. With the proliferation of fast food outlets and junk food due to lack of time, Indians are increasingly now at a risk.
3. Smoking - Smoking brings about a decrease in blood flow to the kidneys, rendering the organs inefficient. When you smoke, the arteries of your body harden and the blood vessels become narrow, leading to a worsening of conditions like high blood pressure. A study by the John Hopkins University says that smoking can increase your chances of developing kidney disease by about 60%. Many young Indians view smoking as fashionable and some even take it up to 'look cool', to beat stress or just to blend in with their peers.
4. Drinking alcohol - Excessive alcohol consumption can bring about significant changes to the way your kidneys may function. Your kidneys end up becoming less efficient at removing alcohol from the blood due to regular drinking. Additionally, more than 2 drinks a day has been found to significantly increase your risk of high blood pressure, a common cause of kidney disease.
Related Tip: 4 Types of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms
I had Polycystic ovary syndrome problem, Iam 25 years old unmarried girl. During this problem I had too much hair growth especially on face, hands, arms, feet & legs, pls suggest something to get rid from these ugly unwanted hairs.
I have acidity everyday. This includes chest burn and puking. Also I have lower abdomen pain. I have menstrual pain a week before I get my chums and have a severe pain during periods. I end up taking 6-7 tablets every month.
I am 35 years old. My baby is of 10 years. I dont want 2nd child now cause I am getting some home medicines. But my last period date was 7th sept. I have tested pressure and it show positive. Some other symptoms are also there like some liquid is coming from my breasts. Please suggest.
वैद्यक-शास्र में, त्वचा पर होने वाले सफेद पैच को विटिलिगो के रूप में जाना जाता है। ये निशान हाथ, पैर, बाह, टांग, चेहरे, होंठ, और आँखें और मुंह के आसपास, विभिन्न अंगों पर दिखाई दे सकते हैं। हालांकि, यह स्थिति आमतौर पर हानिरहित और गैर-संक्रामक होती है, परंतु यह मानसिक तनाव पैदा कर सकती है। जब एक पिंपल जैसी छोटी सी चीज़ के पीछे भी मन खराब हो जाता है, तो सोचिए यह स्थिति व्यक्ति के आत्मविश्वास को कितना गिरा सकती है।
सफेद रंग या विरंजनता मेलेनिन उत्पादन की कमी के कारण होता है। जबकि विटिलिगो सफेद स्पॉट का एक कारण है, यह अन्य कारण से भी हो सकते हैं। उच्च रक्तचाप, अतिगलग्रंथिता, विटामिन बी 12 की कमी, सूरज की किरणों का अतिरिक्त एक्सपोजर आदि भी त्वचा पर सफेद धब्बे पैदा कर सकते हैं। त्वचा पर सफेद पैच सतही फंगल संक्रमण जैसे टीनेया वेर्सिकलर, एक्जिमा, छालरोग, या अन्य त्वचा की स्थिति के कारण भी हो सकते है।
गृह उपचार सफेद धब्बों से छुटकारा पाने के लिए:
निम्नलिखित प्राकृतिक उपचार आपको विटिलिगो या सफेद स्पॉट को ठीक करने में मदद कर सकते हैं:
1. नारियल का तेल:
नारियल का तेल त्वचा को शांत कर, जीर्ण सूजन को ठीक करता है। यह प्रकृति में जीवाणुरोधी और एंटिफंगल भी है। इसके अलावा, यह त्वचा को नमी देता है और रक्त परिसंचरण में सुधार लाता है। यह विटिलिगो के उपचार में मदद करता है क्योंकि यह त्वचा के रंजकता को बढ़ावा देता है।
बस सफेद पैच पर नारियल के तेल को एक दिन में दो से तीन बार लागू करें।
अदरक, शोथ रोधक होने के अलावा एंटीऑक्सिडेंट से भरा हुए हैं। अदरक रक्त परिसंचरण को बढ़ाने और मेलेनिन उत्पादन में भी मदद करता है। प्रभावित क्षेत्र पर अदरक के रस को लागू करें और लगभग 20 मिनट के लिए इसे छोड़ दें। इसे पानी से धो लें।
माना जाता है कि तांबा मेलेनिन के उत्पादन में मदद करता है। बस कमरे के तापमान पर एक तांबे के पोत में रात भर पानी जमा करें, और सुबह इसे पी लें। जब तांबे के पोत में रात भर पानी रखा जाता है, तो यह तांबे के आयनों के साथ जुड़ जाता है। जो शरीर में मेलेनिन उत्पादन के साथ मदद करता है।
नीम सभी प्रकार की त्वचा समस्याओं के उपचार के लिए एक बहुत अच्छा प्राकृतिक उपाय है। नीम के पत्ते सफेद धब्बे के इलाज में और त्वचा का मूल रंग पुनः प्राप्त करने में मदद कर सकते हैं। एक मुट्ठी नीम के पत्तों को पीस कर पेस्ट बनायें और इसमें 1 चम्मच शहद जोड़ें। सफेद धब्बे पर लागू करें और इसे लगभग 10-15 मिनट तक सूखने दें। फिर इसे पानी से धो लें।
5. लाल मिट्टी:
लाल मिट्टी में उच्च तांबे की सामग्री होती है जो त्वचा रंगद्रव्य को लौटाने में और सफेद पैच से छुटकारा पाने में मदद करती है। 2 चम्मच लाल मिट्टी में 1 बड़ा चमचा अदरक का रस मिलाकर पेस्ट बनाएं। पेस्ट को प्रभावित क्षेत्रों पर धीरे से रगड़ें। इसे लगभग 10 मिनट के लिए छोड़ दें और फिर इसे धो लें।
6. मूली के बीज:
मेलेनिन पुनर्जन्मा करने में मूली के बीज बहुत प्रभावी हैं। लगभग 25 ग्राम मूली के बीज को एक मोटे पाउडर में पीस लें। इसमें सिरका के दो चम्मच डालें और एक पेस्ट बनायें। प्रभावित क्षेत्रों पर पेस्ट को लागू कर 15 मिनट के लिए छोड़ दें और फिर इसे धो लें।
एक पेस्ट बनाने के लिए 5 चम्मच हल्दी पाउडर के साथ लगभग 250 मिलीलीटर सरसों का तेल मिलाएं। इसे सफेद स्पॉट पर लागू करें और कुछ घंटों तक छोड़ दें। हल्दी और सरसों के तेल का सामयिक उपयोग विटिलिगो के इलाज के लिए अद्भुत काम करता है।
When tissues that usually grow inside the uterus, start growing outside the organ, it is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain while urinating or bowel movements, extreme bleeding, fatigue, infertility, diarrhea, bloating and nausea are some of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Treating endometriosis usually depends on the following factors
- Severity of symptoms
- Severity of the disease
- Future plans for children
Depending on these the doctor might opt for any of the following treatments
- Medication for Pain: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe some pain killers like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is effective, but once you stop them, your symptoms may come back. Some of the hormone therapies include:
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Birth control pills, vaginal rings and patches are useful in controlling the hormones that are responsible for tissue build-up outside the uterine cavity.
- Medroxyprogesterone: This drug stops menstruation, which in turn stops the tissue build-up and put an end to all the symptoms. But on the other hand, gaining weight, low bone production and depression are some of the common effects of this drug.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists and agonists: Hormones that stimulate ovaries are blocked by these. They bring down oestrogen levels and hence prevent menstruation.
- Danazol: This drug prevents menstruation and symptoms of endometriosis by blocking the hormones that stimulate the ovaries. However, Danazol may not be a favourable option because of its side effects. The drug should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Conservative Surgery: If you are trying to get pregnant, but you already suffer from endometriosis, then removing endometriosis surgically is a viable solution. Your uterus and ovaries will be preserved, which might increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Even suffering from severe pain might find relief from conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, the only way to deal with the symptoms is to completely remove the uterus, ovaries and cervix. Since a hysterectomy means you cannot have children, it is kept as the last option for women in their reproductive age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.